Skip to content
What helps the most
cathrynme posted:
Can anyone share what they find the best to help with the pain and what they do to cope when in a Hugh flair

booch007 responded:
Have you looked in OUR TOOLBOX?

Located under resources to the right, is the members toolbox where so many have put thier tricks and how they survive this mess we are in.

We are all different that is why it is so valuable to see all the different avenues picked by people. Some, so many meds and others little, some all natural efforts and then others crippled by the inability to even get started.

In this question though i tell you, I give the dragon 2 days of rest and recoup in a flare.....then I push and go out, GO OUT AND GET UP! Get in the sun, use my medication of distraction to help my meds along. I also up my meds to assist what the issue is. Geting to know you and having a plan with your doctor is BIG.

So look in the toolbox and see if a plan is waiting for you there. Good luck, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello cathrynme and welcome....MiMi in NC...important question you asked...we, FMers, could only wish that there is a good answer for it which would benefit us all...in a perfect world, there might be...BUT not in this world...the good thing is we gather together here and share *tools* that have helped each of us...and you will find all sorts of good information here...some of us take prescription medicines..others have found other ways and things to cope...anything you decide to do though takes a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to do...before making a decision as to whether or not it is helping...(unless, of course, it is making you sicker than you were to begin with)...

I am one who has tried different medicines and was not able to find anything to help me without causing side effects..and I did not think I needed anything else to deal with...so I did my own research and I tried different vitamins and supplements and finally found those which has helped me cope better...so I have learned how to *control my FM pain*...but I have not found anything yet to help with the chronic fatigue...and this is actually worse than the pain...

I take the following...Fibro Response or Magnesium Malate (vitamin store) Omegas, Super B Complex, Calcium and a good multi vitamin with extra D... I also take others since I have other health issues as well but these are the ones which help my FM pain the most...I also use a heating pad as needed, drink plenty of water every day, try to watch what I eat, do gentle exercises and stretches each day...take a hot shower using lavender bath salts when I need it which helps my body to relax before going to sleep...

I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so very important for a lot of people these days..low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...it is a simple blood test...BUT you MUST ASK the doctor to run it ....as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do...

Living with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, does cause us FMers to have challenges each and every day...a person does not ever know what might happen....it is an unpredictable mean and ugly illness to deal with...

I hope you can find something soon that will help you cope better...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.