Skip to content
TGIF*****ROLL CALL****10/12/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****yes...this month is moving right along...hard to believe that it is almost half gone....MiMi in NC...and it is DRY...and the sun is shining...it was cool this morning but it is nice now....I had an early doctor's appt this morning....and I was pressed for time so I was not able to post early....my younger son and his family had an out of town trip to make this week-end....and I had to go up and take care of the grand dog for them...

Anyway....I am now going to have a MRI on the back...the doctor does think I am having SI joint issues...interesting that this has turned out like this....since it was the physical therapist who thought that this was indeed my problem...he does think that once the MRI is done and he can verify it that an injection might help me...so I guess we will see.

I did sleep pretty good last night...I have found using the heating pad is a good thing for me...I told this doctor that it seems like this is the only thing that has provided relief for me....

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

It does take a trial and error process....there are no quick fixes that I am aware of and what helps one may or may not help another....but you will find some good info and lots of support here...be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page.

For those who are dealing with health issues and stressful things going on....I hope you will soon find some relief as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday...

Have a good one....enjoy the sunshine, if you have it today...
Get that extra natural Vitamin D fix...it makes the body feel good....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi and all to follow!

October 12th!! Yes, time is flying by fast!

The weather is changing and my muscles are telling me how much they don't like the changing weather. Pain last night in my hips, legs, and knee resulted in very poor sleep. This morning my arms are weak and tired.

Fortunately, it should be a quiet weekend and I can take it easy and hopefully get some better sleep.

I am excited to receive my new iPod touch today! I got the brand new one and really looking forward to the upgraded camera, more memory, and the Siri application. I use the calendar and reminder features on the older iPod touch all the time. Very helpful in not forgetting something. So often if I don't have something written down, I will forget. Now I should be able to tell Siri to remind me about things.

Wishing everyone a great weekend with no pain or less pain - and good sleep!

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday Everyone!

It's COLD here - 48? - and going to rain this afternoon. The dog loves this weather, DH likes it, and there's not enough fleece to cover me up! Since I had nothing else to do, I went to the Fri morning yoga class, which was nice, but too cold going out/coming home.

I've gone from "I need work" mania to having three interviews coming up! I applied to a couple of retail stores, and got calls within the day. I forgot that I had also applied for a design job (I'm a designer) last week, and got a call this morning. I know, nice problem to have, quit'cher whining"026

Today is I Love Yarn Day. That's an understatement - I crave it!

Mimi, I hope the MRI solves your problem. I have benefitted from a cortisone injection, and I've had some that did nothing. My wish for you is relief!

Teelady1, I get that pain too. I'm not sure whether it's the weather or my trying to keep moving as it gets cold and I over-do. My iPhone arrives today, and I'm excited too. The problem is that I'm still really in love with my Palm Treo, so I have to resolve how to get 10 years of info converted for the new phone. I started with a PDA and a phone, and bought the Treo 4 years ago to consolidate the PDA and the phone. I hope it works out.

My wish for you all - Have the best day - and best weekend - you can possibly have,Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi All and a good Friday to you all... I am slower then slow today... Lack of sleep last night and lots of pain... but my neck is holding my head up... and my migraine is better... not gone but better... I can atleast think enough to babysit as I am on my own for most of the day today... But I do have back up coming this afternoon... They will watch them so I can rest a little... Today is my sons 13 hour day of work... But if the kids are good they can wait up for him and that gives me lots of leverage lol...

I have nothing going on except getting prepared and getting rides to my dr's next week... I know there are a couple of them lol... So I had best run and get my appointment guide and get my phone calls done...

You all have a good day...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
It's windy and in the low 40s this afternoon. I have to get all the houseplants in because Husband is working. I also have to do some food shopping because we are down to almost nothing. I really dislike eating and still being hungry afterwards!

There are freeze warnings up for tonight. It may get down as low as 19 degrees, omg. I am really not ready for this! Fortunately it will warm up a bit for a couple of days before the next round of cold weather comes in next week. It's feeling like we'll have an early winter.

Not much else to say...I need to get busy! Hope everyone has a good day.

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
Hello Sharon.....OMG...I think this is why I decided NC was far enough for me to go....and it was also my DH's homeplace...

I have some friends who live in NY and I know just how cold it can get there...I could not stand a winter with nothing but snow on the ground most of the time...

I hope you are doing better.....I know that you have had a tough recovery.....I hope the worse is over with....I know when I had something going on, it seemed like when it rained, it poured....with one thing after another...and I thought I was never going to get straightened out or that I was going to feel better again...

Hang in there though....as I am sure things will get better...and hopefully everything will work our for the best...

Take care....I hope you can stay warm...

I ended up having to turn on my heat too early this year...I was looking forward to having some cheaper electricity bills for a couple of months...I do not think that is going to happen though.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife replied to dollbug's response:
We turned our heat on too...Husband swore it would stay off until November, and then he got sick. When he gets sick he gets chilled, so the heat instantly went on, lol. It's been on ever since but I don't mind. Usually I'm in long sleeves 24-7 so this feels much nicer.

Just got back from shopping and my ankle is killing me...I'm trying to rest it a bit before I tackle the plants. I really don't feel like doing it, but someone has to. Husband is working and still sick and he's been really tired and cranky. He won't be home until 5 and he'll be done for the day. He's been sick all week like I was.

I am hoping the worst is over too...I've been told there's no "better" with this, just incremental improvements over a looooong period of time. I can also forget about pain-free until the hardware comes out, lol. The plate and screws irritate the muscles, and they'll be in there for at least two years. It's a good thing I've had lots of practice dealing with pain.

Just remembered I need to have dinner ready too, omg. Husband is doing a little shopping too on the way home, as he can get some stuff cheaper where he drives. Guess I'd better (sigh!) get moving before I decide to take a nap instead!

KMT333 responded:
Hi Mimi and all. It's rather dreary weather in Oklahoma today and tomorrow, but we need the rain.

I have, fibro, CFS, depression and anxiety, and a macular disease. It's sometimes hard to tell which one (or more) is getting me down at any given moment, but I have more bad days than good. Fortunately I seem to have finally found a combination of docs that see me as a whole person and are addressing most of my problems.

DH has been in pretty bad abdominal pain the past week. After an ultrasound, a HIDA scan, and blood tests, it seems his gallbladder and pancreas are working fine, and he's being treated for an ulcer. Between acid reflux and the stress of starting a small business, as well as family issues, the ulcer isn't really surprising. But he battles depression and anxiety as well. Right now we are both wonderi?g what is the point of going on living. No, we arent suicidal. Just feeling very defeted and with little hope. for brighter tomottows. Right now, life is very much something to be endured.

Sorry to be a downer. I'm glad to have a place to relate with others with fibro who might understand the impact it can have on all the aspects of a person's life.

I wish you all a great weekend. I plan to spend mine watching movies and snuggling with my lapdog.

Karen

KMT333 replied to KMT333's response:
Please pardon my spelling errors. My tablet sometimes doesn't cooperate with editing. -K

mnjeepguy responded:
Late check in, had a busy day. Work wasn't bad and the sun was out afterwards, so I decided it would be a good day to tear the front of my Jeep apart. I worked on it for about 2 hours and accomplished what I intended, but I went well over the fulcrom.

I am a wreck, just taking it easy before bed. I wish my elbows ahd healed properly. They have been trouble for 14 months. They give out before my muscles do, and it can be very frustrating. I had to get a box of littler out of the car for my wife and I braced my body with one hand on the roof of the car. I leaned in and picked it up with the other and my left wrist and elbow both gave out with rediculous pain. I jumped and explatives flew randomly. Not one of my finer moments. I iced them with a bag of pees and had some tea. I will be more careful tomorrow.

Sorry for the rant, I wish you all a good nights rest, take care everyone. Stay warm!

Cory

jillylin responded:
Good Morning to you all.

I am here, been lurking rather than posting as I am going through a real bad spell with not accepting this Fibro. I know I need to accept it before I have a hope of moving forward but, as you know, that's hard.

Autumn has started to hit this little island and we have had bad floorings. Not here where I live on the south coast fortunately.

Hope you all are doing as best as you can and that you manage some good days in with the bad.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.