Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****10/17/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is cool (49*) but at least it is dry...for now anyway....we had a nice day yesterday....Noah and I had a good time....he is such a happy little guy....full of life and energy....and he is really smart....he will sit really close to me when we watch Scooby Doo....OMG....this boy loves Scooby Doo....and I think this is funny....because I was never a cartoon person....but I like Scooby Doo too....which I guess is a good thing....

So much is going on everywhere....perhaps it is that the internet keeps us updated now which makes it seem like so much....I have no idea....but I know we live in a wicked and evil time....I have to wonder why there is so much going on....personally, I am now looking forward to a new year....hoping and praying that overall, things will be better....perhaps in a *perfect world*....which I think we all know that this will never be....

OK....enough said about my soapbox....I do hope that today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain....I think this is what we all look forward to....ways to cope better and have less pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....it is a challenge though which does take time and effort....there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...and actually I am not sure there is anything that works all the time for everyone....we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for others....I know that with taking vitamins and supplements....there are times when I have to *tweak* them also....slightly doing something different or changing something, perhaps just tricking my brain....so that they will work like I want them to....I think everything is a process...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....the concept of Vitamin D is finally taking off....I am reading more about people who are getting their level checked and trying to make the adjustments to get their level within the *normal range*....and then one has to wonder....where is your normal range....is it ok in on the *normal low side* or would you feel better at a higher normal? As with anything else...you and only you must decide....

Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for me....I know this for sure....

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on....until we have found what works for us....IF something helps you feel better, with less pain....this is what counts....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug responded:
Oops.....BIG BOO BOO for MiMi today....I just realize that I am trying to rush the week.....it is Wednesday, not Thursday.....sorry do not know how I did this....perhaps I just got ahead of myself...

I did sleep ok last night....and I feel ok this morning....a bit cool....

Oh well....this is not the first mistake I have made nor will it be the last....I am sure of this.

Have a good Hump Day...

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi and all to follow!

Mimi ... wishful thinking that it's Thursday!? I wish it was Thursday - another day closer to the weekend! I'm glad you had some good sleep last night.

I had some good sleep last night, too. Not as much pain during the night as with some nights this past week.

Goofy weather here. Cool and rainy last weekend. The past few days have been sunny and around 70. I have felt so much better the past couple of days!

Wishing everyone a great day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

katmandulou responded:
Happy October 17th!

Very cool (50s-60s) and dry today in southeastern Mass. No rain expected til Friday, I like they dry, not the cool. I'm watching the birds zoom around outside, waiting for them to knock on the door demanding we fill the feeders. ha ha

The interview Monday at the bookstore went well, the manager said he'd hire me right there and then but had to talk to others scheduled for this week. The retailer I talked to last Fri sent me a cryptic email welcoming me to the store; they too said I\we wouldn't hear from them 'til next week. I had an interview yesterday, but my skills and financial wants were out of the scope they want to pay. It might turn into a freelance thing, so I'll wait and see.

Today I'll see what info I can get off my old phone (Palm Treo) and put on the new one (iPhone 5, DH insisted). It's not a simple task. I had a Palm PDA for years, and I have a lot of info in my Treo that I don't want to lose. Stupid HP, they bought Palm then said sorry, no more phones. GGrrrr!

Mimi, it's good that you can spend time with Noah. My sister's granddaughter (20 months) goes with her to visit Mom in the nursing home. Bella isn't afraid of anything, the walker Mom's in or the elderly who are confused and probably scared themselves.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Go ahead make it Thursday lol... I am drinking cold coffee and awaiting to leave for my Psychiatrist appointment at 10 and 3 hours is too long to wait today... lol... I would actually love it to be Friday lol... all my appointments over... and hopefully feeling better lol...

oH WELL... We aren't God now are we Mimi... lol... So let's just live today as handed to us... I feel a little more stable mentally today... But very much in pain... Oh well... a little improvement is better then none lol... and I think I would rather live with the pain and illness then the dark depression I have been in...

I got to go in for an emergency appointment with my councelor yesterday... got a very very painful hug... and cried and vented... I will maybe post as to what is happening... but I do feel more in control...

I hope you are all having better sleep then me... I get less then half an hour at a time and then I am up about an hour... no rest for the wicked lol... That's what I get for all the shouting huh lol...

well... take care and have a nice day...

Love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou.....MiMi in NC....I am glad that your interview went well...I hope you find something that you really enjoy doing....I know just how much I miss the people interaction....(not the work)...I worked with numbers, actually dollars and cents from people's escrow accounts...paying taxes and insurance....I also worked in the cashier department for a period...posting payments and doing research...and also posting pay-offs...where everything had to be PERFECT...since the push of the button made it *final*....OMG...did I mention stress....especially IF and WHEN a mistake was made...

It was an interesting job....but I am not sure now that any of it was worth my effort....sitting at a computer for hours at a time and doing all kinds of work....was NOT good on the body or the mind...and in the end....no one really cared about the employees.....sad but I personally think this is the normal...

Good luck with getting your IPhone up to date with your current info....I am not into the modern technology at all...I hate cell phones...although I did have one when they first came out...I am not sure though that all of the modern technology is good for anyone....for at least for some...

I am glad that your sister's granddaughter goes to visit your mom in the nursing home...I know that most old people love little ones anyway and enjoy seeing them...whether they know who they are or not.

Take care and good luck with your job search...

MiMi

foreversore responded:
Good afternoon every one! I had a pretty good day yesterday. Only the usual fibro symptoms and nothing extra as I managed to successfully pace myself for once. Now lets hope I can keep it up. It is cool and rainy today. My knees and back don't like it but ibuprofen and heating pads are helping that.

Not much going on today. House is clean, laundry is done so I guess today will be a hobby day.

I hope everyone else has a good day today with minimal pain and fatigue and that you get everything accomplished that you hope to accomplish today.

foreversore replied to dollbug's response:
LOL MiMi after all we are all only human. Chalk it up to fibro fog

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I have pushed myself beyond all reasonable limits today, omg...Right now I'm worn out and I can barely move. My ankle is screaming like a banshee! I am sure I'll pay for this "indiscretion" tomorrow, lol.

I did ALL the grocery shopping today...Yep, I said all of it. Husband is trying to fix his van so he can get his emissions done, because he has to register it by the end of the week. We were in dire need of groceries, so off I went.

I first had to gas up the van, because it was literally running on fumes. The gas light was on and I was praying I'd make it to the gas station. I put in 16.5 gallons (I have an 18-gallon tank) and it cost almost $66. But I have a full tank for the first time since the spring. That feels good.

Then it was on to the grocery store...I made two different stops and filled the van; then I headed home. Husband unloaded the van; then he went back to working on his van, so that left me to put away all the groceries. After that, I took a short rest.

Next I went to a third store to finish the shopping. I was crawling by then, but I got it done. When I got home Husband unloaded the van again, and I put the groceries away for a second time. Then I took all the trash down to the dumpster. Now I am trying to cook dinner and let me tell you---I am done. I don't think I'll be doing anything tomorrow!!

In an annoying irony, I got sick from the chicken nuggets Husband brought home last night. I had decided not to eat our ten-day-old chicken because I didn't want to get sick; but I started feeling funny after I ate the nuggets last night. Today I've had the runs all day and felt really tired and queasy. But I did the shopping anyway because I wanted some real food in the house. I am really tired of chicken at the moment!

The landlord showed up today too...We haven't seen him for a month. Now he's back because it's time to collect the rent. I'm hoping he doesn't stay long! It's been so much more peaceful without him.

The timer has just gone off...I am going to see if I can eat dinner and keep it down. I think after that, I am going straight to bed!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.