Skip to content
FM Concern
jmorr posted:
Hi everyone.
I have been reading the many posts about FM. Some are discouraging, some are frustrating, some are sad, and so on and so on. I think the biggest thing for me at least, is that the body is frail no matter what we are dealing with. Whether it be cancer, heart disease, or any other illness, we all die. It is not a big secret. and it is not something we can control. And i certainly dont mean to sound insensitive to anyone and mean no disrespect. I have FM and other issues and my mother has FM and RA as well. And i watch her struggle everyday with constant pain. She has had both knees replaced and both shoulders. Her flare-ups are so bad that she swells up and some days just cant get out of bed, but still she is a trooper and trys to do what she can on a daily basis. For me personally, im just going to make the best of everyday. I refuse to speak for anyone else, i just know how i feel and how im going to deal with my issues. And i know that it would be great just to live life and die a natural death, but im being realistic. Enjoy life. Be grateful for anything that brings you joy, and above all, seek support from where ever you can find it. Family is the best support system. And for me, being a grandma is giving me the second chance at alot of things...and I am extremly grateful to my granddaughter.....Hang in there all. It is with love and respect to all human life that i will say prayers and put positive energy out there to all in need.........

annette030 responded:
Well said.

Take care, Annette

booch007 responded:
I agree with you so totally, that is why this board works so well.

The families really don't understand often and the frustration is posted here. Some here are faulting in how to DEAL with the pain and maybe the first time they have been challenged with it.

It took me a bit to get the "dance" down with my challenge and be comfortable with my rough mornings. When the old you was so vibrant and now the new you is so changed it takes time. Time is what we offer and tools to have a life.

It is sad when it is a long time and the person is still struggling and can't move forward, that the focus is always on this...but that is what it is. My grands are also a big MED for me, I have had a great change in my push and fight with this.

I so believe that the more upbeat and positive and distracted you can be the better you are, the more you move and dance with this...the better you are.

But i also thank God the board is here for all of us to dump and laugh, cry, shout, say hello and say "I am alive". For some we are all they have and that is OK, we hold em up.......

Life is a challenging path and EVERYONE GETS A CHALLENGE. Thank God mine wasn't cancer it was this.......so I work and live with it.

Thanks for the positive post....they are always good. Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Thank you for the post... You are so right in looking for good in life... Without a positive outlook and a peaceful accepting spirit I find it so hard to fight my multiple illnesses... Sometimes I am human tho and they do get to me... But I am no quitter and keep fighting no matter how down I get... There is always a push deep inside me to keep me going...

I too am one of the lucky ones.. I have a family that is very supportive.... and Grandchildren to keep me smiling... I am blessed to live with 2 of them and one of my sons... And they are very loving and supportive... It is a wonder what a 4 and 5 yr olds hug can do... even if it does hurt...

My family is spread out for my daughter and 5 grandkids and her husband live in NM and my oldest son lives in VA... But they seem to know when to call...

I find that number one I must accept what has happened to me and accept myself and then I can accept the day ahead of me... Sometimes it is a moment by moment thing... But it is achievable and that is what makes me worth living with and makes my life as stable as it can be...

I am faced with a lot more then FM when I wake up in the morning but I am never alone in the walk...

take care... love Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.