Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****10/19/2012 ****Roll Call ***New Members too****
dollbug posted:
TGIF....MiMi in NC...where it is 59* but dry for now...with showers on the way...

For the new members....each Friday we have what we refer to as roll call....we hope everyone will stop by and update the FMily on how things are going for you....have you found something that has helped you cope better yet? If so, please share this with others...we are here to support each other and give other ideas of how they might cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...it is not any easy task to do...and we should all remember that what helps one may or may not help you...you have to decide...you have to find the right combination of *tools* that might just make a difference in your life..everything is a process...a trial and error process...which does take time and effort..

I think we all wish there was a magic pill that we all could take each morning when we start our day and it would allow us to be *normal* ....there is NO magic pill, that I am aware of...but there is help...be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page..perhaps you will find something that you have not thought of trying yet...

My favorite *tip* is Vitamin D...be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...which is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

As we near election time...I hope everyone will be sure and VOTE....I do not bring up politics on the board....as I do not think this is a place for it...I do want to share something though that happened this morning...a local tv station had a survey for people...it was about the debate between the two wifes of the candidates running for president...each person interviewed was asked who they thought won the debate and why between the ladies last night....OMG....I was stunned...these people answered like they had *watched the debate*....THERE WAS NO SUCH THING...do people really *pay attention to anything these days*? I do know that when I had a job...I got into what I use to term as a *rut*...I did things daily and it was automatic...there were days when I did not even realize things that I did...I guess I was so use to doing it...it came natural...I now find myself doing the same things now...My first and last comment to this is *pay attention and GO VOTE*....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday....

Have a great day...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's gray, windy and pouring down rain this morning. I am thinking of cancelling my PT appointment because I really don't want to go out. I'd rather curl up in a warm spot with my crocheting and watch the rain fall......

I took a break from typing to make myself some breakfast; and I called PT and cancelled my appointment while I was up. I really don't want to go out today! It's soggy and dark, and the "monthly visitor" is threatening to start early. I don't feel like doing much of anything, especially with the cramps coming on. I had my "early warning" migraine yesterday too, and I'm still feeling tired from that.

I was able to sit on the deck for most of yesterday---it was beautiful and sunny out. I had brought my crocheting, but once the migraine hit I ended up not doing much of it. Instead I watched the birds on the feeders, and I threw peanuts to the squirrels. I enjoyed myself despite the headache.

I had a few "close nature encounters" too. At one point, a chickadee tried to land on my hat. He realized at the last second that I was alive and he veered off, but I had a closeup view of his belly and the undersides of his wings. That was neat. A while later, a couple of titmice landed on the deck, and they were hopping around my sneakers and picking up birdseed, which I'd spilled earlier. I didn't dare breathe because I didn't want to scare them off. They are such pretty birds!

My biggest encounter, though, was with our most fearless squirrel. I had dozed off in the chair with the peanuts nearby, and he got impatient when I didn't notice him. I heard a scratching next to my ear and woke with a start to find him sitting on the back of my chair right next to my head. I don't know which of us jumped higher! He didn't run far, though---he just jumped down and waited until I threw him a peanut. He will sit right by my feet and beg for one.

I hadn't been out on the deck for a few days because it was too cool, so I was amazed at how big this squirrel has gotten.
He is as round as a navel orange, and his tail is almost four inches across. Either he is preparing for one heck of a winter, or "he" is actually a "she" who's expecting. I rather doubt it's a female, though. The females are usually very shy, and this one is "in your face" all the time. If you don't feed him right away he will jump up on the table and steal the peanuts from under your nose.

Well---I've rambled on long enough. My crocheting is calling me. Wonder which projects I'll work on today. Have a good Friday everyone!

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning! Happy Friday!

It's been cloudy, cool and raining here for the past couple of days. I hope we see some sunshine here soon - maybe tomorrow.

Very poor sleep last night. Glad I don't have anything planned tonight or tomorrow morning. A few other activities for Sat afternoon and Sunday.

Going to a birthday party for a couple of friends tomorrow - a husband and wife, both turning 50. Sunday afternoon there is a piano concert at my church.

Though there's a few activities on the schedule, there should be plenty of quiet time, too. I'd like to get a little more done on the baby blanket I'm crocheting for a cousin.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend with little or no pain - and good sleep!

katmandulou responded:
TGIF!

It's cool and sprinkling in southeastern Mass today. It's supposed to rain later, and be really bad thru Sat morning. I went to yoga class this morning, but it was cancelled. At least it wasn't raining!

I accepted the p-t job at L.L. Bean. Barnes & Noble hasn't called with an offer, and I still wonder whether I can balance between the two. I know one of my references hasn't called them back, and I know she'll say good things about me. The manager said they want me to start "sooner rather than later". I wonder what that means?

I'm glad DH is working from home today. It's so grey, I'd become house-bound like I did Tuesday. I told him I was going out, but sat on the sofa playing games on my iPad and knitting. Yes, I had the TV on, too. I've been feeling pretty good, and have been multi-tasking, but the cold is starting to sink in.

Mimi, you're right - we all HAVE to vote. It's not just a right, it's a responsibility. I remember people saying many many years ago, "if you don't vote, don't complain", and the saying rings true today. I have a neighbor who will call and ask who's running for town office, and what I think of each of them! I hope that the new year - only 2.5 months away, will bring prosperity back to us!

angelswife, I hope you have some PT exercises to do at home. It's good that you're better, and it's important to stay limber. I haven't had that kind of close-encounters with the wildlife here, but I saw our resident garden snake the other day.

I wish everyone her the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hello Everybody... Top of the morning to you...I got up at 11pm last night after going to sleep at about 9:30... and then slept till midnight and 1 and then till 4... then till 5:30 so I got more rest then I have in a long time... If only it was all in one shot lol...
p in dire pain a couple of pain last night and this morning was worse... But I am a little better... At least I am able to finally sit... I was pacing so I cleaned off the porch table and part of the kitchen cupboards... lol... I work or pace about 10 minutes and sit about 5 then I am ready to be put into a stretch machine again... lol...

The kids are going to go to their Mom's today and will be back tomorrow night... So I hope to get some rest and some real quiet time... I will baby myself a bit so I can maybe let this healing process actually kick in a bit... I am now doing exercises or stretches as I would better call them... 6 times a day... But I am not doing much neck and shoulder wise until they get the resuts back of the upcoming MRI... Think it is Thursday of the upcoming week...

They want caution to be used there as I fell again and tore up my wrist and hurt my head and neck... It was bad enough I sure didn't need this fall.... lol... Just call me tipsy lol... only without the alcohol lol...

We are moving... into a bigger house... but I hate moving and truly loved it here... I have a week and a half to pack... Then they will move everything and I will unpack and organize as I can... That is the best I can do right...

I am falling asleep here... I hope you all have a nice day... May it be the most pain free as you can... Love... Jan/Dakota

wraingirl replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi all,
I am a newbie, I've been reading a lot of the posts and discussions. whew i dont feel so freakish anymore.I was beginning to think i'm just loosing it.
I've had fibro for about 30 yrs and it seems like the last 3-4 years has been the worst. my profession is a hairdresser but i had to "retire" from it about 4yrs ago. so ive been a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom for about 3 yrs untill this year when my youngest wanted to go back to public school.
so now i have a part time job in a salon and spa as their "front desk" person. I love it but its gotton really hard for me to even do this job. I think this is what makes me so frustrated because of the unpredictability of the fibro. and to make matters worse, my Dr that ive had for many years has retired. so im without right now. ugg....
well its been very brisk and windy here in SE Kansas, but supposed to be much nicer this weekend. so I hope to get my yard mowed and clean my barn lot cleaned up.
Oh yeah does anybody have problems with Chemical synsitivities, im wondering if the chemicals and smells in the salon doesnt agrivate my problems.
thanks for listening.

angelswife replied to wraingirl's response:
Good Morning, wraingirl---glad you found us! Welcome to the Fmily.

I don't know about others, but I am sensitive to a lot of chemicals. I used to work in a laundromat, and would get wicked sick every winter because the place didn't have adequate ventilation. I now can't take bleach, ammonia, most cleaning supplies or strong perfumes. The only cleaners I can use are the natural ones, like orange or thyme.

You might want to post this as a separate question also. You would definitely get responses!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.