Skip to content
back almost to me... but now I am manic high lol
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
I thank you all so much for your posts and prayers... Once again Miracles DO Happen!!! I woke every 45 to 60 minutes all night long... Had to give up the ghost at 5:30 am to get my time to myself and then prepare me for my day with my first dose of pain meds... About the time I had to wake my son at 6:30.. I thought to myself... mmm... I haven't cried yet lol... the pain level had gone down at least a level... And I wasn't anxious... instead I was enjoying my coffee and the quiet so much I didn't want to wake anyone lol...

I went to my psychiatrist and I had gotten the time wrong... the appointment was at 10:15 not 10:30... if you are 5 minutes late they are to reschedule you... But they gave me the choice to hang out for an hour and be worked in hopefully... no guarantee... or come back at 1:45 which I couldn't do... so I waited and she seen me within half an hour... thank God...

She took me off my trazadone for the highest dose wasn't working anymore... put me on doxepin a sleeping aid and anti-depressant... She increased my tegretal and now I take it in the morning and at night as my neurologist suggested... and she increased my zoloft... I told her I feel like a lab rat lol... But she usually has me leaving feeling hopeful... And I do...

The neurologist also told me that if I get enough tegretal built up in my system... it will not ony help my bipolar and my Parkinson's... It will help my neuropathy and over all nerve damage... I think finding benefit for half of these will better my happy spirit and I don't mean the manic one lol...

I do feel very tired this afternoon and as soon as my son is done with his meeting I will go rest... Maybe watch some "Jessie" with the kids on netflix... lol... that's resting sorta lol...

Anyway... I did want to tell you that I think I was suppose to be late for the appointment.. because I ran late I ran into an acquaintance I met there with a simple hi how are you a month ago... But this time when she asked me how I was doing I decided to brave it and tell her the truth that things haven't been too good... and I asked about her and she burst into tears.. She is today where I was yesterday... So instead of leaving I sat and held her hand until her counselor who is mine.. came to get her... our counselor was very happy to see us sharing phone numbers and addresses... Giving her a hug that hurt to the max.. I know we will be friends.. If only because we both need one who can understand our illness...

I hope to see her soon and/or talk to her soon... The encounter put something back into my spirit and soul that I have missed for a long time... I helped and hugged without typing it...

take care... Thanks again... Love... Jan/Dakota

xperky responded:
Great news, Jan! I sure do hope the adjustments wind up helping. It sounds important for you to keep tabs on your emotions and contact your doctor as soon as you feel a little "off." You did just that, and are on the right path, it seems. I feel relieved to have heard from you today. Thanks for your update.
With Compassion,
Margaret

dollbug responded:
Hello Jan....things happen for a reason....perhaps it was just meant to be....your friend needed you....and perhaps you needed your friend as well...

I know that when I was young...I did not have anyone who I could talk to about things...I am now a support system to my children...and I try to be there for them...it is sad that there are people in the world who do not have family or friends to lean on...

This past week-end....there was a man standing on the road with a gas can...he was out of gas and did not have any money to get any...I was shocked to see him still there when I came back by...so I passed him and then turned around and went back and filled up the can for him...he was close to a gas station and while people were getting their gas I guess no one noticed him with his sign asking for help...there are so many people in need these days...it is sad that our country has gotten into such a mess...

I can only hope and pray that things get better for all of us...people need to have faith and hope...and those of us who can reach out and help someone should do so...

I worry all the time about my granddaughter...it is sad that some people just do not get it...children have only one childhood and when it is gone...it is gone...there is no going back to try to make up for what they have lost...

Hang in there Jan...I hope things get better for you soon...and I hope you will keep on keeping on...

Take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.