Skip to content
Monday, Monday ****10/8/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cold and damp again this morning....good grief...what happened to fall????? This is not what I had hoped for.

Did anyone watch the race yesterday????? DH and I were watching it and DH had just said that there was going to be a real crash before the end of the race and within seconds it happened...I could not even believe what I was seeing...these drivers were really very lucky that someone did not get hurt or killed...they were so very close to each other...

Anyway....I do hope everyone had a good week-end...and I hope you had better weather than we did here in NC..I think it is going to be a long winter here....and winter is not even close...these kinds of days are not good for my mind or my body....

DH and our younger son were able to get out and go to a field to practice shooting their guns....and he picked up some cooking pumpkins as well....fresh pies for Thanksgiving....my younger son has already cooked some for the firemen....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...there are no magic pills or quick fixes....it does take a trial and error process...and since we are all different what works for some may or may not work for you...we, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we find the right combination of *tools* that will work for us....

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your level...as this is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* as you will find some good things to try....Vitamins and supplements work for me...but it took me a long time before I found what I needed to take...I have also learned that taking a probiatic helps my stomach issues...do not exactly understand all of this...but I now know it sure does make a difference for me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this rainy, dreary day...

DH is on vacation this week and I think we might get a pork chop sandwich at Snappy's today....so good.

Have a good one.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

albatross responded:
MiMi,

Hi. Yes, I have a note into my doctor about testing my Vit D. I am having a rough day... I said before that I have found that Korean Panax Ginseng works pretty well to help with the fatigue and some of the pain by working with my pain meds, but I have to take breaks from it because it tends to raise by blood pressure and cause heart palpitations... So, today I am feeling the wrath of the fatigue and painful joints today and yesterday. The cold weather has arrived here in Maine too. Although, I wouldn't trade the scenery, privacy, and great air quality (it's all the trees) for a warmer climate. Besides, if I am too cold I can put on warmer clothes, but if I get too hot (I am very warm blooded anyway) I am miserable... Thank you for the words of encouragement.

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

Leopard ey? Well it is sad that blah colors were the only cuddl's offered for you in the past. I have something like that, that I wear under under my uniforms at work, despite the lab coat I am freezing so often (until a hot flash comes).

It is 34* here this a.m and 63 in the house. Heat on in the TV room only right now. I have on furry socks and OK with this.

I don't want to really put the heat on, but by afternoon I may fold....nap time always needs a blanket to cuddle with.

No apple picking as the weather was lousy, we all met in the afternoon for Polenta so I got to see the grands and Olivia stayed on my good leg the whole time. A small argument with the sister who took the bad leg but landed just right* so I didn't jump to the sky.

I am doing better as each day passes. I SHOULD get down the winter chlothes as it is DANG COLD out there today....and I have not much to wear. (DH just cringed when I said later we need to do this!)....WTH??, I am the one who opens the bags and processes all the chlothes....geez****

Our dragon is still being good, just the hand numbness has returned and neck is getting tight, but I am good still. Shots next week......

Sorry I wasn't home to see TV (at all)...but hope it was fun for you. The weekend I also hope had something good to it for the fmily here. We NEED special moments to distract the bad ones. Hmmm what is that saying...you need rain to appreciate the rainbow that follows. Or without rain there will be no rainbow?

Nothing feels better then the day after a flare breaks! Or a cold is finished and you can breathe.......see what I mean.

Cripes I hate the "groundhog Day" we live....but it gives a new perspective on the day on a whole.....you just hope for a good day and some fun thrown in.

Sharon, sounds like I shoulda traveled to your bake sale.....sounded yummy. We didn't get together til 3 and Saturday I did little after the procedure again. Other then sitting in the deli for diversion and distraction to not feel the pinching and burning (iced the leg) for about 1 hour. BUT you would have been a BIG DISTRACTION. Next time give me a heads up and maybe I could take the trip up 84?

OK fmily, have a good Monday...stay warm the cooler days are headed are way................................Muffs for everyone.

Oh Sharon makes a mean scarf and hat set*...if anyone is interested? (Keep her busy*)...........Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone,

I am back from a frigid trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. For those unfamilair, it is a protected wilderness area where you follow strict rules to protect the envirinment. No motors, no glass containers, limited group sizes, and so on.

I look forward to, and dread the trip every year. Last year was all rain and wind making it almost impossible to paddle a canoe, stay warm, aor dry out once wet.

This year was cold, highs in the upper 30's and lows in the 20's, but the wind was fair when we went in and came out. We cought a few fish and did a lot of hiking and talking around the campfire. I was very sore through the whole ordeal, but I was able to ignore it most of the time and enjoy myself.

We got home yesterday and I crashed. It was hard to walk after I sat down. Today is a day of rest before going back to work tomorrow. I am glad I was smart enough to take it off or working today would have been hell.

It's good to be home again. Take care everyone,

Cory.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I went to mom's this morning to dig potatoes, although I did very little digging. I mostly stood, watched and cheered as mom unearthed all the bounty. She had an amazing harvest this year, both sweet and regular potatoes. I took a big bag home with me, and we'll have some for dinner tonight.

The day has been alternating between sunshine and clouds. When it gets cloudy it gets really chilly out! I've been home for an hour now and I haven't been able to get warm yet. I may go into the bedroom for a while---we have the electric heater going in there and it's the only really warm room in the house. I will probably bring my crocheting with me too...now that I'm feeling better I have some projects to catch up on. I didn't want to work on them while I was sick.

I will be resting my leg this afternoon too...I didn't do that much this morning aside from a lot of walking, but I guess that was enough. My ankle still refuses to support me when it gets tired, and it's doing that now. It hurts too because the weather is changing yet again---we have more rain on the way for tonight and tomorrow night. I used to enjoy the rainy days more before I got hurt, lol.

Husband is still sick---he's achy, tired, cranky and hacking. I think he's got what I had, and I'm trying to keep my distance. I really don't want it a second time! He spent yesterday glued to the TV and I stayed in the bedroom. I am not one to watch TV, especially the shows he likes.

I rearranged the entire bedroom yesterday afternoon. Husband and I had swapped sides of the bed after I got hurt; and I decided it was time to put everything back to normal. Neither one of us had done well with this arrangement---he likes to sleep on his right side and I like to sleep on my left side, so we were constantly banging into each other. Also, now that he's sick, I don't want him breathing in my face at night. Our bed is only a double, so we've been sleeping nose to nose.

So I changed it all back...I swapped the tables and their contents, gave the place a good vacuuming, and put clean sheets on the bed. Now Husband can hang his arm off the right side and I can hang mine off the left. We both slept better last night because we weren't whacking each other's faces; plus I wasn't breathing Husband's germs. The bed actually feels bigger.

Not much else to say...I've finished lunch and now I want to curl up with my crocheting! Hope everyone has a good day.

Weezie6452 responded:
We're having a beautiful day here, bright sunny and 70s. Saturday was drizzling and some spits of snow, but there was our town's annual outdoor craft show so my friends and I went out anyway. I'm paying for it now, but we had so much fun that it was worth it.

I'll spend the afternoon in the kitchen, which is one of my favorite things to do. Some of the garden herbs are dry and ready to put in jars, and I have everything for a soup that my husband likes.

Cory, that photo is beautiful. No wonder you go there ever year!

Hope everyone has a great day! Louise

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Another day in the likes of pain and illness and another day of positive thinking... I am tired today so that is difficult... I think it is just cuz it is hard to think a solid thought lol... May the fog be with me lol...

Pain isn't registering much today except for the sharp stabbing ones... I have the stiffness and acheness but that got better with a couple of bouts of exercise... It is 10:22 and my mind isn't thiking good enough to tell you what kind of pain I am having lol... But with 3 of my illnesses comes loss of memory and concentration and comprehension problems.. lol... I might as well have altymers lol...

I was suppose to have a dr appointment today but can't but it is no loss... Just my primary care... it is always the same old same old with her... and I forgot to do the blood tests for her this month so I would just get a lecture for a new diversion... lol... I will reschedule and get them done... Didn't feel like going out anyway today lol...
Kids are thinking that they are going to their mom's today... I have my doubts... but can't answer for sure for my son isn't here to ask... He had an emergency at work... The store next door has a water leak and is flooding his store... Never an end lol... So he is off trying to clean up a mess and hopefully finding out when they will have the mess fixed... So I am trying everything in my power to stay awake lol... I have the kids lol... They are being good and not bothering me so they aren't keeping me awake lol...

It looked like rain when I got up this morning... now it is blue sky and getting hot... up to86 and it is only 11 am... and it is raising fast lol... I would like some of that cool rain... but even when it rains here it rarely cools off... but it is still refreshing... so send some my way...

snow would be even better... but isn't that a miracle lol... What I would give to see the snow flakes gent;y falling tho... Only in my meditations and my dreams now lol... I haven't seen snow since I left NM... Except for the pictures my daughter sent me lol...

I know the cold would probably drive my FM nuts... but this heat drives my MS nuts lol... I don't think there is a place for me lol... So where would I be happiest.. Where it snows lol... There is no greater beauty in my book... If my siblings wouldn't make my life more stressful and so miserable SD would be grand... My parents are there and I sometimes think it would be great being there with them... but here they only hear the suffering and don't witness it... so here I will stay...

Here is where myyoungest son and 2 youngest grandbabies are anyway... And each day is a blessing with them... Today Ethan my 5 yr old grandson is constantly asking for hugs... He says he misses hugging me... So often it has to be such a gentle hug it just doesn't count as one... lol...

I think I am rambling on about nothing lol... My brain is fogged and not quite mine today... But it is semi-working lol... Or I couldn't have rambled so lol...

sorry for the ramble... take care...

love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....OMG....what a beautiful picture....I am assuming this is where you went....I am so glad that you were able to go and have a good time....sounds very stressful though or at least it would be for me...too chilly to suit me....it is nice to get away for a few days though...and of course it is always good to get back home....

I hope you get rested up and I hope you will have a good week.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.