Skip to content
Distraction Action
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Distraction can be one of the best ways to cope with chronic pain.

What are some of your favorite distractions?

Do you like movies? What are some of your favorites?

Are you a reader? What kinds of books or magazines do you like?

Are you a gamer? What are some of your faves?

Are you into crafting?

What else?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

foreversore responded:
Caprice, I like to do a little of every thing you mentioned. As far as books and movies are concerned I am a horror/suspense type of girl with a little action and comedy thrown in for variety. I play FarmVille on FB and I also like puzzle games like Tetris, Bejeweled, Zuma and Jewel Quest. Off the computer I like to do crosswords, Jumbles and all kinds of puzzles. I keep several puzzle books in the magazine rack next to my recliner. As for crafting, I never did learn to crochet or knit, but I do cross stitch and embroider. I make hand tied baby quilts/lap blankets. And just recently I have started to make bows and bandanas for my dogs. You can see those in my profile picture.

Since I have a problem with spasms in my trapezius muscles and a lot of neck and rt shoulder pain (I am rt handed) I can only do these things for short periods of time but I still try to enjoy these things as often as I can. They do distract from the pain for a good half hour or better before my shoulder suddenly says its had enough. I will take all of the distraction I can as often as I can.

1wareaglefan responded:
I love reading on the computer and talking to friends I've met in various support groups.

I love old black and white movies! Especially the mystery type. I also bought some Perry Mason DVD's and I've loved watching those. Then for the opposite tv experience, I love light comedies such as "Frasier," "Seinfeld," and "King of Queens."

I enjoy reading, too, like mysteries again, or stories set at the beach and in England. I enjoy classic books, too, like "Rebecca," "Jane Eyre," and "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

As far as games go, I enjoy cube crash, bubble spinner, and bookworm on the computer.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to foreversore's response:
You're doing more crafts than I am! But I'm a puzzle girl too, hard copy, computer, phone, etc. Helps with the fibrofog too.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Interaction with others online really helped me too, 1wareaglefan.

A good friend of mine is really into the old Perry Mason shows too. There are so many!

I like the classics too.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.