Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FM just got a bad rap on Buried Alive
forgetful88 posted:
Did anyone watch the episode: "Tiny Monsters"

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I don't know the show, sorry.

How did FM get a 'bad rap'?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

forgetful88 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
The episode was called "Hoarding-Buried Alive".

The lady said she had FM & could not do any type of movement, except the bed & recliner.

The ex-husband & clinical psychologist both said, she was using FM as an excuse to get out of doing things she did not want to do.

Everytime they attempted to clean the house she said she was having a flair & had to go lay down.

The house was a huge "trash can". Trash had not been taken out in 3 yrs. She said she could not move, however, the ex husband reminded her "she goes on vacation & goes shopping" & the doctor NEVER said, "do not move".

She did eventually get the house clean and only because CPS was about to remove the kids.

katmandulou responded:
Hi forgetful88,

It's important to now that everyone's FM is different. Some people are in pain every day. I have little pain most days. I went to a business expo yesterday, I was standing a lot, and I'm having pain today.

I'm sure that some people use FM as a crutch, doing what they want to do and getting out of doing what they don't want to do. It's ad they this show seems to be painting us all with a broad brush, but that's what people want to see. It makes them feel superior, I guess.
Lou

georgia888 replied to forgetful88's response:
The few times I've watched the show it was quite obvious that the "hoarder's" habits were a result of deep rooted mental issues. That's not to say that the woman that you speak of does not have FM but I would guess that, although FM can be debilitating for some, this woman's problems go far beyond FM.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.