Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
people w/ fibro's ages!
tawneyelaine posted:
how old is everyone that deals with FMS?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tawneyelaine,

We've had members here who are in their teens (or parents talking about kids even younger) all the way to their 80s.

Personally, I'm turning 52 this year and have been diagnosed with FM for 20 years and probably had it for at least five years before then so was in my 20s when it showed up.

How about you?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

gdsjoy replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm 36 and have had it for 8 years.

jdhnay25 replied to gdsjoy's response:
I'm 25. I was just diagnosed this year, but we think I've had it since I was a teenager or maybe younger. So maybe 10 plus years. I know for sure since 2008.

fibrofighter2012 responded:
I am 45 and have had fibromyalgia since April 2012. Surgery on my hands triggered it.

crystalscats responded:
I am 50. I was dx at age 48, however I think I have had it a lot longer than that, just didn't know what is was until dx. I also have Type 2 diabetes and have been taken gabapentin for it for long time so that may have masked it too.

foreversore responded:
I am 36, diagnosed this year but symptomatic for 20 years. I would say I have had this since about the age of 14.

angelswife responded:
I am 45---I was "officially" dxed back in 2010, but have had symptoms since I was 20, after a bad bout with Mono.

sp2001 replied to angelswife's response:
I am 33, "officially" diagnosed earlier this month. But, like everyone else, have had symptoms for years. Also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome when I was 19.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sht! What a ride!' ~Hunter S. Thompson

lotsapain711 replied to sp2001's response:
I'm 51 and have had Fibro for 5 years. Started feeling tired and achy before that , but an emotional breakup triggered it I think. Went to three doctors before I was diagnosed...... they made me feel like I was only there for drugs, Finally, went to a rheumetologist, and got the right help. It was a long hard journey, but I made it. I still have bad days, but I still get up, stretch, Hot shower, pills, and get to work. KEEP ON KEEPING ON !!!!!!

katmandulou responded:
I'm 53 and it's 7.5 years since my diagnosis.
Lou

1wareaglefan replied to katmandulou's response:
Well, I see I'm the "old lady!" I'm 59, and was dx at 55, but had it, I think, some years before.

maggiethedoglover replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Hi Elizabeth,

You are not the oldest one. I'm sure there are many of us older than you. I am 67 years old chronologically but somedays I feel 17 inside. Of course those are exceptionally good days.

I meant to respond last week and got distracted. Although I was diagnosed about 6 years ago, I have had many of the symptoms for many years and a few all of my life. I have always ached before a rain and my legs have been restless ever since I can remember. When I first told my doctor about my pain, I said I thought it was normal to hurt more as you age. She set me straight about the level of pain one can expect as you age and that was way below what I had been enduring.

Soft hugs to everyone!

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

cherdax responded:
I'm not far behind you. I'm 58. diagnosed earlier this year but been having the really severe pain since i had hip replacement surgery 3 years ago and had some severe post op complications and spent a lot of time in the hospital and in a rehab hospital afterwards. I have severe osteoarthritis as a result of a severe limp because of a broken foot in a car accident 28 years ago that caused me to have arthritis in the foot. so it's hard to really know how long i have had FM because of the joint pain and limping. but i suspect at least 10 years. right now i can barely walk 50 feet. can't stand more than a couple of minutes.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
364 of 391 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.