Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****10/10/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...well...we are now in double digit numbers again....October will be over before we know it...and Thanksgiving is just around the corner...where does the time go? We are still in a cool spell....it is suppose to be warmer today though...I am up again much too early to suit myself this morning...DH is cooking BBQ today...and he got up really early to start...a lot of work goes into doing this and he has done it for many years now...I am so thankful that it is not raining today or tomorrow...some places got some snow already...guess it will indeed be a long winter for some places...

Things will get better hopefully by Thanksgiving...and then we have Christmas to look forward to...boy does the days start moving by fast now...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better.

Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of...perhaps a memory foam mattress topper for your bed...or taking a hot shower while using lavender bath salts...right before going to sleep...this sure helps relax my body so that I can sleep better...and it is a feel good time for when a person has had a long day and perhaps really tired...this can be good for the mind and the body both.

Using a heating pad is also one of my favorite things to do...since I am still having back issues...I have found that this above anything else has helped my pain...

Of course what works for one person may or may not work for another...only you will know when you have found something that will help you cope better...

Vitamin D... be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...and the best thing is that this is a cheap fix...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today is a good day for you as well...enjoy the sunshine, if you have any...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I hope your today is going well and that you are having very slight, or no, fibro issues or fibro pain today.

It's cold this a.m. but it will warm up to near 70 today. It will be cold again tonight, near 35, with some rain here and there.
They say more cold air is coming down on us after this cold passes. Burr. We put the out door tropical and flowering plants in the garage Sunday and DH insulated the panels of our garage door ( metal panels ) to help keep it warm in the garage for the plants this winter. We hug them close to the window and we are hopeful that this year we will be able to keep the plants healthy and alive until next spring.

MiMi, your right it sure feels like fall right about now. But
I am in no hurry to go farther into Fall. Sadly, for me, November is the beginning of bad fibro flares that last until March. I start feeling really bad by Thanksgiving. I found out a few weeks ago that I will have family coming in for a visit with us for Thanksgiving. ( My DD and family will be here from Hawaii for Thanksgiving and then my niece and family will be in a day later.) So I am worried I will be under the weather and be no fun to be around for those family members. I am taking Shaklee supplements in an attempt to be up and running and hopeful that I can be feeling well so I can enjoy the time with our family.

Today is a errand running day. I have some a few gotta do's ( taking the dishes out of the dishwasher over at the church ) and some wanna do's. ( get my nails done and shopping for some arts n crafts things ) So I guess I should get up and start thinking about getting out the door to do them.

Will close this here with Feel Well wishes to all. Have a Great Day.
Gentle hugs going to each of you, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Good Morning ALl:

Cold again in New England, it looks like the rainy weather will be back to stay. I thought they said "sunny and dry in the 70s" for today, but who knows what they were thinking.

I had an early (for me - 9am!) meeting that might pan out with work. A friend and his wife want to open a store in downtown. Gourmet and special order chocolates - I could get into that!

The last of the blood work came back normal. So it's not thyroid, not hormones... I'm losing my hair due to stress. Are there pills for that? Shots? I started the Rogaine over the weekend, so we'll see what the doc saysd when I go back on the 22nd.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evenening, I thought my Monday post was lost. When I submitted it it told me the site was down. I'm glad it took. I type slow, it's no fun retyping. That picture is steps from our tent. We had snow and clouds mostly, but Saturday night it decided to let up and I saw this.

The beauty is what makes me go back for sure. It is amazing. It also reminds me to appreciate things, and kind of recenter myself.

I feel like I am still recovering from the trip, but it may just be teh cold. I woke to frost and it only hit 40 today. I may just give up and move south someday, but for now I just bundle up.

I have to get to bed, but I hope you all sleep well and have a good day tomorrow.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.