Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
InHim***** Welcome ****
dollbug posted:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC...I saw that you had replied to another post....so I decided to start another new post to you.

I am sure that you will find lots of good information and good support as well....some of us are oldie goldies...(in more ways than one)...and there are lots of new people who flow in and out.....I wonder sometimes what happens to some posters....who post for a while and then we never hear from them again...perhaps they came and found something that worked or not...and decided the support group was not what they were looking for....some of us can not help but wonder how these people are doing and if they found something that worked for them....

I do hope you will check out the information under *tips* and *resources*...as I think you will find a lot of good *tools* that might work for you....please know though that we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you....it is actually process of elimination....you try something and if it doesn't work, after 6-8 weeks, then you move on to something else...it does take time for the body to allow things to work....and this is true for almost anything....or at least it has been for me...

I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D seems to make a different for some of us as far as pain levels go...(it did for me)...it is a simple blood test BUT you must ASK the doctor to check it...as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do...
This is actually a very easy and cheap fix also...

I hope you will post often, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Hello and hugs from me too.....

Glad you found us, and if you have been lurking all these years and just finally posted. Congratulations.

A site like this only works with participation. You will also find that when you help another with an idea or a trick that helped you and you end up helping them...........YOU FEEL GOOD.

It is good medicine and it is free!

OK, open 24/7 we are and with good people here that share the most challenging issue......pain .

Hugs, Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 replied to booch007's response:
Welcome... I hope you return and talk to us real soon... Tell us about yourself and how things are for you... There are so many of us willing to share and be there for you... Remember we are not here to judge you but support and love you thru some of the hardest issues in life... Pain... Accepting that pain... Accepting ourselves... and Accepting others... To me those are the most important needs in dealing with any illness...

I am a multi illness person but FM is right there on the top of my problematic list... It is almost like a complication to my other daily issues... It gets worse as they do...

I am in pain 24/7... the things I do for my pain and the meds I take only lower the pain and symptoms... But for the most part it is tolerable...

I am not always here for sometimes I just physically can't be... but when I can be I am here and I am always here in heart and I am in constant prayer for all those here...

I hope that anything I said doesn't chase you away... take care...

Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.