Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ***10/9/2012****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where I am running late this morning and it is still COLD.....feels like winter instead of fall....this happened really fast...it is still really wet and dreary....no sunshine at all...this is not good for the mind or the body...and I hate having to get out in this kind of weather....I was forced to even turn on the heat last night....just to knock the chill out of the house...normally we have a break of no air on...but not this year...it went from no air to heat...no break right now...I do hope this is NOT a sign of what is in store for our area this year....if so, then it is going to be a very long winter.

DH and I went and got a pork chop sandwich...and I found a Scooby Doo blow up for Noah for Christmas...I am sure he will really like this...I had found them on line but wanted to see if I could find one without having to order it...I was glad that I checked around to find it...I also got several games for the boys as well...

Our younger son cooked chili yesterday and we went up to have supper with them. It was really good...chili is good on a cold day...as well as chicken stew and soups...some of my favorite dishes to have when the weather is cold...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that each of you will find some good information here...there are no quick fixes or magic pills for coping with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...that I am aware of...I laugh when I read about a *cure for FM*....there is no cure for the mean and ugly illness...perhaps one day someone will find something to make it go away....but until that happens, we are left with trying to find something to make it easier to cope...it takes a trial and error process to find the right combination of things that might help us....which does take time and effort...a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever is decided on to try....we should allow enough time for whatever we try to feel the full effect of what it might do for us...

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even is important...we can no longer do the things we once were able to do....this is part of the process of learning how to cope better....

Vitamin D.....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done so...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Have a good day....stay warm...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
Hi Mimi - it's cold in New England too!

Brrr! I hate when it's 75? one day and 57? the next, but that's the price we pay. DH took the bedspread out of storage yesterday, I woke so cold. The leaves are changing, we should be in full color in another week.

I'm finding myself in a strange place right now. Regulars know that I owen a small business, and that business is waay off. Right now it's nonexistent, and I'm looking for work - ANY work for the income. Stores are hiring for the Christmas season (it;s not a "holiday"season!), but the pickin's are pretty slim. Why do the store have you apply on-line and demand your social security number up-front? With identity theft running rampant, I don't want to give it, and when you click send, they nag you for the info. AAARGH!

Chili does sound good, and while I hate the cold I love the hot, filling 'comfort food' that comes with it. I do a chicken, veggie (usually broccoli), and Campbell's "Cream of"026" soup dish that I've been thinking about"026 more cold weather ahead!

Off to find a job. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... In AZ... A nice desirable 73 degrees... beautiful bright sun that wiwarm us back into the 90's again lol... So much for fall lol... But this weekend it is suppose to not get out of the 70's... It will be winter then lol...

I slept off and on so I hope my coffee wakes me... So far I have drifted off 3 times lol...
I am not ready for today... Have to get my son up at 9 and he has to go to work for a bit... which usually means a couple of hours.. Then he is home for the day and goes in at 4 to close... So it is sorta a long day for me for the kids are not in school this week... Fall break... and my granddaughter Hailey is being a very big pain... lol... but what are kids for but to drive you to the anxiety meds lol...

Well... I think I will post the rest of the news... I think it has been a while lol...

I hope you all have a good day... take care

love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Just a quick hello

They say we are going to get rain here in California...I will believe it when I see it...but we could use it...things are dry..and yes, the price of gas is also outrageous...

Cory..loved the pic..what an awesome place...

Hope you all are doing ok..I don't get here as much these days..but it looks like I will soon be cut back to three hours at work..so may have more time soon...

my life continues to be stressful...seems more like the norm these days..but I am hanging in there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Teelady1 responded:
Good afternoon!

A quick post here, too ... not feeling very "talkative" , if you know what I mean.

Sunday and yesterday, I was feeling pretty good! Sleep was so-so .... but I had more energy than I've had in a long time.

Today is another story. I had better sleep last night - but still woke up a lot during the night because the side of my right thigh was aching and I kept rolling over on to it (I like to sleep on my right side).

I'm just dragging today and can't wait to get home from work and crawl into bed.

Wishing everyone a good day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi cece, am so sorry you are under so much stress, again. I'm really sorry that your campus is cutting back hours.
Is there any other campus you can get some hours at? Perhaps you can get in with a teacher as an aide? I'm surprised that your campus or school district is cutting back hours this early into the school year. Yes I think October is early.

Rain in Cali? LOL I used to say that about rain in too. LOL I remember way back when it got so dry that they seeded the clouds off the coast of LA and then we got a Pineapple Express along with the seeded clouds and we had nine days of pouring rain. I can't tell how bad it was. It took a long time to dry out again. There are some things about Cali I don't miss. But over all I really miss Cali a lot.

And yes Hang In There cece. I just know very soon things are going to turn around in your favor.
Big hugs going out to you, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
364 of 391 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.