Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Got the blues!
gdsjoy posted:
If you pray, can you please pray for me today, this week. I am so depressed. I just don't feel like I''m unproductive and why bother to try anything. The pain prevents me from getting it finished. Anyway...Would appreciate prayers.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
My prayers and thoughts are with you Hun... I hope you can see the sunshine within your heart very soon... Take a deep breathe and relax... Bask in the thought that your Lord is right there holding you up and won't let you be swallowed by this pain... It may slow us physically down but it never has to steal the peace in our soul unless we let go of the acceptance of ourselves...

The first thing I pray for everyday is the strength to accept what is ahead of me... accepting myself and my limitations... accepting my moods as being mine and something I can offer up and find relief from... I may not always be uppity up... and yes I am human I get bitten by depression quite often... As it is one of my separate illnesses...

I pray your inner strength to show thru this ugly depression... giving you the peace you find in knowing yourself and your acceptance of you... I pray for the Lords arms to embrace you releasing your burdens now and returning in it's place a free spirit... One that can deal with the pain and agony this world has to offer... And If it be His will... May you be blessed with a lot less pain and agony... Amen

Bless you... t care... Love... Jan/Dakota

xperky responded:
I'm glad you have reached out to us and asked for our support and prayers. Depression is awful hard to deal with, especially if you feel alone with it. I've been there, and know first hand what a fight it is to face each day.

At this time, please try to lessen your load, and don't worry about completing your to-do list. It's important for you to find relaxation and joy each day. That's a good goal at this time. You can reach that, even if it's a simple warm bath. It's OK.

You have my prayers for you to feel the depression lifting very soon. If not, please ask your doctor to help you.

Hugs to you.
With Compassion,
Margaret

gdsjoy replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you so much, as my tears are flowing now. I do appreciate your prayer and will come back and read it again throughout the week.

gdsjoy replied to xperky's response:
Thank you. I will try not to feel guilty about doing something to relax and will try to embrace the small joys that come along. I do need to call my dr. I just can't pick up the phone.

Screennamesrdumb responded:
I'm praying for you gdsjoy. Just do what you can do today and accept yourself exactly as you are. God loves us all - we don't have to do anything special to earn it. Take small steps. Pick up your phone. Go to the doctor. These can be your only goals for now.

1wareaglefan responded:
Bless your heart, Gdsjoy. I do understand depression, as I've battled it for many years. I will add my prayers to the others.

Since your name is "gdsjoy" I'm assuming you're a believer in the Lord. I will tell you one thing I do when faced with depression like you're describing. I pray God's word back to Him, particularly those that apply to my frame of mind. I have a book by Beth Moore called, Praying God's Word, and there are chapters in there on different topics, and the verses that fit each topic.

There's a whole chapter on depression and gives wonderful verses to pray back to the Lord. My depression always lifts after a day or two of doing that. There's such power in God's Word.

I'm praying for you and believing that God will lift this dark cloud from you.

Blessings, Elizabeth

P.S. Jan, that was such a beautiful prayer!!

gdsjoy replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
That sounds like a great book. I have a book called praying the Psalms, I should read through some of it today. Thank you everyone.
Yesterday was a much much better day. Thank you for your prayers. I hope today is okay.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
hope you are doing better now... I am still thinking about you and praying you...

Lord please continue to hold gdsjoy in your war comforting arms... Allowing your peace to fill her... Let your rainbows fill her heart and may she find your unconditional love within this world to help her thru this trying time... Amen

take care... love Jan/Dakota

gdsjoy replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you so much. Your prayers are being answered! In many different ways things are better one day at a time. I am forced to call my psychiatrist now as I need a refill on cymbalta but want to change to something else. lol, so will have to make an appointment, even with my "phobia" for making appointments and phone calls. Thank you so much for your prayers. I can't tell you how much it means.

xperky replied to gdsjoy's response:
It is good to hear back from you. I'm so glad you are contacting your doctor to adjust your medicine, as this is not something to do on your own.

I hope you continue to feel better and that you have success with taking charge of the situation.
With Compassion,
Margaret

gdsjoy replied to xperky's response:
txted my doc today. Have been needing a refill and the pharmacy was waiting to hear back from her. Don't know if she purposely hadn't gotten back to them and was making me call her or what. I texted her, she called and we talked. Am calling her scheduler person to make an appointment for next week, but stopping by this afternoon for a few samples to get me by until then.

Thank you all so much. I love being able to ask you guys for prayer as I know I won't be judged and that you know what I'm going through.

Kids are home all week, Fall Break, so I have little time to be depressed. Plus friends have scheduled something with me 4 days out of this week, which mainly involves me and them sitting and chatting while the kids all play together. So that is helping.

But most of all, all of those prayers. God is helping me see things to be cheerful about.

Mpathia responded:
I tend to post wrong.. sorry if I do it again... Well... prayers for you from me and others have been sent your way... You deserve more than what you are getting, whether it be from the medical community, or friends, or family. Yes, depression is the worst off-shoot of any disease that robs you of a "normal" life (normal as being compared to what you perceive as normal.. as to what you USED to be).

There are no easy or simple solutions. Yeah, I know that sounds awful to you and can make you even more depressed. I speak from experience, as every other person who has responded does. You've received many, many "heartfelt" relplies. They are genuine.. You are cared about, no matter what struggles you are facing. You can't put a "face" to us, but we are here. Pain is our "enemy". Plain and simple. However, solutions are few if you do not build up an "arsenal" against it. That includes the best info you can find on the internet, and the willingness to have an open mind. I don't advocate any "one" approach. You will have days without hope and days with it. Some wonderful people have given you the best advice they can. DO lighten your load. This begins with your "mind". Not easy. Don't beat yourself up for the things you can't do today, because you may be able to do them another day (that's what I mean by the being open-minded comment). Whichever "God" or "Higher Power" may be your source of spiritual peace... please use it to carry through... We are just "vessels" here on earth, and as such, we are "beings" in a human form. Trust yourself and your own "instincts"; don't let negative emotions control you entirely... easily said than done when facing a world of constant pain and turmoil... Blessings have been sent from all...

live4truth responded:
Prayers are with you. May the Sun Shine on your face and bring you warmth. Just relax in your slump days it's o.k. Know that anything you do productive. Getting up, looking out side, writing in your journal, talking to a friend, reading a newspaper (even if it is just the pictures) It's o.k. This slump will not last forever. Make sure you take your vitamins.
I hope you feel the sunshine today.

gdsjoy responded:
Thank you everyone. I have been doing okay this week. The boys were home for Fall Break. I was a bit short with them every now and then and a lot in the evenings, but dh was home and took care of things.

I love FALL and so have done some things this week that has cheered me up with the kids. Trying very hard not to overdo it.

Next week they are back in school. I'm a bit nervous. But with all of your prayers, I'm sure I will make it. Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.