Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****10/16/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is 46* but is supposed to be nice today....yep...I think it will be good to see the sun shine...actually it will be nice just to have no rain...the damp and cool weather does not help my mind or my body....I need the warm sunshine and dry weather instead.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I know that I get relief by using my heating pad....for whatever reason the warm heat helps to relax my back...I told the doctor that if I could kept the heating pad on my back that I would be just fine...I am feeling some better today, at least with the stomach issues..

Today is my day to keep Noah...he brings sunshine and happiness to me and my day....he is all energy and a happy little boy....loves to sit right next to me and watch Scooby Doo...I know he will be happy when he gets to see the large Scooby Doo that he will have for Christmas...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources*...all sorts of good tools to try.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's early yet---I'm having coffee and breakfast now because my PT appointments have moved to 9am instead of 11. I suppose it's good to get up and moving quicker but this body doesn't feel like cooperating this morning. I am still half asleep.

I will say, though, that since starting the Melatonin I've slept so much better. The pain still wakes me up, but I can roll over and go back to sleep again, instead of lying there with a Percocet "brain buzz". I didn't realize how the Percs made my head race until I stopped taking them. Now I can usually go right back to sleep.

I'm not sure what's on for today besides PT...I've been saying for two days now that I'm going to crochet and I haven't done it. Maybe today will be the day. The craft fairs are looming so I do need to get busy. I've also found an intricate shawl pattern and a complex throw pattern that I want to try. The throw pattern has multiple stitch patterns, and the shawl is just plain stunning. I am eager to get busy on both.

It's after 7:30 already (sigh). Time to get my dead fanny in gear and get ready for PT. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi, Angelswife and all those who follow. I hope your yesterday was good and that today is as nice and that you have no fibro pain or issues to deal with.

First off I want to say a BIG THANK YOU SHARON / angelswife for the BEAUTIFUL scarfs you made for me, all the while you were dealing with your painful leg accident/ surgery recovery. You do such lovely work and I am so honored to have these scarfs and cap. It means so much to me that you took the time to make them for me. They are so nice, and your right they scarfs glimmer in the sunlight. Two thumbs up on that! I hope, wish, that the ladies here will seek you out to have you make a scarf or cap for them as well.

It's going to be lovely here today. Fog was making this a.m. creepy, but it burned off already and soon it will be a sunny and warm 75. Although it will rain abit tomorrow it will be 80 degrees, big yeah! there. Feeling more like Sept than October and I am loving that!

MiMi, so glad you have Noah today. I know how much joy he brings to you and your day.

I have a Dr appointment and a few errands today. I have my ear infection recheck with my PCP. which with the antibiotics is clearing nicely . Finally have my balance back which is a blessing. I am feeling the fibro flare issues lifting as well. So over all I'm feeling pretty healthy on this nice warm sunny
day.

After my doctor's appointment I am heading over to the art's n craft store to look for the same kind of yarn I sent to Sharon to use making my scarf last spring. I am hoping they still have it there. It was hidden way on top of the shelves, I nearly missed it. It was lmost like they didn't anyone to buy it. Anyeay I want to buy some of it, if they have it, for Sharon so she can have a scarf like the ones she made for me.

I have to make few stops in our downtown square to get an appointment with a lawyer. I am hopeful that they will not be scared off by the hospital but so far I am not feeling I'm going to find a lawyer who will back in my argument that I didn't want the test and had taken my option not to take it, then was lied to and scared into taking it. I don't feel telling a person they have a probable cancer by a lab administrator is they way one should be shaken into taking a test here large amounts of radiation is given.

After that I will be picking up job applications from stores around here for seasonal jobs. Not sure what I will end up with, if anything, but being able to try try to get a few hours of work outside the house for a few weeks will be nice. I'm gonna try anyway and see what happens. Stores here are starting the hiring process for the holiday season next week so I'm going to need some job applications or start going online to apply.

Well l like Sharon I have an early appointment this a.m. so I should get up and moving. Sending feel well wishes and gentle hugs to all.
Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all.. Just wanted to say hi... I am going to try to write a message as my gloomy mood needs voiced lol... I am in a rut... trying so hard to get out of it but just keep digging in deeper it feels...

take care... Love Jan/Dakota

foreversore responded:
Good Morning everyone. Hope your day is going well and is as pain free as you can be. The weather here is a little cool this morning in the upper 50's/low 60's but we are supposed to get close to 80 for the high today. The sun is shining and the trees are turning all of the glorious colors that autumn has to offer.

Yesterday, I way over did it on laundry and house work and I paid the price for it last night with extra pain, stiffness and a migraine. I didn't get to sleep until almost 5 a.m. After my nap I am feeling a lot better today back to just my normal fibro stuff. I guess pacing is the hardest part for me to get used to. I worked 2 jobs most of my adult life and was always on the go a social butterfly. Yes, I was always tired and sore but I though it was all in my head and I was being whiny (thanks to the influence and insistence of my family). Now that I know I have to pace myself, I feel guilty if I don't do enough, but if I do too much....well you know how that goes. One of my daughters is 18 and on her own in the world already and my other daughter is 10. She is old enough to be a big help to me when I just can't. My DH is also very wonderful and understanding. He is my rock and makes living with this so much more bearable. So, I guess what all of that rambling means is that I am going to make a conscious effort to listen to my body and to learn the happy medium of pacing myself so that I can have better days like today more often.

Have a wonderful day and if you live in the areas where the trees turn this time of year take a little time to go for a drive or walk to look at all of nature's beautiful colors.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone,
Long tiring day, but the worst is over, time to relax. It was cold and wet this morning but the sun came out and it was 60. That's the warmest we have been in a few weeks.

I hope you all get the rest you need. Jan, we are all hear for you.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.