Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Monday, Monday ****10/15/2012 *****
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is already 65*....can you believe this? There is rain on the way and lots of it....with showers expected throughout the day...

    Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end...with little to no pain....I had a rough week-end sick yesterday after lunch and was not feeling well at might have been something I ate...we had chicken tenders from a place in town....since I was not up to cooking...still having major back problems...they called me on Friday to schedule the MRI...but when I verified that it was an open one...the woman said no...that I would have to call the doctor back and tell him...well...I just left the doctor's office and I did tell him...

    It is always something....and it seems like people just do not pay attention to things....I ordered several birth certificates...and they are high....I got one in the mail on Saturday with an order for what happened to the other 2? I am now worried about where the other 2 went....and if they get in the wrong hands...

    Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka does take time...there are no quick fixes...I have found that anything related to FM takes time and effort and a lot of hang in here with us...learn all you can...because the more you know about FM, the better you will learn and figure out what to do for it...

    Learning to accept it is the first step...and getting a good doctor who knows how to treat it is a MUST...learning how to pace, pace and pace even more...we, FMers, can no longer push ourselves to the limit any longer...yes...I understand that more than likely you are a person who never said no....but learning how to say no will get easier for you to do, it is a MUST...whether we like it or not..this is our new way of life and be able to cope with what is best...there will be times when you will not be able to do things that you are use to doing...we have to learn to pick and choose what is important for us to do...

    I do hope the new members will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page..
    there you will find some good *tools*that will possibly help you cope might be a heating pad or a memory foam mattress, Stopain spray or a hot shower using lavender bath salts to relax your body right before could be finding the right combination of vitamins and supplements...drinking plenty of water...and doing gentle exercises or stretches each day...we, FMers, must move...whether we like it or not...moving helps to keep our body from getting stiff...which causes me pain...

    Vitamin sure and ask your doctor to check your level...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

    Have a good Monday...hope you have some sunshine to enjoy.


    My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
    dollbug responded:
    I meant to add that I also watched the SKYDIVER on Sunday....if you missed sure and go online to see him....they did not show it when he first jumped....seems like there were a lot of people thinking he might not make it....although he has done this numerous was just a longer distance this time...we were all waiting and then they took the camera from him....and just talked about it instead...

    My daughter was talking about the crash which happened on the Challenger disaster....she was in kindergarten then....and they were all sitting on the floor watching the small tv which had been brought into the classroom....they watched it take off and then all of a sudden the tv was cut one said anything....and she remembered this...

    It was some time before she finally understood just what took is interesting just what children remembers...especially with no explanations...


    My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
    rudyandirmouse responded:
    Good Monday morning MiMi and to all that follow. I hope that your weekend was good and that your were able to enjoy it without dealing with fibro pain or issues.I know so well this is not always possible, but I hope it for you just the same. And I hope your today is as nice and that, again, you have little to few fibro issues or pain.

    Speaking of such things: MiMi, I am so sorry that you are still dealing with back pain. I had hoped the PT sessions would have helped ease some of it by now. I think the MRI will be a good tool for your doctor and after taking it you should have a answer as to why you still hurt. I am guessing this should be by weeks end. Am keeping so many good thoughts for a good test for you and some answers with options for pain relief for you.

    It's going to be nice today, 70 around noon. The whole week will be nice and warn with just some rain, maybe, Thursday. This means all the plants can go back out side again and enjoy the sun and warm days for a while at least.

    And whew, we missed a weather bullet yesterday. it could have been bad but we just had a good weather day instead. The bad weather and winds it seems moved or went up and away from us and gave us just clouds and some wind that was not really bad. I was able to go and get all the things I had planned on done. A big YES there.

    I can already tell the antibiotics are helping clear the ear infection and sinus issues. My head is feeling less like a fish bowl and more like it should. Yeah! I am feeling so much better that I was at the market yesterday, without DH and was able to help a woman in a wheel chair get some things she needed on the bottom shelf and couldn't get out of the chair to get. So I got down on my knees and got that things for her. She was grateful for the help and I was grateful I was able to do tit. Again, yeah.

    And I drove to church service myself yesterday afternoon. DH doesn't get Latin mass and I grew up with it, so for me it's going home, kinda. ( DH likes his Non denominational World Out Reach Church and so do I, but going back to my first church 2 times a month is good for me as well. Next week he, DD, DSIL, grandson and me are helping out with WOC's Fall Hoe Down. I get to help put it up the decorations for it. I am so glad I am feeling well enough now to do it.) So I went ot mass and felt so good that I could be normal things withou pain and balance issues making he feel I shold be in bed instead.

    And I have a lot of things I need to do today. The bank so I can get an idea what more I need to add to the monthly mortgage starting in January so we can have a pay off on the house either next September or December. Our choice.
    And then I need to get an attorney so that I have recourse in cause or if the hospital comes and tries to get me to pay a co pay for that PET scan I took next month. I don't feel I should be made to pay for a test II should NOT have had and in the end that a simple X ray, that I had asked for in stead of taking the test that morning, would have shown I didn't need it. But I was scared into taking it by being told " The mass in your lung is most likely malignant. Of course it wasn't cause it was gone and my doctor could find No Record in his records of the doctor who read it the MRI that stated that. I was lied to plan and simple and I don't feel that I should be made to pay for a test I said I didn't want to take and wanted the X ray first.

    Okay need to get my day going here so will close this with warm wishes and gentle hugs going out to each of you. Linda R.

    I was able to get a CD of the X rays and head scan I had done for the neurologist appointment
    katmandulou responded:
    Happy Monday Everyone!

    It's warm here, supposed to go to the mid 70s. We'll see. It was warm yesterday, high 60s, and when the sun started to set it got COLD! The leaves are turning and falling, and since it rained over the weekend the mold is kicking up. Add the muscle spasms in my neck and back, and I'm a joy to be around. LOL DH isn't complaining much.
    I have interviews today and tomorrow, the one I had Friday went well. Two are part-time retail jobs, tomorrows if for a full-time gig. It might be in my best interest to close my business for a time and make some money. We'll see who prevails!
    I made the time to go through the coat closet. How many coats do two people need? More! I found a few that had been issued by my long-past employer, with logos and event information embroidered on them; a couple that had been favorites way back; and a couple pairs of ski pants. We haven't skied in years! DH and I put a lot in boxes to donate.
    I didn't see the skydive guy, I didn't want to watch if he died. I worked for a bank at the time, and I too remember the day of the Challenger explosion. I had called a co-worker looking for information just after it happened. That department monitored a TV for financial info, and watched it. She answered the phone crying. We missed her deadline, but it didn't matter.
    Mimi, I wish you less pain every day.
    Linda, I hate being bullied into doing things - like enduring tests - I don't want to do. It makes you wonder if the bully is getting something extra.
    I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!Lou
    angelswife responded:
    Hi Mimi!
    I spent a good part of the morning on the cell phone with the power company---they had come out and shut the power off because the landlord hadn't paid the bill again. I wasn't home at the time, and came home to no electricity.

    This isn't the first time this has happened. The problem is, the power company has this place listed as a duplex; but the landlord's meter actually runs four other apartments besides his. So power was shut off to all five. I had to call the power company and explain that no, this place is not a duplex, that the power has been cut to five units, not one, and that Husband uses a machine to keep him breathing at night so we need the power turned back on. They appologized and sent someone, but the guy that came wasn't happy. He's had to do this before and he's tired of it.

    We haven't seen the landlord all month...He hasn't been around much this year, but that's okay. He's been erratic about taking his meds and has not been too stable. I'll be glad when he goes back to Florida for the winter---then we won't have to deal with him at all. We end up being on eggshells every time he shows up. It is not a fun way to live.

    Anyway, enough grumbling...The power's back on now, and I'm planning to settle in with some crocheting. It's supposed to rain all afternoon.
    dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
    Hello Sharon....sorry that you are dealing with yet something is odd that this kind of thing happens....perhaps someone needs to *notate the situation*...OR make the landlord do something else....I am sure that there are *rules and regulations* on things like this....perhaps no one actually enforces them...but that is not your problem seems like there are all kinds of *issues* which take place and cause lots of problems to people who are not actually *responsible* for any of what is going on....sad...but this is how things work...

    I know that I have learned so much about lots of things....things that most people do not even think of...
    I just recently found out that even law enforcement people get by with not following their *procedures*....and I have to wonder just how much of this *allows things to happen when they could have been prevented*....which might not be a good thing..

    OK...I really do not want to get started on my it is not good for the mind or the body....

    Take care and I hope things get better for you soon..and I hope you will feel better soon.


    My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..
    foreversore responded:
    Hi every one. Today the weather here is sunny and calm and is supposed to get into the upper 60's. The weekend here was awful! It was so cold, rainy and extremely windy. Between the cold and the rain I was very stiff and sore all weekend. On Saturday I tried to walk to the bathroom like the 36 year old that I am instead of the 90 yr old lady my body thinks I am, lost my balance and fell. Thankfully, I didn't break anything but the results of jarring all of my bulging discs was a killer migraine and even more stiffness that lasted all day yesterday. Today already seems like a better day so maybe I will be able to do laundry and give my dogs the bath and quick trim that they are way over due for. I would have to fall in love with a high maintenance breed, but I love my shih tzu and wouldn't trade them for any other dogs in the world.

    On another note the doctor I was supposed to see for SS called me on a SUNDAY and cancelled my Wednesday appointment saying he had to be out of town. I am not allowed to call his office to reschedule I have to wait for the SS adjudicator to do it for me since it is being paid for by them. It seems like anything and everything that can delay a determination will or has happened. I see the other doctor they set me up with next week. Thankfully, I have copies of my X-rays and MRI's to show him my level of arthritis and scoliosis on top of the FM.

    MiMi I know all to well how awful that back pain has to be. I hope the MRI gives you some answers and I hope that yours is fixable unlike mine. I have failed PT and have been told that at this time surgery is not an option for me. I have a disc in my neck impinging on my spinal cord, IDK how bad it has to get before they will intervene surgically.

    I hope that all of you have a better day today than you did yesterday and that the week ahead is kind to you. Although I don't post every day I do read and couldn't get through my day without stopping in here at least once.
    jillylin responded:
    Hello all,
    late evening here in the UK. Cold and wet so not very inviting.

    Struggled through today with work and I think I finally have reached the point where I have to accept pushing my body isn't going to make Fibro go away.

    I a lighter note, I am beginning to find fibrofog has it's funny side. The children I teach ballet to have nicknamed it "Miss Jilly's foggy days" but one little girl asked me if I was having a snow day

    Keep stretching, keep going but more importantly be kind to yourselves.
    Jilly in the UK
    maggiethedoglover replied to jillylin's response:
    Hi Jilly,

    Not so different in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where it is now almost 3:00pm.

    Shampooed about half of the carpet in my home over the weekend, with every intention of continuing today, but my body is just refusing to help out. I remember a time when I could do the whole house in one day and that's with moving big furniture (except beds) out of the way and back.

    You sound like you have a lovely job and a lovely frame of mind. Keep smiling and helping us to do the same.

    Soft hugs,


    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire
    mnjeepguy responded:
    Its good to see so many posts today. I had a rather uneventful Moday. I woke sore as all heck and wanted to go home by 8 AM. I still don't feel the best, day by day....

    My wife had a rough day. On the way home she had to dodge a wooden chair that someone had not tied down in their truck. She was able to swerve out of the way. After getting to town she picked up a movie from a friend. They have a Yellow lab that makes the doors shake when you approach, and a Jack Russel that bites. They do nothing to train either dog and just yell at them. Yelling at a barking dog is you barking along with them condoning their behavior. Some people are so pet dumb. Now the wife has a nice little bte through her jeens. The dog had bit me before too and I told them next time I will step on it. Me, the animal lover. I should just bite the owner;) It's frustrating when they are like family but I don't even want to go over to their house.

    Time to relax, it's my hardest day of the week tomorrow. They moved it up a day this week. I hope it goes well. I hope you all sleep well and have a good day tomorrow. I hope the dragon is gentle.


    Helpful Tips

    Vitamin D level checked ***
    I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    233 of 263 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.