Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery Today
booch007 posted:
I will be gone I think for a bit....Leg in the air again. The right leg need to be done now and genetic vascular disease is not fun...but I need to help my muscles with better blood return!

I am fearful for this one though , it goes all the way from groin area to across the ankle and walking is going to be an ouch I fear.....

So leg in the air with ice is not going to get me sitting at a computer and no driving as it is the right.....bulky bandage and ouch....

I will check in as soon as I can.

I posted two reponses this a.m. and the computer took none of them!
Sorry I am not able to speak today either I guess................

Glad to see Mimi around, I didn't find the post of what happened...Welcome home mimi, I hope you are moving forward though and OK.....Hugs to all............Nancy B
FirstPrevious12NextLast

booch007 responded:
SEE...now I post this and magically my other posts are there. CRAP, see you look like a fool. What is always up with this board...silly thing! Nan

maggiethedoglover replied to booch007's response:
Nancy B.,

You NEVER look like a fool. You are so helpful to the rest of us.

Hope everything goes well with your leg.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

katmandulou responded:
Nancy - do whatever you need to do to be well again. We'll be right here when you can visit again.

All the best ((((( hugs )))))
Lou

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B....MiMi in NC...I sure hope your surgery goes well....

Remember to take it easy....and allow your body to heal. I hope you will feel better soon.

Know that thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for letting us know, Nancy. We'll definitely be thinking of you and missing you, and look forward to your return.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

deansmimi responded:
God Bless You, Nancy. You always put on such a brave happy face, and are so knowledgable and helpful to everyone. I don't write very often, but read the posts every day, especially all of yours. Many of them not only help the person asking, but also so many others who read them.

Good luck and a speedy recovery,
Marie

crystalscats responded:
Good luck and take care of yourself Nancy. We all know FMS does not help us at these times and seem exacerbate things!
So soft and light huggs to you!!

You have helped me many times with things you respond to on here, so you will me missed by all I am sure.
God Bless and have a speedy recovery!

annette030 responded:
Best of luck to you. Come back soon.

Take care, Annette

booch007 responded:
I am addicted to this board...I have my leg (right) up in the air and to the side and I am sitting here on the computer.

Surgery went fairly well. I had laser closure of one massive vessel (groin to mid calf) and then removal or phlebectomy of others.

The laser didn't go as well as planned as in past surgery on this leg another surgeon CUT A NERVE and created a neuropathy that in 6 years has now somewhat resolved itself, BUT the area seems to be hypersensitive (unless it is this condition) NO MATTER what he did I could FEEL....

SO OUCH is what I will say for the burning with the laser. We had to move forward as all the catheters were in place. But as soon as he did a trial...I said OUCH..I feel that, a burning. Well it continued for 7 inches I would say....I just said..KEEP GOING, FINISH. Once done all calmed down.

I premedicated before the start with my muscle relaxer and tramadol as the position for this is not good for me. A neck roll (made) was great. But I was so tense under the drape..I had to remind myself to relax.....the music playing was great and soothing.....40-50's (Mom's music) funny as I brought her with me in the necklace I chose and my Sis called me as my Mom's song came on the radio and she said..."I don't know I think Mom wanted me to call you? Ha, yeah..you forgot I am pre-op right now. W O W..the spirits were around me....

Well, the area of the leg I was worried about the ankle to foot zone was nothing. I am in little discomfort this morning. Iced all last night. 5 hours in the office with them at the hospital and slept for sure when I got home.

For me, They still don't tell their patients ICE..post op. YET it is the saving grace for pain with this "burn" they do. You really are soothed with it. I am hoping this ends the surgery part of my issues. I have 2 LASER spots to care for OUT -OF-POCKET....and I will be happy with the functional and looking of my legs.

Vascular disease is a thing you need to be aware of, ahead of and protective of. I will NOT have stasis changes to my legs, I wear my stocking support everyday. Unless I know the legs are up. OK.....just wanted all to know I did well and I love this doctor (even though this was a tough surgery for me).....he tried....

Hugs to all, Nancy B

angelswife replied to booch007's response:
Good to see you, Nancy, and glad things went well. Sorry I missed this one yesterday! XO

rudyandirmouse responded:
Nancy, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am soooo glad the surgery went well. Well, except for the cut and the burning. Sorry that happened. I hope you mend quickly, sooner than expected and are back up and feeling better, also, way before you are expected to.

I am posting later than most because yesterday I was so off balance yesterday that it took all I had to get a few things done before letting myself fall into bed and rest.

Will be looking for your post..
Big gentle hugs, Linda R.

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B.....glad the surgery is over for you....and now the recovery....hope you mend soon....remember to pace, pace and pace even more....you know we are not as young as we use to be and it does take us FMers more time to heal...

Know that you are in thoughts and prayers and hoping you will feel so much better soon...

Take care...get well soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

xperky replied to booch007's response:
I hope you are feeling OK. You have a strong spirit to get through all that without turning back!

I value the advice you post here and enjoy how you share your stories.

Take care and use the time to rest and repair.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 replied to xperky's response:
Good Morning,

Off to see the doctor today...the leg looks awful yet good to me.

Bandages off last night and a transition to heating pad to help soften the inflamed (lasered) area. 21 stabsites and plenty of color( ha) to the leg. I showed DH and he wasn't happy to SEE it!

I feel much better without the bulk of the wrap and I have on the SEXY stocking, in fact I thought I could sleep without it last night but NO GO. Got up and put it back on.....Ahhhh support.

So, today I move again until the leg speaks. Be well, be better....Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.