Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ONE Symptom
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
If you could get rid of just ONE of the many symptoms you have due to Fibromyalgia, what would it be and how would that make your life better?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgia888 responded:
Great questions, Caprice!

The one symptom I would choose to get rid of is the sensation of my back muscles being pulled leaving me feeling as though I'm losing strength in this area. Aside from the obvious relief of pain, it would truly make my life better by relieving me of an ongoing fear that I will eventually be crippled by this loss of strength in my back.

I'm sure this post will generate a variety of good responses. I look forward to following it.......

georgia

Teelady1 responded:
Good question!

I think the one symptom I could get rid of is the poor sleep! How I wish I could get good sleep each night. On the nights when I do get some good sleep, I feel better - less muscle tension and less fatigued. So I would hope that if I could consistently get good sleep, I would feel better more often!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to georgia888's response:
Ah, an ease in fear would be very nice, Georgia.

Have you talked with your doctor about this sensation and your fears so s/he can reassure you and/or give you some exercises to do to strengthen that area despite the FM?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Teelady1's response:
Hi Teelady,

I think that's mine too. As bad as the pain is, the poor sleep (even though it's significantly better now for me) would be my pick too. Much easier to cope WITH the pain when I'm actually getting a good night's sleep.

Weezie6452 responded:
Oh I wish I had my brains back again. Earlier today I had to drive to the other side of the metro area. Haven't been there for a few years, but I used to live there and wasn't concerned about directions. Boy was I wrong, it was more congested than I remembered. My reactions are slower now and I ended up being blocks past my turns at times. The trip took forever.

I need to keep lists or notes for everything. Can't tell you how often the computer gets turned on, and then I can't remember what I was going to do with it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Weezie6452's response:
I keep lists and notes and calendars too, Weezie, and use all kinds of tricks to keep me on track at work and in my life. So I hear you.

SherryAnne57 responded:
I would get rid of the medication sensitivity that I have. I react to the lowest doses of medications, sometimes in negative ways.

I have tried Savella and Cymbalta to relieve the pain symptoms. For the first couple months of the Savella it worked wonderfully! Then I started having gastro symptoms and after thousands of dollars later and ingesting nuclear medicine it was found to be the Savella causing the problems. By then I was so sick it was 10 weeks off work to recover.

After much suggestion from my pain management doctor and the unrelenting pain, I attempted the Cymbalta. For the first month it alleviated about 75% of my pain and it was great! We upped my dose to 40 mg daily and I started having the same symptoms as with the Savella. Sadly, I had to stop taking the Cymbalta.

Nothing really gets rid of the pain and when I finally take a dose of the percoset the only thing it does is take the edge off and I don't care if it hurts!

angelswife responded:
I would love to lose the fatigue! I can usually function when I'm hurting (at least to a point) but the fatigue lays me out and I don't feel like doing anything! If I could get rid of that, I could get a lot more done.

katmandulou responded:
Chalk me up to lose the bad sleep. I can't get to sleep at night, toss and turn all night, and wake up feeling like I've just gone to bed. My own small business is suffering in the economy, and I need the energy to get a part-time retail job. 8-(

Doris042 responded:
I wished you asked 2 things, LOL But I would have to say the chronic fatigue , with the pain meds I can deal with some pain but the fatigue is to much... I am 43 and I feel like I am in my 90's, sometimes I get really upset because I can not even keep up with daily tasks, or can't go to some events because I know I will get really tired and than wont enjoy it, there has been times I push myself, and I will vomit from being so tired... that was a really good question..

thenikki64 responded:
FATIGUE!!
Pam in Savannah

Frustratedintennessee responded:
I would have to agree with the fatigue. I feel like a invelent(or how ever you spell that). I don't feel like doing anything anymore. Very feew good days.

beeper55 replied to Weezie6452's response:
Wow! is that why I'm so ditzy...LOL! I know I have a lot on my plate right now, but my mind is so jumbled at times. I hate feeling like I'm going crazy!

beeper55 responded:
I guess it would be the fibrofog.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.