Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****10/21/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....a good Sunday to each of you....OMG...October is getting close to the end...time does fly when you get older....just as my dear aunt told me a few years back...as one gets older...it seems that a lot is no longer that important...we do what we can do with what we have and well...the rest of whatever is just ignored...I think back to the past few years which I would wish on no one to have to endure...life is so very short...I have found out that we indeed live in a wicked and evil world...and the only ones who can make a difference in this life is the person you see when you look into the mirror...and even when we all figure this out and get to this point...it is a hard road to travel...

I have found out that the majority of attorneys do *nothing* to help a person...this is so sad....living in this kind of place and having no one to depend upon if you need it...and I have found out that these attorneys will NOT tell you that they are not going to help you until it is too little, too late...and then you are *stuck* with whatever the *situation happens to be*...my own suggestion is this...try never to get in any situation that you can not get out of yourself...and I do understand that there are situations in which people just happen to get *caught in and can do nothing about*...if everyone would just *stop and think* about anything and everything we do...and ask ourselves what would happen if others knew about this...and if you know that regardless of who knew...it would make no difference...then you should be ok..

Choices and consequences...such important issues in life.

When I was working I did a lot of research on problems...and my boss was always wanting to know when I would be *finished with the task at hand*...I use to tell her...it did not happen overnight and I can not work miracles...sometimes when it takes a long time to get there....it will take as long or longer to undo what has been done...it would be much better to do things right in the first place so you do not have to go back and correct what you have done.

OK...enough on my soapbox for the day...

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a great day for all of us..

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....it does take time and effort...as I am not aware of any sort of *magic pill*....although for me....the Vitamin D pill is really close....(for me that is)..

Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked if you have not already done so.....

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more....it one of the most important things that I have learned about coping with the wrath of the dragon...for me there is no more work until you drop....because when I decide to do more than I can....well...I pay and pay dearly for doing it.

Everything is a process with FM....or it is for me....you have to decide for yourself what you want to try...but you must also remember that what works for others may or may not work for you...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a great Sunday...enjoy the sunshine...I plan to for at least the next few days....where it is suppose to be nice here with sunshine....a little cool but at least it is dry...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's sunny and in the 30s right now, but it will get into the 60s today. It's going to be another beautiful day.

I spent part of yesterday getting caught up on crocheting projects. I got halfway through a shawl and finished up a baby blanket. I crocheted out on the deck in the sun, and it was beautiful. I love it when I can be out on the deck!

My ankle seems to have flared up for some reason. For three nights now, it has waked me up after midnight with fierce pains. It feels like someone is hammering nails along the bones in my foot. I have no idea why, because it had been doing much better and I wasn't using the pain meds at night any more. Maybe it's the weather changes? It's both annoying and frustrating, especially after I'd been doing better. I feel like I've taken a step backwards, no pun intended.

Aside from that, things are good...Husband and I are having breakfast; then I'm jumping in the shower. We are headed for church this morning. After that, I'll be crocheting on the deck again. I'm soaking up these sunny days while I can.

booch007 replied to angelswife's response:
Good morning you two..

Mimi very profound this morning, and really a keeper statement. I am copying and posting to my file.

It is so true that it takes as long to take care of a problem as was the time to create it (most of the time) good advice!.
Same with the mirror........(I try not to look in the mirror!)

You have been through so much, I can't wait to read the ending and the revisit and the joy that is there that you hope for!

Isn't it interesting how at night these things talk...??? I had it with the knee. I kept saying it is like a sunburn (how the sun goes down and all of a sudden you are hurting)? Strange stuff.
I hope it setttles for you.

I am still in a place of significant gratitude....to walk up the steps normal and not one with the next foot joining and the one and the next foot joining........that was a muscle killer too.....
Also to get up out of *my bed.....Ahhhh....

Chill is definitely in the air, 46* right now and I left 3 windows open to flush the house yesterday, so YIKES to go around shutting them now.

I spent the afternoon with the GB's and such laughs, they are giving me more joy each time. I just need better eyes to watch 2 at the same time. Madelyn is fast and adventurous. She disappeared and was in the bathroom splashing water and soaked in minutes of my loosing her!! There is a stool at the sink to wash their hands and she KNOWS JUST HOW TO USE IT ALL !!!!

No harm done, but I had to change her. I seem to be doing better with the girls and holding them and movements while there. I bet it is really "physical therapy" disguised as FUN !!!
I wouldn't have lifted weights and done those things with a therapist and endured the pain as I did with the girls! Maybe we need to RENT grandchildren!! LOL..Ha Ha....

OK.....Off to the day at hand. I have a wonderful suprise at "West Point Academy"..but the THAYER Hotel/restaurant. A nurse from the Medical Center is retiring and I AM the surprise.

I can't wait, I was her teacher and now she is retiring and took the seat and taught behind me, after I left. I am so proud of her and have a nice speech to share. So chalk up a good day here. Sun is out, chill is in the air and I wish all to have a low pain day.

Get out your toolboxes and fight this dang dragon....."stab him in the eyes!"...................Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning All... I am sitting here waiting for the sun to wake up with me... I am having a hard time waking up without it this morning lol... but I don't have to get my son up until 7 and I couldn't sleep and got up at 5 so my alarm just went off to get me up at 6.. and the sun hasn't joined me yet... lol...

It is a lovely 63 degrees out here and I am basking in it... Suppose to only get to 88 degrees today... Maybe our cool weather is finally arriving... lol... Yeh right... Well... I haven't seen much cooler since I moved here... I will tell you thou... I am a country gal that misses my country... even tho the small town I lived and grew up in is now big and well populated... not a country town I thought of it as... and I miss the cold... I miss seeing my breathe sitting outside drinking my ice coffee because my hot coffee chills on my way out the door lol... I miss sitting watching all the rain and waiting for that first snow fall... I miss making the littlest snowman in the world for all I can make now are small hand size snowballs... I can't roll the snow into the huge ones or life them lol...

I will probably miss that for the rest of my life... and the memories will be just that... Memories... But they are cherished ones... and when someone says it is gloomy and rainy... I can imagine standing in it feeling the raindrops on my face... smelling the freshness in the air... and hearing it peacefully falling on a lake... Every time you all mention the heavy snow and digging out... I remember the fun it was riding with my father in the jeep plowing all that snow in SD... And yeh... I had my share of shoveling it too... And my share of making snow angels...

This time of year holds a lot of peace in the world for me... A lot of peace I need to gather right now to fight all this nasty illness... I haven't been feeling much better... Resting has been a chore as lieing down hurts badly... Stretching is getting to be hard to do but I do it all the time... I lose count but I know it is more then 6 times a day... It does still help for a few...

I know mentally I am doing better for I am getting philosophical again lol... I am having an easier time self hypnotizing and meditating... and as you can tell from the first part of this my imagery is getting much easier lol... I am still pretty vacant brained lol... but not as foggy when it is around... I feel like there is nothing registering or there is just no brain there to register with sometimes... It just shuts down... So now when I have a foggy brain I am happy to at least have a brain lol...

Sometimes it feels good to be vacant brained... I don't acknowledge my pain when I feel that way... Of course I don't acknowledge anything else either... So I try to rest and hope it doesn't last long... lol The funny thing is I can feel it coming... And it gives me a weird feeling when it leaves... I am going to talk to the Dr about this too... and my little black out I had...

Well... I have rattled long enough... You all take care and I hope you have a nice Sunday...

Love... Jan/Dakota

mnjeepguy responded:
Mimi, so very true. I have a friend that is a good realist. Whenever someone complains about how life is not fair to them, he just says "well, we all make our own decisions" and walks away. There are so many things we cannot control. That wich we can, we must. Or before you no it you can put yourself in a bad place that there seems no return from. Acceptance is key. It is the way out. If it is always someone elses fault it will only get worse. Good advice indeed.

I slept hard. I woke with a cat on my leg so I know I didn't move much. We were up late watching a show on Netflix. If we realy get into it we keep watching the next episode, before you know it it's midnight.

I feel slightly better this morning. I still have sharp pians in my shin, but at least they have weekened some. Yesterday they would make me jump. I didn't think I was going to fall asleep. I took 800mg of Ibu and my biofreeze to curb it some.

Today we will get out for at least a short walk I know that even when I feel terrible it is so important to move. For all of us, moving is so important. Keep the blood flowing, get out to socialize, stay in touch with friends and loved ones. It is so good for the spirit.

Work is getting very challenging to do every day. I need to see my Dr. again. I have to figure out why my skin is so bad on my face. It is embarrassing. I think it is gluten sensativity. They suggest not changing your diet until you get a blood test because wheat does have health benefits that would have to be supplemented. I also have been hurting pretty bad. I should qualify to get my insurance to cover Savella now. My Rh. said it should not be a problem. Day by day...

Is anyone else dealing with a big ins. premium jump this year? I have very good coverage through work, but ut is going up 27% for 13. That is another $80 a month for me. I pay about $400. I know that is much less than some pay but quite a change. I am sure our deductables will go up as well.

In any event, I hope you all have a good day. Mimi, I hope things get better, they will.

Angelswife, I hope your ankle feels better. No more steps back.

Jan, good to see your post, stay positive.

Nancy, you always give me a chuckle. Keep the laughter going!

Take care gang,

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory I wish I had a like button for this post!...good stuff.

I pay 816.00/month here in NY and that is with MD assistance from the office (they pay 80%)of mine.We were Aetna and now we are Cigna..... I am staff and spouse coverage.

It is so sad as my union at the hospital had a benefit of lifetime insurance if I left at 55, but I didn't make it.....this got me and I left when I was 47 y/o . It is what it is.

That was my biggest regret to this disease......not only did I change me* but I lost alot. It is 13 years at the office and I still have not met the salary I made. I look at my glass half full though most of the time. I love what i do, and I am blest to be able to be flexable and be anywhere and be useful.

Hope today you break out and the leg is better by alot!.....
Hugs, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMi, Jan, angelswife, Nan and Cory and to all that follow today's post. I hope everyone has had a nice a nice weekend where you didn't have any fibro issues or pain to deal with.

I am posting late because I got up very early this a.m. and was so tired by ten this morning that I just had to go back to bed. Thank goodness I was able to fall back asleep and catch up those lost hours. I woke up 4 hours later feeling as if I hadn't been awake at 4 at all. Nice I looked for the Halley's Comet debris racing across the sky at 4 this morning, but even with clear skies not a single thing went across the night sky. I checked every 15 minutes until the sun came up and never saw anything.

It's a nice 80 something with clear skies and a gentle breeze. Funny tho, it feels like fall but not. I can look around and see the crimson reds, yellow and gold leaves. The trees are being stripped of leaves more and more each day but standing outside with eyes closed it late August. All the sure signs of fall and yet feels like nothing like it. Sorry that so many in the FMily are having cold nights and early mornings. I know our cool down is coming, but am hopeful it holds off for many weeks yet.

MiMi, I read your post with such interest and support for you. I too am coping it. No truer words have been spoken.
I know the past years have been a legal nightmare and it just shouldn't have happen at all! I am sure that since you are now in a good place with your son and GD's visitation issues settle that 2013 will be happy, peaceful and joyous.

angels wife, I am so glad that you were able to get back out onto the porch. I know it does you such good. Don't forget your sun screen. Also glad you are getting so many of your crocheting projects done.

Nan, so glad that you can go up and down the stairs in a no pain way and feel just as if there had been no surgery. Recovery is blessed is it not. I am so amazed at where medicine and surgery has come from and now day.
I am sorry the weather has been so cool there, but your right this time of year makes one reflective and respectful.. grateful. I think that's why I like the Christmas season so much I look back and know that my whole year has been a gift and the one coming at me one as well. I don't think I put it into perspective until the year is ending and a new one starting.

Cory, I do hope that you continue to feel better and that the meds help keep the shin pain down. I have been so lucky that Vit D had kept my shin bone pain away, but I know that I may end up having to use something stronger soon as winter cold moves in on me.
I do hope your doctor can get you tested quickly for gluten and if it's that get you onto a gluten free diet or prescribe something to help. I am sensitive to gluten and have to be careful as to what I eat, as well, so know it's no fun to deal with. So I hope you can get the answer you need and begin to feel well quickly.

Okay, will get up and get moving my day along. Have a great rest of the day. Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hello again....MiMi in NC...I just reviewed the replies that each of you made about my post this morning...what is so funny is that I wrote part of it and then went back and deleted it and rewrote it...did not know whether or not to *share what I did with everyone or not*...have you ever pushed the submit button and as you pushed it you thought you really should have deleted it instead...well I did it this morning...too late...no turning back...it was done...whether I liked it or not...as I said in my post...choices or consequences...we make them and then we have to live with them.

I will soon be 60 years old...and what I have been through is actually even beyond what I can even believe myself...I have learned so much about so many different things and I would not wish what I have seen and heard on anyone...I sometimes think about all of this....as I label it my *grand saga*....my son calls it all of the *shenanigans*....and actually I have come to realize that this word actually *fits* what has happened...(read the definition of this as it is quite interesting) I have no idea just how he has *coped* through all of this...he took all of this in stride and as he said *he just appeared in court as he was summons and just smiled and nodded*...he just *went with the flow*...whatever happened, happened....as it was slap out of control, his control, my control and everyone else's control...he was one of those people who just get *caught up in the system*...I thank GOD each and every day for being there with us every step along the way...and I thank GOD for the outcome of how it all turned out...I shudder to think how it might have been/could have been...as it could have turned out so much worse than it did/has..
Faith is what I held on to....faith is all I had...

I am still waiting patiently to see my granddaughter...but that has not happened...I truly do not think we are even close to being allowed to have any contact with her yet.

Laws are suppose to be for everyone to follow...the US Constitution provides guidelines for all citizens, or it is suppose to anyway...it does state specific things which we, as citizens, are entitled to...those who are suppose to enforce the law are suppose to also *follow what it says*...but for whatever reason...none of it applied to my son (as well as my daughter and I am sure this also has happen to many others as well)...

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this...I am indeed glad that I shared this with each of you. I am encouraging my son and my daughter as well...to write a book about what has happen...I hope when and if this happens...it will have a very interesting title to it...

I do hope everyone had a good day...with lots of sunshine to enjoy...I hope we will all have a good night's rest as well.

Take care...and thanks again to everyone.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.