Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Toddler activities for in pain, low energy mama
crystaljoy30 posted:
I'm having an awful flare up and there's days, I can't do much of anything except care for my kiddos (2 1/2, 1 1/2, and I'm due in Nov). I hate to have them watch so much tv, which is what has been going on lately.[br>[br>Does anyone have an activity ideas for a mama in bad pain and low energy?

booch007 responded:
Well I am a Nana with a 3y/o and 2 y/o at this point.....
TV is a large staple in the picture and educational TV with me pointing out "see the bird...how many cats were there? Using the TV to use their brains....

I color with them..low stress, bring play-do...low stress.

Read a new book..low stress.

We also have a Jumping Jeepers here that is set up for children to go to even at those ages.....maybe Chunky Cheese has a small child area. They are child friendly and socks only...and you have a Mom's chair to be near and can sit.

For me doing crafty things wit them and using their minds is big...I use PINTEREST on iPad to get ideas....maybe if you have a smart phone you can find this free app. So much to play with there for them.

Making a tent between chairs and having them go to town in side there is a good thing.........all kids love a tent. I JUST CAN'T be in the tent!

OK, ideas from a Nana....I also medicate a bit more with the tramadol when I am on child duty......Hugs, anncy B

crystaljoy30 replied to booch007's response:
Thank you Great ideas! I love pinterest, so I will definitely have to search some toddler ideas there

annette030 replied to booch007's response:
I certainly agree with all of your activities, but me and my grandson have been doing the tent thing for years. I sit on the couch, and he goes in the tent. He even has special blankets in his closet for when Tutu comes to visit, to build with.

I also bought him a little computer thingy for Xmas last year, he can add games and educational software to it whenever he wants to.

Also a rug with roads and stuff woven into it. He plays with his hot wheels for ages on this. I can lay on the floor or sit on a chair for this one.

There are so many things to do with kids.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.