Skip to content
I think it may be working
clkwc1964 posted:
Hey FMily,

I have been doing myofascial release with a chiropractor for a couple of months now and I think it just may be doing some good. Now if only I could figure out what to do about this neck pain????!!!!! I know the cause just really can't do a whole lot about that part. I have managed to reduce it though by getting up and doing other tasks instead of just constantly sitting in front of my computer. Hope all is well with everyone else. Cat:0)

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey there, Cat, that's great to hear!

It's something I've been considering too.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

dollbug responded:
Hello Cat....I am glad that you have found something that seems to be helping you...about the neck pain....have you tried the heating pad on it? I know that when I was having shoulder issues....I would put the heating pad on it at night and it helped me...I never really had the neck issues but ended up having to have cervical surgery due to my shoulder and arm pain....I had several discs messed up..

Have you also adjusted your computer screen at work to the correct height? I know I have read that people have problems due to the incorrect positions of the computer and screen...

I think that doing computer work for over 14 years took a toll on me also...I do not think it is a good thing for people to be on the computer so much...

I hope you will feel better soon...I was glad to see your post....I guess I missed it when you first posted...

Take care...and good luck..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

clkwc1964 replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi,

I do use a heating pad at times. It does seem to help. I find that if I get up and away from my computer periodically it also helps. I did try adjusting the monitor but have not been very successful with this. Hope all is well with you:0) Cat

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
this is the fourth time I have tried writing this... either I have been saying things that you don't need to hear or cyberspace and my laptop have it in for me lol...

Congratulations on finding something to help... I hope it remains so for a long time...

Don't forget that when you take those breaks from the computer it is a great time to stretch a bit... I have been told from physical therapists that if it hurts bad don't do it... but due to also having MS and Parkinson's Disease on my plate... I have to kick stiffness when it is just starting to happen... If I don't I can't hold my head up... And I have to hurt in order to stretch well enough to make a difference... As long as you don't hurt bad enough to cause more damage... I personally am safe...

I use cold and heat... whatever works at the time... sometimes just cold or hot... sometimes 15 min cold/15 min nothing/15 min heat/15 min nothing/etc... Sometimes I know what to use... like for the burning pain that sends electrical shocks up my head and down my shoulders and arms... I use cold... for stabbing muscle spasms and cramping like pain... I use heat... for inflammation and all the above I use both... but no matter what I usually try all and end up with what works...

I think the secret is not to let the pain get out of control... rest and use heat/cold as soon as you can... If it is constant like mine is... don't let it get critical...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.