Skip to content
Thursday *****(It really is today) 10/18/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....well I hope I get the day right today....it is really Thursday today...nothing like being confused...still do not know why I thought yesterday was Thursday....anyway...I do hope everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope we will all have a better day today.

It is suppose to be nice again today....no rain...but I think rain is again on its way...

Yesterday was a good day for me....after so much confusion in the courts for over a very long period of time....it seems like my older son has finally cleared of being on probation....it was extended for over a year longer than it was suppose to be....but when a person is at the mercy of a system where no one is in control of....what can anyone expect....it has been a very long and drawn out saga....I never, in a million years, thought that I would learn so much about just how the Judicial System works or not....

OK....enough on this soapbox....the next chapter should be so much better....or at least I am hoping it will be.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process....to figure out the right combination of tools that will work for you....there are no quick fixes that I am aware of....If someone knows of something please share what you have found or what works for you with the rest of us....afterall, we are all in the same boat here.

Vitamin D....I think perhaps the concept of Vitamin D and just how important it might be to everyone is catching on and more people are paying attention to it....as I am sure most of us now know that Vitamin D is really a hormone...and for whatever reason a lot of people do not have enough of it....I have read that yes getting out in the sunshine is good for us....but we still need to have it checked at least once a year...that the sunshine sometimes is still not enough for some people....I do know that low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for me...and I also know that it is a cheap fix....

Ghosts and goblins will soon be appearing around the country....Halloween is not one of my favorite times....my younger son was making a wood casket for someone to pick up yesterday...he was putting the finishing touches on it...he did a good job...Noah was trying to help him with it as well....he tells me that he likes hanging out with his daddy...I am sure that in a couple of weeks it is going to be a trying time for Noah....as my DH and younger son will be gone for 10 days....the good thing is that they will be able to communicate and Noah will be able to actually see his dad on the computer....the wonderful world of modern technology....it is quite amazing to me.

With so much good technology one would think that *mistakes* would be a thing of the past....I often wonder just how many *mistakes* are blamed on *computer errors these days*....a lot of people still do not realize that mistakes are made at the hands of whomever is putting the information into the computer to begin with...

That's my story....have a great day....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I was barely out of bed this morning when the landlord came banging on the door, asking Husband who was taking a shower. I guess he'd noticed the water pressure was down. Husband said it wasn't us; and the landlord spent the next few minutes rambling on about all his plans to fix the building. Then he went away again. Husband and I just looked a t each other and said, "Yep---he's off his meds again." This happened at 6:45 in the morning, omg. I'm just glad he's not off his meds all the time!

I am feeling pretty good in spite of yesterday's overdoing and a night of lousy sleep. I was so tired that I couldn't fall asleep, and then the RLS kicked in big time. I dozed on and off until 1:00 this morning; then the Melatonin finally overpowered the RLS and I got some sleep. Still, I'm not planning on doing much today. Yesterday's activity level was plenty.

I was SO glad to see Husband's check yesterday! We were able to put gas in both vans, and I finally added minutes to my cell phone. It was about to get shut off. I did the grocery shopping too; and this morning the fridge looks beautiful. It's so nice to open the door and see real food there! I was getting a little tired of looking at the same leftover chicken for ten days in a row.

But our life is like that---The first two weeks after a check, we eat pretty well. THEN all the bills kick in, and for the next two weeks our larder is pretty lean. There is a food bank in town, but the people there give preference to families with children; plus it's not very large. I guess the folks that run it figure that adults can take being hungry better than kids can.

Whenever I go there I feel like I'm taking food away from people that really need it, so I don't go all that often. I always feel vaguely guilty about asking them for help. Our average food budget is around $100 a month, and I make that work the best I can. It is better than the summer, when we had no food budget at all.

This morning I am making myself a three-egg omlette with TWO (gasp! Such extravagance!!) slices of cheese. After that I'm curling up with my crocheting---Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi, Angelswife and everyone who posts here today. I do so hope your yesterday was good and that you didn't have fibro pain or issues to deal with. Not always possible I know so well, but do hope that your day was one that left you feeling " day well done! " And I hope your today is better still.

My post will be short today. DH is home and I need to get out the door to go over to the hospital. No pressing medical issues just business. I am going over to the hospital this a.m. to have records , tests and test results sent to my PCP from my lung doctor and my GYN and the mammogram. So far, weeks late, nothing has gone there for him

It's going to be windy and a bit cooler here today, 60 something. It was a ' bumpy ' night here in middle TN. Our area got strong winds and heavy rain, but thankfully no tornado warnings. I looked around the house to see if we had damage and I didn't see any. Whew.

I'm glad to be getting out because this a.m. because I want to walk off these aches and soreness I got from a ' slip and trip ' kind of accident I got on Tuesday afternoon. I was knocked backwards at the hearing aide office when leaving. As I reached for the door knob the door pushed open from the other side pushing me backwards into a waist high magazine table and into the wall behind it.

I hit the wall with my head and shoulder and my hip hit the table hard. The guy gave the door a second shove when my body blocked it from opening and letting his 300 pound girth in and then looked around the wooden door to see me half way down to the floor.I will say he seemed really surprised that someone or some thing might be on the other side of the door, let alone a lady half way knocked out..

He was really sorry and kept telling me he had no idea I was there.. well dudh dude what might be on the other side of a busy medical office door? People leaving maybe??!!
Anyway the office staff rushed to help me, got me to sit down and wanted to see if I wanted to call paramedics. NO. I am fine, just sore, with some brushing and discoloring going on. But ugh sometimes you just gotta wonder why things like this happens.

I went an voted yesterday and now have that behind me. I put a note out above my door bell. I get a lot of politicians looking for votes, yes, even this late in the game, it states:

" If you are looking for my vote in this year's election. Sorry you're one day too late. : ) I have already voted. "

MiMi, I'm so glad your son is on the other side of this terrible injustice. I am sure you will now have your grand daughter with you to share the happiness of the up coming holidays.

Angelswife, am beyond happy that checks are coming in and good and healthy foods are back in your kitchen
again. I now hope that your nerve pain eases up and gives you days and nights of relief and sleep. As always keeping you in my thoughts.

Okay, I really do need to get up from the lap top and get the day going.

Gentle hugs and well wishes going out to each of you.. Have a good and fibro pain and issues free day. Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning All my dear family... I am so happy to hear your son and you are getting closer to the big day of finally being reunited with your grand baby... I remember how I felt when I watched the injustice in my daughters life and watched as she fought to get her 5 back... I was so happy when she brought them to see me... I felt like a whole person again...

Angelswife... My love... I am so happy to hear things are better for you finally... I hope with this blessing of work and money you can prosper and have a much more stable life... Bless you... And thanks for the prayers I love you too and pray for you aways... I am feeling stronger both mentally and physically today... And I know this is God at work...

Things are slow and still very up and down and painful... but I can see progress... My spirit and soul are filling once again with the positives in my life...

I have a pain management appointment in a couple of hours... I am dressed but have some paperwork to do... With all the meds change I need a new meds list... lol... And I haven't taken my notes yet for her... need to do that... but I have my alarm set for 8:30 and the van won't be here till 9:30 so I have time yet...

I guess I will go read a bit and I will write a message after my appointment... I only have 10 minutes left to play then it is down to business lol...

Wish me well... This will be an important appointment for my "speedy" lol recovery... Well it has been sorta a speedy recovery... 2 days ago I was an utter basket case lol... And atleast now I have some control... lol...

You all have a great day and I hope you find it as pain free as possible... Keep your soul peaceful and your spirit smiling... It works for me lol...

Love... Jan/Dakota

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

It's been quite a while since I checked in. Busy with school and family. I am looking for a new doctor. Hoping to find one soon because my FM symptoms are getting worse. It's gotten to the point where I am not sure I will be able to work once I finish my program. Last night I had to close my eyes and concentrate hard to speak simple sentences.

Hope you are all doing well I will try to read what you've all been up to after work.

~air hugs~

~Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Hello gang, quick check in tonight.

It was a quiet Thurday in the mill. They had me work with an equipment rep to shadow as he worked on a machine and soak up what I can.

It has been another week of just getting through each day and trying to not focus on the next too hard. I worry about my working future. I keep trying to use my brain more and my body less. Day by day...

We close Thursday on our new home loan. They are basically rewriting our current loan. In an nut shell, no cost to us, lower interrest, cheaper payment. This is good, money is always tight.

It was cool and wet today. The afternoon was dry, then more rain. We needed it bad.

That's all for tionight, take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.