Skip to content
natural treatments and weaning off prescriptions
sekhmet posted:
Hey all, I have been on lyrica (75mg twice a day) and zoloft (25mg once a day) for 3 years or so now and I would really like to not be any more. Does anyone have any experience with weaning off these drugs? I would also like to try treating the issues at hand naturally, and I was wondering if anyone had any success stories with anything. I can not take magnesium anything as I also have IBS-D so magnesium will not help that situation. I am already on 4000iu of vitamin d a day as well.
thanks in advance!

Anon_2912 responded:
You may ask your doctor about weaning off of them.

I was medication as well for FM for about 3yrs, lyrica, zanaflex, flexiril (sp?).

For me I just got tired of the pills so just stopped one day. I didn't ask my doctor nor tell him, I just stopped.

I did not have any issues stopping them after years on them. I got sick of the side effects, especially mentally.

Now I take Advil, b12 & b-complex. I do take ambien for sleep.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.