Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Friday September 28th---Roll Call
angelswife posted:
Good Morning, All,
Checking in, as I see Mimi's not on. Mimi, I hope it's just a computer issue and you haven't gotten sicker! I know you've had a tough week.

Today is our weekly Roll Call, where we ask everyone who's on to check in and let us know how things are going. Please take a minute to do so. It doesn't matter if your week has been good or bad---we want to hear about it. Thanks in advance for posting.

It's gray, rainy and chilly this morning, and it will pour all day. I am sitting here in my pink fleece pajama bottoms and a scruffy tee-shirt, with no plans to get out of either. I have the electric heater cranked up in the bedroom to take the chill out of the air, and I will be heading there with my crocheting soon. I have no plans for today except for being a total slug, crocheting on my bed, drinking tea and watching the rain. It's a perfect day to do nothing, and that's what I'm going to do.

I still have an earache and am hacking like crazy, but am feeling a bit more like myself. This virus was a nasty one. Turns out it's all over town, and I probably picked it up from someone at our local market who was working in the deli. Everyone there has had it, so says a friend of mine. (She works there and has it now) The guy who waited on me Friday night didn't look good at all. He was probably the source of mine, since he was handling my food.

Not much else to say...My crocheting is calling me! Hope everyone has a good day. I will check back later on and see how you're all doing.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

sp2001 responded:
Hi there, hope everyone is feeling good today. I wanted to share my "light bulb" moment....

This week was rough for me, feeling very achy, tired and down. This morning I realized I was feeling better, and then it hit me; THIS is a Fibro Flair! For many years, I've had what I called "Dark Hole Days". You know, when you feel crappy and depressed. I really think it was FM all along.

So there's my epiphany for the day LOL

*hugs*
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sht! What a ride!' ~Hunter S. Thompson

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Good morning

I've just got a minute before I have to get busy with school work. I've been sick for about a week now (sore throat, headaches, laryngitis, and an upset tummy) and I'm behind on just about everything. At least I finished the reading for one of my classes last night

I have missed you all! I hope things are looking up for those of you who are going through tough times and everyone who's been sick is feeling better.

~air hugs~ Have a great day

~Jessi

KatmanduLou responded:
Hi Everyone - TGIF!

It's cold and rainy here, and I'm feeling achy. I don't know if it's the sitting (which I do SO much of lately) or the FM, or the arthritis. I managed to get up early ;-o and went to the 9:30am yoga class. It wasn't rigorous, and I was feeling pretty good when I left. I think I need one of those heat rubs to get rid of the pain.

Tomorrow is my 35-year high school class reunion. I can't wait to see everyone, or those "old people" pretending to be my classmates. I'll report back Monday!

MiMi, wherever you are, I hope all is well.
Angelswife, I'm right beside you, knitting.
sp2001, good epiphany!
Jessi, study heard and make us proud!

Don't forget to get your Vitamin D when the sun comes out. Take care and get the rest/sleep you need. And have the best day - and best weekend 0 you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug responded:
TGIF****Hello FMily....MiMi in NC....thanks angelswife for starting the thread today....I woke up much too early and then went back to sleep....then woke up later than I had expected....then had problems with computer...and finally had to stop and run an errand...so it was one of *those days* for me....It seems like a lot of us are having tough times right now....I think it is the change of the season which started mine...and I am having a problem trying to get rid of it....not good for the mind or the body...

Anyway...here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I do hope today has been a good day for you as well...

I found some good bargains at the consignment sale for children....I try to go by and find what I think the grand babies will get some use out of....sometimes I find good things and something I don't.....seems like this year everyone wanted a new price for something that is 2nd hand...OR....maybe they just needed the money and wanted to get as much as possible for what they had...I know there are a lot of people having tough times these days...I continue to just hope and pray that things get better in this nation...but that is left to remain seen....

I had to laugh....as the government is still trying to find out IF I got worker's compensation checks....I hope they DO NOT START AGAIN...as it took me over a year last time to finally get things right...do not want to go through this again...I had to laugh....as we, FMers, who have worked most of our lives and paid into the system to have disability, if we need it....then have to *fight* to get the benefits that we are entitled to...something is definitely not exactly right with the system and just how it does/does not work...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...hang in there...it does take a trial and error process which does take time...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...

Vitamin D....please speak to your doctor about getting your level checked....as this seems to be important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well....it is a simple blood test but you MUST ASK the doctor to check it...

Have a great Friday....and enjoy the sunshine, if you have it and can...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

slovene54 responded:
Happy Friday! It's been one heck of a week for me. Made a huge error at work and thought for sure I was going to lose my job. Thank goodness they looked at whole picture and my history with them. Whew! The stress of that has caused a major flare up. But I'm just so relieved that I still have my job and insurance! Excited that my 3 yr old is finally using the potty chair!! Woohoo!! Going to a renassaince fair with daughter and parents tomorrow. Hoping my feet and legs hold out! I hope everyone has a great weekend!! *Gentle Hugs*

Anon_2912 replied to slovene54's response:
All these good and bad days is just something called "LIFE".

Welcome to it..

You don't need FM to have them.

cherdax responded:
Hi, I'm new here. Have read a few posts over the last several weeks and, well, here I am posting now.... was just recently diagnosed with FM, but believe I have had it for probably at least 10 years. So can i start at the begining? 28 years ago i was in a car wreck. badly broke foot. a year later arthritis in foot. then over the years acquired severe limp causing arthritis in knees and hips. bad bad pain that over time was not just joint pain. began walking with a cane about 5 years ago, 3 years ago had a total hip replacement. what a mess that was. lots of serious post op complications spent much time in the hospital then in a rehab hospital. never been anywhere near right since. the hip pain is gone, thank goodness for that, but the pain in my legs and back and well, everywhere has just gotten worse. what with all the arthritis pain and everything else, i really suspect i have had FM for many many years.
can't sleep, have c-pap machine, when i do sleep i don't get rested. been diagnosed clinically depressed since i was about 27 (am 58 now). the depression has come and gone. but i have 23 y/o bipolar daughter who was diagnosed when she was 9. she still lives with me and has 2 children. so that has added to my depression extensively.
been on med for FM for about 4 months, it helps some but not a whole lot, although i do have more "better" days than i used to. my stress level is so extreme i know it just adds to the FM pain and fatigue and FOG. (when i say extreme i really mean it, someday i may tell that part of my story too) but have no way to do anything about it. it's bad when you look forward to work just to be able to get away from home. even tho i absolutely adore my grandchildren, my daughter is another thing...
it's friday, i have the weekend to deal with. unlike most people, for me it's not tgif. i can't buy a new prescription for my depression till next friday so have had to cut down what i take to 1/2 dose every other day. so today is a cry at my desk all day type day since i forgot to take it this morning...

I am sorry to go on so long have not had anyone to talk to in a very long time. i hope everyone elses friday is better than mine.

Cher

angelswife replied to cherdax's response:
It's nice to meet you, Cher---please post whenever you need to. We have all been in those bad spaces and know how they feel. You are not alone ((((HUGS))))

slovene54 replied to Anon_2912's response:
Um, ok. A bit unneccesary but if this is how this group supports eachother I will stop posting. Yes these are part of life but because of Fibro it is a lot harder. My mistake was due to having a bad day of fibro fog. So yes fibro did have to do with something called life. Anon_2912 I hope you find a way to be more supportive of other people dealing with the same issues. I have much more supportive places to go. And go I will. Good luck to the ones that actually care!

CrystalsCats responded:
Hello all, posting again. It felt like long week for me. The weather is not helping. It has been up/down all week, one moment sun comes out then hour later hear thunder on the mountain heading are way. Then pouring rain and storms.

I have a new family member. Husband not pleased. We noticed a cat when we moved in seemed to be living in our crawl space under the house. Well asked around neighbors said yeah he was left behind when old family moved out. Well the house was vacant for 3yrs. Said they put out food for him but won't let anyone near him. He looked pitiful to me and very skinny. I didn't think he would last another winter. Started feeding him. Next think you know he is on the porch we me. He now follows me every where. so we named him Shadow.

Job looking has just got me a little more depressed than usual. I know that I am not the only one out there looking too. Something has to give with this economy soon! Helps has been cool during day, but cold at night, so I have lighting a fire in the woodstove. The warmth from that feels so good.I have been sleeping in the recliner all week as I have to do sometimes. Bed too long I get way too stiff. Recliner is less pain at times to sleep in, so with fire now it's more comfy for me.

Hugs!!
Crystal

Anon_40323 replied to slovene54's response:
Please don't leave based on one person's cranky response. Most of us try to be kind, generous, and supportive, but in fairness, this fibro really wears you out sometimes. And on those days we're not at our best.

There are a lot of good comments on this thread, so just ignore the one that was pissy.

slovene54 replied to Anon_40323's response:
Thank you!!! I was lost why someone would respond that way. Fibro is part of our life and effects how our life goes. I was really suprised by the response.

angelswife replied to slovene54's response:
Different people see life in different ways...I've learned that people who are critical or rude to me are telling me how they see their own life. Their words have nothing to do with me or who I am.

Please don't leave...there are a lot of good people here. I would be sad to see you go!

slovene54 replied to angelswife's response:
Thank you angelswife!! That's a great way to look at it!

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.