Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibromyalgia with Bipolar II Disorder.
Kole3 posted:
Hai Everyone.
I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (FM) and has also been diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder (Bipolar II - Dm).

In Bipolar — Hi's means the hypomania condition and Low's means Depressed condition.

I've usually on the Mixed situation of Up's and Down's on FM along with Hi's and Low's on Bipolar. I've found it's so hard to balance with the situations.

When, It's Up's on FM and it Hi on Bipolar, (it's a great wave pattern),
but at the end I used to Overdo. Then it trigger the Flare up on FM. This is not good for Fibromyalgia.

When, It's Down's on FM and Low's in Bipolar (It's a worst wave pattern), and it's usually along side with the Flare up situation in FM. This condition not good for Bipolar II.

When, It's Up's on FM but it Low's on Bipolar. Or when it's Down's on FM but it Hi's on Bipolar. (I felt it's like a lost wave pattern) which cause my self commonly in Lost mood & direction situations.

But i've noted that FM had a capable of manipulating the Bipolar. It easily be able to control Bipolar to be Low's when it on FLARE UP conditions. And Bipolar are capable on slowing the process of FM Up's (Remitance) when in the Depressed mode.

I really need someone to guide or give an opinion or to advise me on this Mixed Situations.

Anon_10089 responded:
You need to talk to a doctor, psychiatrist, or a therapist versed in both.

I couldn't quite understand your words but it sounds like you've already determined many of your patterns for yourself. That's good and maybe you could keep a pain/mental health journal to show to your doctor.

I have FM and my husband has bipolar 2 like you. I can understand how not doing well physically and emotionally at the same time can be very hard.

SilverDove7 replied to Anon_10089's response:
I have fibro and am bipolar 1 with psychotic features and I too understand how hard it can be.

Sabrina

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.