Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New fibro meds?
tlp2815 posted:
Has anyone done any research about new meds coming out next year for fibro? I know right now there are Lyrica, Savella and Cymbalta plus another whole list of meds used off label for it such as SSRI's, anticonvulsants, NSAIDS etc but Im looking for something new that actually will work for me without more horrible side effects. I know all meds work differently for everyone and all meds have some side effects but I am just miserable lately and getting more and more pain. Ive tried over 26 meds in the last 10 years- they all work for a while then stop working. I read that Cyclobenzaprine is supposed to come out next year in a new formulation but is there anything other than that?
Has anyone heard of Dr Rodger Murphee? Thoughts on his protocol? Thanks!

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, I've read Dr. Murphree's book, and I was very impressed. I ordered his fibro protocol, which was pretty expensive. It was vitamins and minerals and some other things like adrenal support, probiotics, and something else I can't think of that raises serotonin in the body.

I took it for at least 2 mos. with no noticeable difference. After that, I didn't want to pay for it anymore, since it didn't help me. I know he claims he's helped thousands, and maybe he has, but I wasn't one of them, and my generics worked much better.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.