Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Neck and Throat Pain
An_248463 posted:
Hi all,

This is my first post. I have been watching for a little while. Anyway, I had this fibro pain for years, and last year when I went to a new pain clinic they found out directly what I have. Hallelujah, they found a name! I alo have chronic osteoarthritis.

I also have had (2) hip replacements, one in 2007 and other in 2008. I'm now 42 years this month. I also have sickle cell SC, which is the mild form of the disease. It on ly effect my bones.

Lately for the last couple years or so, I have facial pain, and sometimes my neck is very painful and my throat is achy. Other times my chest hurt only when I lie down.

Do you think this is normal?

I know I put too much out there, but I'm tired of feeling ashamed.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Welcome Home Hun... You are in a great place to be... I hope you find it to be as wonderful as I find it to be...

Hun... there is nothing to be ashamed about.. You are ill... You didn't do anything to ask for this... You have gone thru some rough times...

It is sometimes hard to explain to others what I feel... I have multiple illnesses and disabilities... Sometimes i feel like I shoudn't explain what I am going thru... I don't want others to think I am just worse off then them and I need their pity...

Some of my problems is my facial pain, neck pain, throat pain and chest pain... Sometimes it feels as if I am having a heart attack... Or I can't breathe... And I get a lot of migraines during those times...

I sleep almost sitting up with 9 pillows surrounding me... When I fall off them I hurt so bad I cry.. And these days it happens more often then not that my pain brings me to tears...

Sometimes this is so hard to deal with and I am very grateful I have here to come to... The people here are very supportive... Even if I am not plagued badly with my FM and need to gripe about my other illnesses and syndromes...

People can tell when I am having a bad day... I get red in the face, neck, shoulders, and even my back...

Don't feel ashamed... the one thing that keeps me going even on my worst of times is I try my hardest to accept me and the way things are... It is one of those moment by moment things now... It has been for a long time... And it hasn't been the easiest thing to do for about a week now... But I still say I can keep going if I can find something inside me loveable... lol... Today that thing is I am trying to reach out for help and I am trying to reach out to help others...

I hope you will find the help you need today... hang in there and remember accept yourself and what is happening and it will be easier to deal with...

One thing that might help when you rest is try to do what I do... I try to use meditation and imagery and self hypnosis to keep me as relaxed as possible.. It helps when I can achieve it lol...

Take care my new friend... and return soon...

Love... Jan/Dakota

zippdee7 replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thanks for everything. I wasn't sure my post took. That's why you may see it again. I understand pain. Have been dealing with it nearly 15 years now. Ever since after my daughter was born.

Yes at first Doctors tried to give me Cymbalta because the thought is was all in my head. Some days everythign hurts. It hurts to be touched. My clothes hurt, the water from the shower hurt. My face hurt, but I need to move on. God is not punishing me. He's using me for something. I don't quite know yet.

It is by HIS power that I am. God gets me through my days. He knows that it's hard. That's why he send me laughter and good friend were at work.

You can always vent to me. Sometimes I hurt to type, but I will go through it be cause it is worth it.

foreversore responded:
Do you have a lot of allergies? So many of us are sensitive to chemicals and other things in the world around us. I get facial pain due to sinus pressure and I don't want anyone or anything touching my face when its like that. Post nasal drip causes my sore throat, and some neck pain as it drains toward the ears too. Of course this is what causes my pain. Is there anything you notice that causes it to happen more frequently or is it all of the time? Can you ease the chest pain by changing positions? And last but not least have you mentioned these things to your doctor?

I know I have asked you a lot of questions when you were hoping for answers...I hope you reply back sometimes more information is a good thing. In the mean time the best answer I have for you is that we all feel pain in different areas at different times. These may be your problem areas. I am hoping that some of the others will also chime in here. I am still pretty new at this and someone else may have better answers for you. I hope you are able to find some relief soon.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.