Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****10/6/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is too early for anyone to be up....the dogs woke me up this morning...and it is cool outside....going to get even cooler also....weird weather again....I had hoped for nice fall weather for a while anyway...I think the weather is confused, in more ways than one.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest....with little or no pain...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I am happy to say that my Christmas shopping is finished for the grandsons....Alec has a birthday in January so I will be finding him something for his birthday as well. He is liking kindergarten and doing well in school so far. I am quite surprised that he adjusted to sitting still for rather long periods at a time..but I am glad that he was able to do so.

It seems like when children start to school time really flies by fast. Children grow up much too fast these days.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FMily...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...anything and everything connected to the wrath of the dragon does take time and effort...

I would encourage the new members to check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...there is a lot of good *tools* there which might just help you feel better...what works for one may or may not help you....only you will know when you have found the right combination of things that has helped..a person should allow enough time for whatever they decide to try for it to indeed work...vitamins and supplements take at least 6-8 weeks...
as with any medicines as well.

Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days..
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It seems like more and more people are finding out about just how important Vitamin D is considered to be.

Hope everyone can enjoy their week-end and perhaps take time to get some natural Vitamin D...the warm sun always feels good to me...

Have a good week-end.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Holy Crap you are up early! I too, was awakened but by DH leaving early for the store and that was my demise . I can never saty in bed the muscles get worse and worse or hope to return to sleep....so I have been up quite a while too..

This is my time of year guys, it is when you are rejuvinated to be living and get organised and see the beauty that was hiding under a greeen leaf.......now that the chlorophyl is gone the TRUE color and "personality" of that leaf can be seen.

I love "looking around" taking in the beauty of now. Great stuff.

OK, my leg is annoying and tender as heck and will be for a bit. I am still in thigh high stockings and actually feel better in them so I don't mind. Today I go back.....(a little cosmetic work to be done) I have a spray of vessels on the top of the thigh "looking right at me when I look down" Got to get them GONE....

I probably am crazy for doing it all so close to eachother but I want to be a bit better for November when I go to Florida to see my* family. I am no gem in a bathing suit....but I would like to not have all of me look like (OUR MOTHER)*....I do I look like my Mom now.

So, going to ask about my dancing on the trampoline and when I can do that...maybe one more week he will say? Then get back to a better body.....I held that weight loss for over 2 years and have slid to a terrible place again. (I thought Cece would give me a recharge) But I think the soy in the product we eat is a problem for me, more then ever.....so I am stopping and moving to weight watchers.....to get 20 lbs back off. I am still better then where I was. The dragon is better then what it was. So I will continue.

For those who weren't here, I lost 50lbs and Cece is at 90 on Medifast. I did it for many reasons but I thought it would help this issue we have (not totallly as thin people here are struggling as well). I actually had an "increase" in pain with the workouts and the toxins from fat leaving the body....It just festered a mess for me , all I could say was I fold up better!

Well after a year I guess it did make a difference, things calmed down and range of motion was good and pain levels were better so I thought to cut back my shots and did lower my meds....Well, after this long winded statement. I NEED TO GET DOWN on my weight. For my overall health and B/P and risks. So WW is where I am heading. I am too smart to die from stupid* (a patient told me this!)

MCS (mutiple chemical sensitivities) is where I am basically...gluten and milk and some nuts and soy..preservatives in some foods....eggs....the list gets long. So simple is best for me, and I think I can do it...I actually have done a great weight loss 4 times in my life, it is the holding of it and the changing of habits and feeling it is OK to have *this...and then it starts to get out of control and a slip becomes a ski resort sliding down a great hill......

OK, enough from me. Getting the legs fixed and then hoping to get moving again and work on the rest of me. The dragon is quiet but am on 25mg of savella for this last week to get through post op and walking at work......did well.

Enjoy this day guys....find something special to do.....or DO NOTHING if that is the best thing on the list when you look at it! Ha!

Hugs, Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I'm feeling tired and draggy and I have a headache this morning. The weather changes aren't helping any. We will have more rain this afternoon; then tomorrow it will be rainy and only in the 40s, omg. I am so not ready for this!

I was admonished by the PT yesterday for doing too much too soon and told to take it easy for a couple of days. That is not going to happen today, though. I have to run the bake sale table for our church at our local fall festival, and I will be there from 11 to 7. I'll be sitting most of the time, but still...I really don't feel up to it. My PT guy had a cold this week and I feel like I'm trying to start one. I sure hope not, though---I just got over being sick!

The Fibro fog is going strong this morning. I keep trying to talk with Husband and I can't get a coherent sentence out, lol. I'm trying to get my brain organized enough to make breakfast and get moving, and it's not working very well. I think I will give this up for now because I really do need to get going. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, NancyB and everyone. I hope you all had a good yesterday and an even better today. I hope that you had no fibro issues or pain to deal with and the same today. Knowing that the summer is gone and Fall settling in I am sure that we all will be having some fibro symptoms or flares starting up. If so, I hope they are very mild.

It's over cast and rainy here. The temps will be much cooler and barely 60 as a high and very cold tonight. There will be frost warnings tomorrow night and morning in our area. Fall has arrived. I am guessing that with the frost this weekend the leaves will begin to change color in earnest. Always so pretty here when that happens, but for the few weeks we have with beautiful color there is the weeks and weeks of now leaves and no color that will follow it. So for me really depressing.

As for Christmas shopping, not happening for me. I've let everyone know that DH and I are not exchanging gifts with family and friends this year because if we hunker down and pay just a little bit extra on the mortgage in 2013 DH and I will own our home by next Christmas. Everyone understood so, DH and I are just getting gift cards for the grand children. This does not mean I will not be in the mall shopping this holiday season owever. . Far from it, I will be at the Black Friday after Thanksgiving sales. It's a tradition for me that I started as a small child. As far back as I can remember I went each year with my grandmother, then DH, the girls and then the grandchildren. It's just a " gotta do
this " kind of thing and also I can't pass up the mark downs.

Speaking of doing things I will be spending my morning bringing in the tropical plants and find places in the house and basement for them. We are going to be insulating the basement and setting up a grow light there for the plants this weekend. I really hate to bring in the plants as I know it's the signel for colder temps and I just don't do well when it gets cold and dreary. UGH.

MiMi and Nancy B, sorry you two got up so early this a.m.. It's always a struggle for those of us with fibro to sleep and when we do it's a struggle to stay a sleep. I hope each of you get a chance to take a quick nap some time today to catch up.

Angelswife, I hope your doing well and getting up and out much more now. I hope your feeling better from that cold too.

My Rheumy let me up my Vit D3 dose to 50,000 a week. But I'm going to stay just under that at 42,000. I started taking 6,000 a day a few days ago. I was happy he let me do that because I do much better in the colder months when my D level is higher. Vit D is not the magic bullet I have been hoping for but it's sure is the closet thing out there for those of us with FMS.

Okay, I really need to get up and get moving. Here's wishing each of you a good day.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R.

foreversore responded:
Good morning every one. I am still trying to get my eyes open. I am super stiff this morning. I don't know if its because of the cooler temperatures or if its because I slept so hard for 11 hours. I tried this new tea that I bought before I went to bed last night. It has valerian root, licorice root, rose petals and citrus. I was told my clonazepam and Flexeril would make me sleepy but they didn't do anything to stop my insomsia so I got this tea as valerian root has helped me sleep before. I took my evening meds and when I wasn't sleepy an hour later I had a nice warm cup of tea. Within 10 minutes of finishing my tea I was out like a light. I wish I could say I felt more rested but....we all know how that goes.

Nancy, I am so glad you said that Medifast has soy in it. I was going to ask my doctor if I could try it but alas I am allergic to soy so I should probably avoid it. I am hoping that sensible eating and signing up for the warm water exercise class my doc wants me to take will help get some of the weight off.

Did I mention I was stiff this morning LOL? My DH has a habit of putting the lid down on the toilet to keep the cats out of it (the dogs can't reach). I had to have him come lift it up for me because I couldn't bend down and lift it myself. It's absolutely awful that my 84 year old grandmother gets around better than I do. The weather man says the allergy index is low today but I sure can't tell. I am very stuffy and runny. Time to break out the allergy/sinus meds before the sinus headache turns into a sinus migraine. I am hoping that the stiffness wears off shortly after I get my morning meds in me. I need to bathe and groom my baby dogs today. Since I am letting their fur grow out I only need to trim paws, faces and sanitary areas. They already need brushed every day and longer fur is easier to brush and mats less. That is my chore for today as I will be done once I get them finished. Tomorrow is house cleaning day. I am sure I will get it done as I will have the help of DH and DD 10.

I hope every one has a fun filled weekend with minimal pain. If your body can handle the cooler temps try to enjoy the beautiful colors of fall.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.