Skip to content
natural treatments and weaning off prescriptions
sekhmet posted:
Hey all, I have been on lyrica (75mg twice a day) and zoloft (25mg once a day) for 3 years or so now and I would really like to not be any more. Does anyone have any experience with weaning off these drugs? I would also like to try treating the issues at hand naturally, and I was wondering if anyone had any success stories with anything. I can not take magnesium anything as I also have IBS-D so magnesium will not help that situation. I am already on 4000iu of vitamin d a day as well.
thanks in advance!

dollbug responded:
Hello....so are your medications not working? Or do you just want to get off of them? MiMi in NC..I hope you will contact your doctor and allow the doctor to tell you how to wean off what you are taking...You should also discuss with him that you want to see if you can do something different and hopefully he/she will point you in the right directions...I do know though that there are doctors who do not like patients trying to figure out how to cope without prescriptions...but some of us do not do well on any medicines or so if seemed this way for me..

We are all different and I do not think there is a magic pill or anything else that will work for us all the same way...anything you decide to try you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of what you choose...

I did want to say that I take a probiotic and have found this helps me...I am also one of the FMers here who take vitamins and supplements and do other things as well...and one of them is the Fibro Response...which has a long list of what it is made of...I have also taken the magnesium malate which helped...Super B complex, Calcium and just a good multi vitamin...I am now on one from Walmart which I think is a good one...it is for women over 50 by good source...and it is very reasonable in cost.

I have also found out that staying on some sort of schedule is good for me...eating at the same time, taking vitamins and supplements at or around the same time every day...doing gentle exercises or stretches each day...drinking plenty of water...using a heating pad as needed and stopain spray when nothing else is working on trying to find relief...

Keeping your stress level at bay is also important...and having a positive attitude is also a good thing..

I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure you will find some good *tools* that might help you cope better.

Take care and good luck..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.