Skip to content
Monday, Monday ***10/1/2012
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is cool and damp again...with showers off and on expected today...we have already had some this early morning....this is NOT my time of the year....I can already *feel* a BIG difference....and there is nothing that I can do about it...I am stuck...

I did sleep ok until around 4 this morning...when I woke up...too early for anyone to be up and about...I think I am back to getting out of my good sleep pattern....as I have had too many of these recently...this too is not good for the mind or the body..

I hope everyone had a good week-end...at least it did not rain yesterday here...so I did get a break...and I did feel a difference...I do hope that each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a better Monday for all...with little to no pain....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...

Be sure and check out the info under *resources* and *tips* that you will find to the right of this page...you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you might not have thought of...we are all different and what helps one may or may not help another...so you will have to figure out what it takes for you..

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important to a lot of people these days..
low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great Monday..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am still hacking and one ear refuses to unclog, but am feeling better this morning. The heavy exhaustion of the past few days is finally starting to lift. I am hoping I've finally turned the corner on this bug---whatever it was, it was a nasty one.

I had a breakthrough this weekend. As most of you know, I've been taking half a Percocet at night, in order to sleep. It wasn't doing anything for the nerve pain, but I didn't wake up as much. I hated taking it---I have never had to use strong meds for anything, and I've been using this since April. I am also wondering now how much of my ongoing tiredness and slow thinking is related to it.

Anyway, Husband and I were shopping Saturday afternoon, and I noticed that Melatonin was on sale as a BOGO. So I got two bottles of 5mg pills. I took one last night for the first time, and OMG---in ten minutes I was sleeping, and I slept for TEN HOURS. I haven't done that since I got hurt back in April. I honestly thought I would never sleep through the night again.

I could probably take 3mgs instead, since I'm still feeling a bit sleepy, but wow---No morning hangover for the first time since mid April, and I can actually think. It will be interesting to see if my energy levels improve now that I'm off the Percocet. I didn't think I was that hung over from it until I woke up this morning and I wasn't. What a difference! I felt like I was tethered to a pill bottle and I didn't like it one bit. Now I'm officially painkiller free! I can't begin to say how glad I am about that.

I did a bit of housework yesterday...Now that Husband is back to work, he sometimes grumbles because I'm not doing it. I can't do much, but I try...I tidied up the bedroom and swept the deck; then last night I did the dishes. It was too much too soon, but I don't regret it. It shut him up for a while, lol.

Don't know what else to say...I'm planning to get outside for a while today. It's sunny and breezy and it may hit 70. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good first day of October MiMi, angelswife and everyone. I hope your weekend was nice and that your today is fibro issue and pain free.

We stayed in yesterday. Not a sunny or warm day. GS was busy playing XBOX games and DH watched the Titans get creamed by the Huston Oilers. Oh, we noticed yesterday that we still had humming birds at the feeders. Not sure if their hold overs or ones just passing thru. Looked this a.m. to see if there were any but so far no one. I know they will have to head south soon. Most likely by the 2ND week of this month. Gosh it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's really October.

It's raining here, bad storms coming in later just east and south of us. Rained all night and today it's really cooled down.

I'm taking GS to meet up with his dad at 9:30 and have to an 11 o'clock appointment with my Rheumy's nurse. It's my bi yearly check in. I have a few questions for her. One will be the use of OTT-LITE. It's a Vit D3 light that I have now here at my desk. Need to know if it's really as good as I hear and if not what light should I get? #2 will be about Reclast. I had an infusion 2 years ago and for 3 days I had GED so bad I dare not eat because I couldn't swallow so I don't want to take the infusion again. Let's see what her take is on that.

Aside from taking my little guy home and the Dr's appointment I will be having lunch with DH. Always nice to be able to do that.

MiMI, sorry you woke up so early. I did that yesterday. My eyes just opened up at 4:15 a.m. and I had to get up. I got a lot a done, but could have gotten things done with a few more hours sleep.

angleswife, I've heard good things about Melatonin supplements. I am so happy that it worked for you! Always nice to know you've finally gotten some rest by sleeping a full night. Yippee.

Okay, will close this here, wishing each of you a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

angelldakota responded:
Good morning all... Yes it is me again... havinng a rough time for the most part still but my Dr's are working hard to fix me... I am in the middle of a cardiac work up now for I am constantly carrying water in my lungs and they can't find a reason why elsewhere... I have 2 more tests today and get the results on Wednesday...

I have missed you all... I was without energy for so long that I could hardly function and the only thing this laptop did was play netflix... lol... thank god for wireless mice lol...

So much has happened and there has been so much negative force around me it is a wonder I am feeling any strength at all.. but I am gaining some strength... the water pills are finally doing its job... Stress is still deep in the picture but I am trying to deal with it... an this bedrest... well I will be glad when I can atleast sit up more... my cardiologist has me very limited until all the testing is done...

I would like to ask you to keep one of my grandson's in your thoughts... He was put on zoloft for pulling his hair out and he had a nervous break down in school... there is alot of pressure now for he is finally out of the hospital and back to routine after 3 weeks... but his school isn't equipped to deal with mentally disturbed children and they are trying to get him into another school that is... they have him in a mentally handicapped class and they didn't do well with him when he became violent and couldn't deal with him... It has been quite a nightmare for him... He is just 7 years old... a sweetheart when nothing triggers him... He loves me so much that when he called me and was so out of it he could barely talk yet he just smiled ear to ear to hear me... I was so glad they let me talk to him... his name is Tristin...

thanks alot and take care... bless you all... love... jan/dakota
When it Rains... It Signifies Life... There is Hope... It Strengthens My Soul... And Brightens My Spirit... Think Of Our TRIALS in Life as RAIN...
Written with love by Kelly and Jan

foreversore responded:
Good morning every one. Very chilly here in central Illinois right now its in the mid 50's and we will be lucky to 70 degrees today. Needless to say I am FREEZING! I cannot seem to get my hands and feet warm no matter what I do. I am wearing gloves, 2 pairs of socks and slippers but still cold. We are expecting rain for the next 2 days and its already cloudy and dreary. My knees and hips are telling me the rain is closer than the weather man thinks! My rheumy told me that Savella would make me warm and maybe even hot....I'm still waiting as that is one side effect I would love to have! I am seriously thinking about going back to bed and snuggling under the warm covers with the dogs. They tend to stick pretty close to mom. I think they know I don't feel well most of the time and they like to keep an eye on me.

I hope you all have a good start to your week, with as little pain and fibro symptoms as possible.

foreversore replied to angelldakota's response:
Jan it's so good to see you! Hope the docs get you taken care of so you can feel a bit better soon! I will be sending good thoughts and prayers to your grandson. I know things must be really difficult for him right now. Take care

foreversore replied to angelswife's response:
Hmmmm....I need to ask my rheumy if I can take melatonin. I have the opposite problem as MiMi. I cannot seem to fall asleep before 3-4 am and only sleep for between 4-6 hours and I take a 2 hour nap in the early afternoon. It would be fantastic to get a good long nights sleep. Thank you for sharing!

angelldakota replied to foreversore's response:
thank you foreversore... your kindness will not go unforseen.. I hope you have a good day and it is painfree as possible...

take care... love... jan/dakota
When it Rains... It Signifies Life... There is Hope... It Strengthens My Soul... And Brightens My Spirit... Think Of Our TRIALS in Life as RAIN...
Written with love by Kelly and Jan

katmandulou responded:
Hi everyone!

Cool and sunny in SE Mass today, they're promising 69 as a high today, but I don't believe them. I'm not transitioning to the cold very well.

My case reunion was a success Sat night. My old shoes (might be 17 years?) didn't quite make it, but we had a blast! I recognized most of my classmates, and had a couple show up as a surprise. We talked about doing something less formal over the winter, I hope that happens and more can come. We got home aroundd1am, and I slept til 10am Sunday. ;-o

Mimi, I'm happy you're back, and I hope you get back into your good sleep pattern.

angelswife, one of my BILs swears by melatonin. He does a lot of international travel, from one time zone to another. He had it for us when we went to Japan, but I was afraid it would react badly with my meds. I'll have to ask the doc about it! I understand about DH taking up when you couldn't do. Mine did the same, and now that I'm feeling up to it, he still won't let me do things. He does the bulk of the cleaning (bathrooms and laundry), plus the cooking (which I'm willing to do), and he works full-time. I goes it all balances out in the end.

Linda, I have an Ott-Light and I didn't realize it was a Vit D light too. It's good for when I'm knitting and need better light, esp when I'm working in a dark color.

Jan, it's good to see you too! I'm sorry things have been bad for you, but glad things are starting to work out. Prayers for your GS and his parents and you, too.

foreversore, I find fleece socks to be soothing and warm, you don't need to wear more than one, and there are some in the stores infused with also vera, which is good for the skin. Unless you're allergic. But they come in modern, bright colors and patterns. And I knit to stay warm. LOL

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I'm running behind again - too much to do and too few hours to do them in! I've got laundry to switch out and then I have to get ready and get out of here so I can run errands before work.

Short update - We traded in our old car for a new one (only because we got a really good deal on it and our car payment only went up a little). Within the first week, a dog jumped on the door and left scratches from the molding to the handle DH knew who the owner was, so the owner is going to cover the bill. Other than that, I'm buried in school work and DH & I were sick all last week. I don't recommend attempting to get the attention of a class full of noisy second graders when you can't talk - doesn't work all that well The latest expansion for my video game came out last Tuesday, so that's what I've been doing when I haven't been doing homework.

~air hugs~ Hope you're all doing well and you have a fantastic first day of October

~Jessi

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, it's not a Vit D light, just the best/ closet to natural sunlight light out there. I will look into the Vit D lamp this week as I want it for all those long dreary sunless days coming my way this Fall and Winter.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to angelldakota's response:
Hi Jan, I have missed seeing your posts. I am sorry to hear you are still fighting medical issues. Knowing the last time you posted you were up against some pretty heavy medical conditions I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers and Of course I will add your grand son to my prayer list.

Jan, I am really sorry that he is dealing with so much at just 7 years old. I hope that his school district will move quickly to place him in a school equipped to handle students with special needs. I am sure he will thrive once in a school/ classroom that is built around his special needs.

I hope you will be able, feel strong enough to post here more often. We do miss you and are concerned about you..
Sending well wishes to you and to your grandson..
Gentle hugs going out to you,
Linda R.

xperky replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi to everyone. I usually read the daily post but it's so late for you all that it's really the next day's post, so I don't write anything...LOL...Anyway, I enjoy the reading and feel the friendship among you. Very nice.

Lou - The Ott lights are really nice for knitting! I have one over my left shoulder at the couch. I think they are 'vitD' lights because they emit small amounts of uv rays, like the sun does. I thought of you with your psoriasis though. Do you get worse psoriasis when you use your Ott light more? Just something to take note of. It seems all the cfl's emit uv rays to some degree. Good for vitD but bad for those with sensitivities to them.
With Compassion,
Margaret

foreversore replied to katmandulou's response:
Thanks Kat I have been eyeballing those at Wal Mart and have been giving the hubby hints for Christmas. I am the only "cold blooded" person in my house

mnjeepguy responded:
It's good to see all the posts here this evening. Jan, thinking of you and your grandson.

I spoke with my mother who has terrible fibro, as well as addiction issues, she is ony about 85 lbs and has an implanted morphine pump. She has had several surgeries to get the pump set right and to get the incision to heal. I worry about her a lot but she does not seem to take the initiative to improve her health. She still smokes like a chimney since she was 16. I wish she would try.

I am battling with my body still and it hasn't given up yet. I am just hoping to be solid enough for the canoe trip by Thurday AM. I don't want to have to call it off at the last minute. It is something I look forward to all year.

I hope you all get the rest we need dearly, take care.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.