Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****9/26/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....had some computer problems and then got really sick....started my fall out with a bang....I hope this is NOT the beginning of a bad time....I am feeling some better but still not where I want to be....

I do hope everyone is having a good fall....the weather here has been nice for a while but hot weather is on the way back...for a few days any way.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes as it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools and tips that might work for you...so hang in there and keep on keeping on...until you find what works.

Vitamin D level is important....I can not stress this enough....this has been a mission of mine for a very long time and it is so very important. Ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level if you have not already done so. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well, according to the medical researchers...

Well...we are close to the end of Sept....OMG...where does the time go?

Hope everyone will have a great Wednesday and I hope you are able to enjoy some natural Vitamin D today out in the sunshine.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
It's SO good to see you back! We've been really worried about you. I'm sorry to hear you've been sick.

I posted for you this morning before I saw you were on, so I'm all typed out, lol. I've been sick with some type of flu all week too...I sure hope that wasn't what you had. I didn't have a high fever until last night, but I've been sick since Sunday. This morning I'm finally feeling a little better, just hacking like crazy and really tired. I won't be doing much today.

I am making an omlette with lots of chopped fresh garlic this morning. That should kill any germs I still have!

sp2001 replied to angelswife's response:
Hi Mimi, glad to see your back! Hope you feel better very soon! *hugs*
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sht! What a ride!' ~Hunter S. Thompson

katmandulou responded:
MIMI'S BACK - YAYYY!

You can't imagine how worried we've been. Glad that you're back and are on the mend. It's cold here today - mid-60s last time I looked, and they're promising 74 and sunny. HAH!

I had a doc appt Monday, and more blood was drawn. He said the hair loss could be either menopause or thyroid. Thyroid issues run in the family, so I'm waiting to hear, and I made an apt to see a dermatologist. Geez, I thought it would be another 10-15 year before I'd have to see a revolving crew of docs. LOL!

Mom couldn't remember when she went through "the change", so that's no help. Have you seen the ads for Poise pads, saying we gals need The Second Talk - about menopause? I find them interesting, and I think it's a good idea!

Maybe that's why I'm feeling out of sorts today. Of course, I blame everything on the FM. Do you?

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

lb707 replied to katmandulou's response:
First time I have logged on in month's.....just wanted to ditto Mimi's mission on vit D. My Dr. had me on 10,000 units and I got lazy and went back to my usual 2,000 & it went way low again. Back up to the higher dose til it stays up which may or may not happen. I am glad it is a priority with her.

Long flare for me so I have not had anything to post but complaints. Getting back to my normal instead of just wanting to hide from the world (as if I ever got to really hide!)

Got me a vita-mix and drinking so many green smoothies....I believe it really helps me feel better. I still eat veggies with all meals as I have read fibro people need extra nutrition as we do not absorb nutrients the way most people do.

Have a great day

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday MiMi and all. Can only stay on a second but wanted to say HI to MiMi and welcome her back. So happy to see MiMi's post as well.

Missed her daily posts so much. Sorry however that illness was one of the reason we didn't see her here for a few days.

Angeleswife, eat, rest and enjoy your day now that your not feeling so unwell.

Sending gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

schrode responded:
So glad to have you back Mimi! I hope you and the computer are both feeling better!

Soft hugs,
Deb

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome back, MiMi!

We were about to send out a search party for you! You really were missed and quite a few discussions over the last few days called out to you.

Sorry about the rocky few days and I'm glad you're feeling at least somewhat better now. It's very good to have you back!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

mnjeepguy responded:
Good to see Mimi and Angelswife back, it is cool and crisp here with the fall colors almost at peak. It is the most beautiful time of the year here I think.

Nothing wonderful to report, my wife threw her back out and took a day off, hopefully not hurtig her already damaged area. I am trying to get her to work a little less to minimize any problems. The only problem is that she is more stubborn than me.

I have been hurting lately and very fatigued. I am just tying to focus on the good stuff. I am having my seasonal joint issues, they are ten times worse in the winter.

On a good note, after not going since July 11th, I finally got in and got a massage yesterday. It was greatly needed. I feel that it helps me a lot.

Things could be worse, take care everyone, sleep tight.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.