Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My worst symptom
SherryLyn111 posted:
I'm new to this group,but I've had FM for 15 years. My worst symptom is Vulvodynia. My Fibrofog is bad! I find that more upsetting and embarassing, then how uncomfortable the Vulvodynia can be.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SherryLyn,

I think your post got missed by others so I'm responding to bump it back up to the top.

Welcome here. You've found a great place of support.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Frustratedintennessee replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I don't know anything about Vulvodynia. I did go and read about it. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I can relate to the Fibro Fog. As you said about it being upsetting and embarassing. I feel as though I am going crazy when Fibro Fog hits me. I can't think of simple words, I can finish a sentence. I feel dumb/Stupid and illerate. I have worked since I was 14 years old. Except for 3 years in between when my children were babies. I am now 51 and I have been out of work for 2 years. I feel helpless most of the time, like I should be doing more than I am to help our financially. We are in a terrible financial bind and I feel it is my fault. I have always worked with numbers(Accounts Payable and Receivable, Payroll and accounting and never did I forget anyones phone number. On the days I have Fibro Fog I can't remember anyones phone number, I can barely remember my own Birthday I have to think about that. I hate this. I am praying for a break financially in the near future. I have been denied Disability 3 times and finally my Lawyer got me a hearing on November 7 with Social Security so I hope it goes through this time. Thanks for letting me share and vent....

katmandulou responded:
Hi SherryLyn111, and welcome.

Many members of this group have been through what you're experiencing. I haven't, with me it's loss of desire; my gyn says she wished she could give me "a little pink pill". Some days I wish everything was that simple!

I went with my sister to a doc visit (she is a cancer survivor) and they talked about "chemo brain". Her doc said I probably couldn't relate, so I said I can, I have FM and it's just like FFog! We had a good laugh. (My sisters Leukemia is cured, BTW!)

I like to make sure new members know where they can find help. There are some good resources in the right-hand column. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body and mind.
Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.
Have the best day you can possibly have,Lou

katmandulou replied to Frustratedintennessee's response:
Frustratedintennessee - I know exactly what you're talking about. I "own" a small (micro) business, and income is lacking. I just got a part-time job for the Christmas season, and I hope to start feeling better about everything soon. Lou

dawncostella responded:
I think I have that too. I didn't know what it was, I just thought I had lost my mind But after I read up on it...I believe I am with you on that one. It sucks.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.