Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ***10/9/2012****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where I am running late this morning and it is still COLD.....feels like winter instead of fall....this happened really fast...it is still really wet and dreary....no sunshine at all...this is not good for the mind or the body...and I hate having to get out in this kind of weather....I was forced to even turn on the heat last night....just to knock the chill out of the house...normally we have a break of no air on...but not this year...it went from no air to heat...no break right now...I do hope this is NOT a sign of what is in store for our area this year....if so, then it is going to be a very long winter.

DH and I went and got a pork chop sandwich...and I found a Scooby Doo blow up for Noah for Christmas...I am sure he will really like this...I had found them on line but wanted to see if I could find one without having to order it...I was glad that I checked around to find it...I also got several games for the boys as well...

Our younger son cooked chili yesterday and we went up to have supper with them. It was really good...chili is good on a cold day...as well as chicken stew and soups...some of my favorite dishes to have when the weather is cold...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that each of you will find some good information here...there are no quick fixes or magic pills for coping with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...that I am aware of...I laugh when I read about a *cure for FM*....there is no cure for the mean and ugly illness...perhaps one day someone will find something to make it go away....but until that happens, we are left with trying to find something to make it easier to cope...it takes a trial and error process to find the right combination of things that might help us....which does take time and effort...a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever is decided on to try....we should allow enough time for whatever we try to feel the full effect of what it might do for us...

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even is important...we can no longer do the things we once were able to do....this is part of the process of learning how to cope better....

Vitamin D.....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done so...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Have a good day....stay warm...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug responded:
Duplicate post....I hate when I do this...I am not on my computer....perhaps this is why...Please DO NOT POST ON THIS ONE....I will report it to be deleted...
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and everyone. I hope that each of you had a good yesterday and that your today is shaping up to be just as nice. I also hope that you have had few fibro issues or pain to deal with. This will be a short post since today is the luncheon over at the church and I need to be up to get ready and then out the door for that. Hard to believe it's been 4 weeks since the PET scan I took. And YES I still feel beyond grateful for the good turn of healthful events God blessed me with having no lung issues to deal with.

The a.m. fog has burned off here and the sun is out but OMG it was so cold this a.m. It is going to warm up nicely to 70 by noon. It will get down right cold again tonight and it will be rainy and cool 68 tomorrow. And tomorrow night it will get down to 36. Burr more like Dec than early October. BUT it will bounce right back into the 70's and 80's next weekend. YEAH!!! More like Sept than Oct and I like that a lot.

With all the cold temps coming at us over the next few days and nights ( and weeks ) and knowing that the tropical, south western fruit tree and flowering plants won't be able to handle these bounces in temps we took all the plants in yesterday and got them into the garage. We choose our garage instead of the basement because DH felt they'd do much better there with a window and sunlight. DH put hooks and chains for them so they could hang instead of sitting all winter on shelves. Also we can keep an eye on them much better than we could if they were out of sight in the basement. We can also keep on top of watering them and make sure the garage area where they are is warm enough. So for all the right reason we moved them in yesterday. We have our fingers crossed we can keep them alive and well until next spring and put them out of doors again.

Okay, it's my time to get up and get moving. Well wishes to each of you. Have a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs to all,
Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.