Skip to content
My worst symptom
SherryLyn111 posted:
I'm new to this group,but I've had FM for 15 years. My worst symptom is Vulvodynia. My Fibrofog is bad! I find that more upsetting and embarassing, then how uncomfortable the Vulvodynia can be.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SherryLyn,

I think your post got missed by others so I'm responding to bump it back up to the top.

Welcome here. You've found a great place of support.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Frustratedintennessee replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I don't know anything about Vulvodynia. I did go and read about it. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I can relate to the Fibro Fog. As you said about it being upsetting and embarassing. I feel as though I am going crazy when Fibro Fog hits me. I can't think of simple words, I can finish a sentence. I feel dumb/Stupid and illerate. I have worked since I was 14 years old. Except for 3 years in between when my children were babies. I am now 51 and I have been out of work for 2 years. I feel helpless most of the time, like I should be doing more than I am to help our financially. We are in a terrible financial bind and I feel it is my fault. I have always worked with numbers(Accounts Payable and Receivable, Payroll and accounting and never did I forget anyones phone number. On the days I have Fibro Fog I can't remember anyones phone number, I can barely remember my own Birthday I have to think about that. I hate this. I am praying for a break financially in the near future. I have been denied Disability 3 times and finally my Lawyer got me a hearing on November 7 with Social Security so I hope it goes through this time. Thanks for letting me share and vent....

katmandulou responded:
Hi SherryLyn111, and welcome.

Many members of this group have been through what you're experiencing. I haven't, with me it's loss of desire; my gyn says she wished she could give me "a little pink pill". Some days I wish everything was that simple!

I went with my sister to a doc visit (she is a cancer survivor) and they talked about "chemo brain". Her doc said I probably couldn't relate, so I said I can, I have FM and it's just like FFog! We had a good laugh. (My sisters Leukemia is cured, BTW!)

I like to make sure new members know where they can find help. There are some good resources in the right-hand column. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body and mind.
Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.
Have the best day you can possibly have,Lou

katmandulou replied to Frustratedintennessee's response:
Frustratedintennessee - I know exactly what you're talking about. I "own" a small (micro) business, and income is lacking. I just got a part-time job for the Christmas season, and I hope to start feeling better about everything soon. Lou

dawncostella responded:
I think I have that too. I didn't know what it was, I just thought I had lost my mind But after I read up on it...I believe I am with you on that one. It sucks.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful