Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sudden jerks
An_248528 posted:
I am new to this forum. I have been having problems for years. Never thought that my aches and pains, etc. might be Fibromyalgia. I have read and have a friend that was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia would like to know do any of you sometime get sudden jerks when typing? I am a secretary and find that my fingers get sudden jerks. Is this a symptom? Going to doctor tomorrow to be evaluated. Thank you.

Take the Poll

Sudden jerks
  • Symptom of Fibromyalgia
  • Don"
vote
View Poll Results

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome here.

This isn't an issue for me, not in my fingers anyway. But I wanted to respond to bump your post up so others see.

I hope you'll keep posting.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
I have muscle jerks or twitches. It usually happens when I'm sitting or lying still. I've read that it is a symptom of fibro. I believe Dr. P. even addressed it, if you want to see what he said.

foreversore responded:
I have Restless Leg Syndrome so it can be my toes, ankles knees or hips that jerk. I also get jerking motions in my right arm. They did an EMG but it was negative I have no nerve damage in my upper body. I take Klonopin for the RLS and I notice my arm doesn't jerk when I take it either but I only take it at bedtime.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.