Skip to content
Saturday ****10/20/2012 *****Good news...
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC with good news about the weather....it is going to be a nice day...actually for the next 5 days....it is going to be calm....with no storms or showers being predicted today....OMG...and the high will be high 60's low 70's.....really nice fall weather....it is about time...the damp cool weather is not good for my mind or my body.....I think we are due for some nice mild fall weather....I do hope others will also have this as well.

My DH and younger son are now counting down the days until their trip out west...10 days...I think our son is looking forward to this and also dreading it a bit also...I am sure he will enjoy the trip though...he traveled some when he was a teenager and was gone one time for about 3 weeks...touched several states as he was traveling with his uncle who was doing the race car shows...

I did sleep ok last night but woke up cold this morning....thought the heat was off...as I have had problems the past few years with it going off...and it is just a fuse blowing...as I stated on the last trip from the service people...I am not happy with it doing this as it seems to happen when it is so very cold and on the week-end as well...no time has it been in spring/summer...so it is the heating part of the electric heat pump...and you know these people can not find anything wrong with the system...but something is causing it...

Back to waking up cold....why is it at the crack of dawn...the temps drop and it is really cooler than before...I have never understood this..but there must be some answer to it...does anyone have an idea of why this is?

OMG...October is moving toward the end of the month...it will soon be time for the ghosts and goblins to come out....a good time for little ones...not one of my favorite times though...
I enjoy Thanksgiving and love Christmas...which is next...and then of course, a new year...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...hang out with us here and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...I am sure that there is a combination of tools that will help you cope better....you just have to *figure it out*...

Vitamin D...(my favorite tool)....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so very important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain...(it did for me) and it can also affect other illnesses as well...(according to the medical researchers)...
This is a simple blood test...BUT you MUST ASK the doctor to run it...as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that they do...(shame on the insurance companies for not making this part of a routine check up-as this one test might actually solve some people's health issues)...

That's all folks....Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine, if you have some...

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

Doing so much better here. Brace is off the left leg and I worked yesterday (with it) near me....but was OK!! Hurray! Joy is when the thing that was biting at you has dissappeared....you feel like you are in heaven! I actually think I am painfree today!

My life is all perception, and I am perceiving so much less pain that I am in such joy!

I have the weather that just left you, looks like soup outside. Went to feed my poor birds who have not been fed in weeks because of all the leg issues and not being out. And it is yucky. Right away I put on good music to get my spirit moving!

My house has fall/ winter clothes all in piles, throughout. The holloween costumes of ELMO and COOKIE MONSTER arived for next weeks party and they are on the dining room table...

The mail from the week piled in the kitchen pushed from our eating area......OK I know I am depressing all of you. I can't see the house for the "hoarding" look I have going here!

TODAY is the day. I never even finished the laundry last week due to pain and sitting with the LEG UP. I bet if I looked DH has no T shirts and close on undies! LOL..

Mimi, on the trip for the guys...this sounds so good. I wish my "men" could ever do something together and go tripping somewhere......dang store is in the way always.

I wonder too about your morning chill, that it might be the slowing down of your metabolism during sleep that you get to "sub zero" feeling when you wake......then as you increase B/P as you move, add warm fluid in the tank you come back up to normal......?? Just a thought. It may not be the dawn, it may be your motor and circulation?

BTW, I slept for the past week in the recliner and no numb hands or headache and did so well......but I can't leave my memory foam matress, I slept in bed last night and it was heaven to sink into the bed and I passed out right away. I did dream in the recliner and one night I took a bit too much meds for the pain and had an awful nightmare.......(a man at the bottom of the recliner with the phone cord he disconnected and he was going to kill (strangle) me with it...............CRAP...bad night.! He was pacing back and forth and saying "come on we have to go downstairs", I said I can't walk....THANK GOD I WOKE UP......

I hate dreams like that, it has been a long time.

Well, things are better here. Just needed to share . The other thing I did during this mess was start meloxicam for the knee and maybe that is the help that made me "painfree" feeling today. As we who have fought this for so long, you can never figure out A GOOD DAY. Just take it with GLEE!

Hugs to all, Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
The sun is finally breaking through...Everything is soaked outside, but the heavy rain is gone. I think we're in for a few nice days of sun and 60 degrees. I can definitely use that!

Moderate flare this morning, thinks to the looming "monthly visitor". Why that stirs things up so much is a mystery; but when it's on the way I can always count on a flare. The only thing I had planned today was some housework---we'll see how much I get done. I can always crochet instead, lol.

Our most aggressive red squirrel is trapped in our wall. He fell down one of the spaces yesterday and he can't get back out. Husband says it serves him right for chewing up our bird feeders, and he is refusing to rescue him. I'm wincing at the thought of the slow death to come. It's so hard to listen to them trying to get free!

This squirrel is nowhere near where they regularly get stuck. Usually they fall down the wall space in the loft, and there's already a hole there so we can free them. This one fell almost seven feet into a wall that's in our regular living space, (our walls aren't insulated, so there's a lot of places to get stuck in.) and Husband absolutely refuses to cut another hole. He dislikes this squirrel and says he's getting what he deserves, end of story. I guess I'll have to have some Lysol handy.

Speaking of Husband, he has just staggered out of the bedroom demanding breakfast. Guess I'd better get busy.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday morning MiMi, Nan and all that will follow. I do hope that your yesterday was a good one and that you did not have to deal with any fibro issues or pain. I hope that your today and your tomorrow will be good ones as well.

MiMi, it's cold here this a.m. as well but will warm up into the high 60's and then the rest of the week will be in the high 70's and 80's with few to no chances of rain. Nice way to spend the last full week of October. And yes right behind that is Halloween. The trees here have bright red and orange leaves now, well the tress that still have leaves left on them. It is so pretty to look out. I will miss those colors so much. Winter blah: the cold, the snow or ice, no colors but gray and white make me so unhappy.

Nan, so glad the brace is off and that you are Pain free!
Sounds like you've got a lot of things to do, but I don't need to tell you to pace and pace some more. I used to have the house busy with seasonal things when the little ones where here, but these days it's a much slower and easier ' set up ' for any of the up coming holidays. I kinda miss it I think and then seeing the work that goes into all of the holidays I say, not so sure I do. Take it easy tho, don't over due..

I have been off line for the past day or so with the lap top
due to the wireless modem, UBS port modem, being way out of date. I had to wait until they'd upgrade it free and not play around with my contract or make me sign onto a new one. Went in Tuesday to order a new one and just got it back yesterday afternoon. Quite nice and installed like a charm. I just love that when it happens. I had a way to get online because I have the pad and keyboards but for what ever reason this site will NOT let me type in using it. UGH So couldn't post. I wonder if this sight will ever get that little glitch updated as so many of us use pads now. Ya listening sight staffers?

DH is on his weekend off so will have projects to finish or start while the temps and weather cooperates with us. I am betting he heads off fishing tomorrow early a.m. He always invites me but I'd rather stay in bed, nice and warm, safe and sound. And I don't eat fish so why not just leave the fish in the lake to swim another day.

We do have projects to do here over the weekend. We have to rebuild a side fence and repaint it, paint the casing and pipes of our big heating and AC unit, pressure wash the back of the house, seal off the basement safe shelter and paint the TV room celling. Why so much one would ask and why so much at one time, well we've got company coming in a few weeks and need to get these chores and projects done so we can enjoy the family visits. DD and family is due in 3rd week of Nov and DH's niece and family are due in here the next day.

I have to head out the door just after nine this a.m. and drop off a job application for seasonal work. I plan to do a lot of that will coming week as most of the stores here are interviewing for seasonal help. I plan to visit a general employment office Monday and see what they might have for me this holiday season. Which is all I want at this point. But looking down the road to early next year I plan to visit the Board of Education here and apply as a substitute teacher. I spent some time last week collecting and redoing my resume(s) and am hopeful that something nice, very part time, in education will fall into my lap.

I should get up here and get my day moving alone. Here's wishing each of you a wonderful, fibro issue and pain free day. Gentle hugs to each of you, Linda R.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... A nice sunny morning here in AZ with no hot temp yet so I am sitting on the porch trying to drink my coffee faster then it gets cold lol... It is a delightful 67 degrees right now and our high will be 91 today... So I think I will get some nice fresh air now and rest when it warms up... I don't do well in heat even if it does feel a great bit different already from the triple degrees we were having... And I tend to forget to go inside more lol...

I had a weird thing happen to me last night... About 3 am I woke up on the porch sitting in my new wheelchair... Not remembering how I got there and not remembering bringing the wheelchair out with me... I have an old one outside to sit in there is no need to bring it out... I asked my roommate and son if they brought it out for me and they said no... and so either I brought it out sleepwalking or in a blackout... See I don't remember going outside to the porch either... So I took it back in and came back out to contemplate the issue... lol... or better yet fall asleep in the old chair for a bit.. Was going in about half an hour later when the roommate joined me for a cig... I told him and all he could do was laugh... He said I was getting a bit absent minded but I think it is more absent bodied and brained lol... lol... Maybe it was an out of body experience lol...

Well... I want to write a message about a new symptom happening to me... So I will close and do that while I am thinking about it...

You all have a great weekend and lovely day... I am so happy to hear you are feeling so well Nancy... and Sharon and Linda don't over do... Pace Pace Pace...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Gosh Jan that's really scary and weird. I read your symptom post before coming on here and gotta say I hope you get that checked out ASAP. Blackouts like the one you said you had is so not good and needs to be looked at. Can U go to the ER today and let them know what's happening, well, what happened last night? I feel bad suggesting you add one more thing to your medical day. I mean like you don't already have enough on your plate as it is, but you do NEED to know what happened and what caused it. Could be new meds or something that can be adjusted.

Please let us know how this goes.. sending love and hugs your way, Linda

mnjeepguy responded:
I had a terrible flare today, stabbing pains, mostly shotting up my left shin. I woke good and then the fog rolled in. With it my body did a flip. Not a good day for me.

On a good note, we signed our new home loan, just a better rate with the same company. It was simple, lowered our rate 2.25, and the payment $200.

I posted earlier but it was lost. Have a good night everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife, om-goodness, how terrible. I have a friend who had the same thing happen to her at a large rental home she was in one summer. Like you, had to sit by helpless and could do nothing to free the little thing. She knew the little squirrel died within her kitchen walls within the week it feel between the boards. It's sad to know that a little creature is going to be trapped within the walls of the house with no way to freedom I know for you it must just be heart wrenching, but it's as your DH told you, it is it what it is.

I don't like your landlord! I know there are things he should be providing to you as a renter. The AC connections, insulated walls as well. You are cold in the winter and hot in the summer and he does nothing but make a fool of himself and, I feel, endangers you and your DH. Not liking him one bit and hope he heads south quickly.

Wish I could do something to help. Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.