Skip to content
Thursday ****9/27/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...it is 58* and nice right now...showers are headed to NC though...these weather changes are something else right now...I did rest better last night...I am also still having back issues...I will be going back to doctor next week and finding out if an injection might help. The therapist seems to think that I am having problems with the SI joint...perhaps problems with nerves...she did say that IF this is my problem then my back will continue to hurt...I have been in therapy long enough to help the pain but this does not seem to be the case...I do get some relief when I get on the muscle stimulator for 20 minutes...

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us...with little to no pain...

Noah turned 3 and I was sick so I did not get to enjoy this like I would have liked...he is such a sweet and smart little boy...full of so much energy and life...I can not believe that he is now 3...
Alec is getting use to school...although he does not like getting up so early every day...I hope with time this will get better for him.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools and tips* that will make a difference for you...there are no magic pills or quick fixes to living with the wrath of the dragon.

I really looked forward to summer time this year...only to find out that the hot weather was actually too bad for me to enjoy it...it is now cooler and I am *feeling the pain* a bit more...and I do dread the cold...as I don't like being cold to begin with...I guess I am trying to find my *happy medium*...not sure just where it is right now...we, FMers, must keep on keeping on...until we figure it all out...

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well, according to the medical researchers.

Have a good day and enjoy some sunshine, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and everyone. I do hope your yesterday was a good one and that you had few, if any, fibro issues or pain. I hope your today is a fibro issue and pain free as well.

It's going to be around 87 here with no rain. A nice day that says summer to me. Tomorrow there is going to be rain and thunder storms because it will be cooler. I could do without that. Yesterday was so nice but I didn't really get a chance to enjoy it much as my ear started hurting and I was off balance most of the day. My ear has been bothering me since coming back from Orlando but yesterday it really flared up. I hate it when I'm off balance. I hate it when "IT" steals any time away from day ( my life ). I hate thinking of fibro issues let alone give in to them. I am hoping that today will be a better balance day because I have errands to run to get ready for my GS's visit with us tomorrow night. Plan to take him to the movies and then he'll want to play with his XBOX Madden 2013 game.

Oh, we found that we still have hummingbirds here. 4 of them all females. So DH put back up the smaller hummingbird feeders, but we feel sure that within a week or so we will have seen the last of the little birds for the year. The little birds are beyond friendly and will fly right up to you and just watch what your doing. You could even touch them they are that close and that friendly. If we are sitting out side they will fly near us sit on a feeder and just sit and watch us.. kinda like we do to them.

I guess it's the weather that's making me get ready early for the colder temps that will be here soon. For what ever reason I am getting stored and stocked up with things I will need months from now, now. I have no idea why I am getting ready so soon for the cold and snow when it's 89 degrees out side but I am. I do hope it's not a sign that this coming winter will be a bad one. 2 years ago we had 9 snow falls with over 14" of snow. I hate snow, but I hate ice worse. So for what ever reason I am getting things together early just in case.

I also started my Fall /Winter regimen of supplements weeks earlier than I did last year. This is also not like me as I usually start these supplements around mid October. Like MiMi, I know that vitamin and herbal supplements are helpful to those of us with fibro. I take 4 different kinds to help my immune system get ready for weeks and weeks of cold days. I use Shaklee supplements and have found, for me, they help build up my system for the fibro Fall and Winter flares that want to drag me down. I didn't use Shaklee last year because Shaklee costs more than the same kinda combination one can get at Whole Foods or a GNC. But what I did get OTC wasn't as helpful for me and last winter was awful for me.

So I went back to shaklee and regret that I fell away from it. I have used them for a zillion years without any problems. So I am staying with what works. I was in so much pain last January that I don't want to go thru that again. I also know I will have to go back on Gabapentin, low does, soon. I hate that medication but darn it if it doesn't work well for me. I just don't like the side effects.

Angeleswife, I hope your today is a good one. I also hope you are feeling better and that those flu like symptoms have eased up and that you have put that flu behind you.

I guess I should get up and do some things. I am still a bit off balance. I took an OTC migraine pill a bit ago because when my ear goes I can count on getting a migraine. I am going to a Neurologist on the 22ND of next month to see what options I have in treating/ preventing these out of the blue migraines I have been having.

I sure wish I had my balance back, but anyway up I go to get my day started. Sending feel well wishes to each of you..

Have a great day..don't let fibro symptoms take even one second from your day..

Gentle hugs, Linda R

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am feeling a bit better today...My glands are less swollen and I didn't run a fever last night. I still have an earache, though, and the cough is terrible. I've actually strained the muscles in my back and chest from coughing so much. I will be glad when that settles down.

It's sunny this morning and in the 50s. I'm planning to get out on the deck today, at least for a while. I haven't been outside much this week, and the squirrels are very annoyed at not being fed. One will come onto the deck and hang onto the kitchen window screen, waiting for me to come out and throw a peanut. He is funny to watch, but we are trying to train them to stay off the deck. They are fearless and won't even run when we come out the door.

We have two "impaired" squirrels this year. Their mother was blind and she disappeared just before these two showed up. They both look just like her. One squirrel is completely blind, and the other is partly blind and has some paralysis in its back end. I feed them on the roof, because the other squirrels attack them when they try to eat.

The half-blind one is getting tame. She will come right up to me when she wants a peanut. I was napping in the lounge chair on the roof last week, and I woke to see her sitting right on my crocheting, eating peanuts out of the scoop, which I'd forgotten to put on the ground. I stayed still until she finished, because I didn't want to startle her....Another day, the big male squirrel was chasing her, and she ran right up on the deck and over my feet. He didn't follow because he's afraid of me.

I got fitted for my new brace yesterday. It's much better than the one I had! It's inflatable, so I can control how it fits. The one I had was no good because the edges would cut into me every time I swelled up. This one feels much better and I can walk without wincing. Now I can start really walking and building my strength up again.

The disability process goes on...They have sent me twelve pages of questions to fill out. I've never been patient with paperwork; and stupid questions make it even worse. ("Can you pay attention?" Yes, unless I'm bored. "Do you get along with authority figures?" Yes, until they start asking stupid questions. "Can you count change?" Yes, when we have it to count.) I will have to write my smarta** answers on a separate sheet of paper so I don't get myself in trouble. I have no patience with questions like that!

And there's no guarantee I'll even get anything....They want a blow-by-blow description of how I spend my day, and 15 years of work history, among other things. I would rather be crocheting! But I'll have to see it through. I suppose it would be easier if I actually liked paperwork.

Griping aside, it really is a nice morning. I am going out to get some fresh air---maybe I'll bring some crocheting. We're supposed to have heavy rain all day tomorrow so I'll tackle the paperwork then. Hope everyone has a good day!

angelswife replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda---just wanted to say I hope you feel better fast. Being sick is no fun! I also wanted to let you know your scarf should be on the way by next week. I don't want to touch it while I'm sick and risk sending you my germs.

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angeleswife, I hope by the time you read this you have been out of doors getting real Vit D and enjoying your ' wild life ' Am so glad your getting out onto the deck today and am really happy that you have a brace now that you can fit to each day's swelling or no swelling. YipPee. I'm so happy. I wish you were not also battling that cold/ flu. It's more than enough with just the leg.

I am so amazed about the squirrels. OMG how cute is that and you have taken on being a care giver for the two that are disabled. I wonder how that will work for you come this Fall and Winter. I am guessing you will come up with some plan to make sure they get food and make it thru til spring and summer. I think it's cool to have squirrels as " pets ". My great grandfather had a squirrel who kept putting his winter nuts into his boots which he left in the boot room. After weeks of finding nuts in the boots my great grand father gave up and got new boots to use until spring came and the squirrel and the winter stash was gone.

As for SSDI please stay the course!! I know it's a long process.. we've all have to do it! You are entitled to benefits so you need to apply for them. I am sure it will all work out just fine. Think of it as a necessary evil and once your on the rolls you'll be done and look back and say to yourself " that wasn't so hard."

As for my scarf I will look for it. I know it's beautiful. I wish others here would check out your handy work, I know if they did they'd be getting scarfs and hats/ caps to wear this coming winter. I know the heavier one I got last winter and didn't wear because the temps were so mild will be nice and warm this winter. I will be honest I am in no big rush to wear it. I want a nice mild winter just like last year. PLEASE GOD.

Okay DF will let you go and so you can get back to resting and relaxing out on the deck, cause in just no time at all you'll be up and busy walking your forest trail and you won't have to time to kick back and feed the squirrels.
Have a greart day. Gentle hugs, Linda R

slovene54 responded:
Happy Thursday everyone! This week so far has been tough with a lot of emotional ups and downs. I almost lost my job this week because of a stupid careless mistake. I think my Fibro is causing some issues with how I'm thinking. Thank goodness error was fixed and with some talking to I get to keep my job. It's frustrating because I don't want Fibro to be an excuse as to why I mess up sometimes but I wish my job could understand a little more. My 3 year old is finally catching on to potty training!! YAY!! We are going to Disneyland in less than 2 weeks. So excited but so nervous about the pain I'll be in. I think I'll be having so much fun it won't matter!! @MiMi I hope you find something to help! Back pain is tough. I have horrible neck pain and spasms all the time. Trigger shots seem to help me a lot. @everyone I hope you all have a great day! *Gentle Hugs*

foreversore replied to angelswife's response:
Hi, Mimi glad to see you back after your short absence. Angelswife I know how you feel. I had to fill out 2 of those 12 page packets. By the time I was done I couldn't move my head or use my right arm for 2 days.

The weather here is sporradic, warm during the day but chilly at night. A lot of rain nearby but not too much here but its close enough that I can feel it. I took a tumble 2 days ago when attempting to take my shoes off. I have been super stiff and sore since. I am now up to 25 mg of Savella a day. I feel a little more alert and slightly less foggy and flighty but I don't notice much pain relief yet. I still have room to increase the dose so I am hoping it will start helping more as I raise the dose.

i hope everyone had a wonderful day today and a great one tomorrow.

foreversore responded:
Mimi I really hope they can find something to give you relief from the back pain. I have more bulging discs that I do normal ones from the top to the very bottom of my spine. Surgery is not an option in my case and I failed PT after 6 months of 4 days a week with zero relief. And despite the fact that I take Flexeril (and have been for some time) My trapezius muscles have been in a chronic spasm for 3 years and counting. I don't wish this on even my worst enemy and of course my rheumy says the fibro intensifies the pain in my back and muscles. If the muscle stimulator helps then maybe you could get a tens unit to use at home? I hope for the very best for you!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.