Sudden jerks
An_248528 posted:
I am new to this forum. I have been having problems for years. Never thought that my aches and pains, etc. might be Fibromyalgia. I have read and have a friend that was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia would like to know do any of you sometime get sudden jerks when typing? I am a secretary and find that my fingers get sudden jerks. Is this a symptom? Going to doctor tomorrow to be evaluated. Thank you.

Take the Poll

Sudden jerks
  • Symptom of Fibromyalgia
  • Don"
vote
View Poll Results

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome here.

This isn't an issue for me, not in my fingers anyway. But I wanted to respond to bump your post up so others see.

I hope you'll keep posting.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
I have muscle jerks or twitches. It usually happens when I'm sitting or lying still. I've read that it is a symptom of fibro. I believe Dr. P. even addressed it, if you want to see what he said.

foreversore responded:
I have Restless Leg Syndrome so it can be my toes, ankles knees or hips that jerk. I also get jerking motions in my right arm. They did an EMG but it was negative I have no nerve damage in my upper body. I take Klonopin for the RLS and I notice my arm doesn't jerk when I take it either but I only take it at bedtime.