Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
itching scalp
njlola68 posted:
I've been having a itching on the crown of my scalp for the past 2 years there is no dry flakes, not red it looks normal, but to me it feels almost like there are small scabs on it, sometimes it does not itch but at some point everyday it itches and drives me crazy. I feel like I have my hands on my head either scratching or just touching the whatever they are that feel like scabs. i have tried otc scalpicin that is supposed to stop irritating scalp stress/itch and have not seen any results. I also feel like my hair is really thinning and lost some of the hair lining around my face now i notice is my hair is getting thiner around the crown, but in the shower there is a lot of hair in the drain daily. At one point I even lost some of my eyebrowns...that really scared me. I know this could happen because of hormonal reasons and age I'm only 44 years old and never emaging I would be going through this changes so soon. It has totally change my life .. I spoke to my doctor about it and also explained that i was noticing sometimes SOB. When the blood work came back my iron count was low she stated that could be the cause; I've been on Iron supplements (prescribed) for the past 2 years and have not seen any inprovement .... I'm thinking of changing PCP and starting all over...Any Ideas?????????

xperky responded:
Ask for referral to Dermatologist?
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.