VACATION
squarley posted:
WELL I AM IN VIRGINA, IT HAS BEEN HARD TO TAKE A VACATION AND WONDER DOES EVERY ONE HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS, THE RIDING IN THE CAR ,PAIN FULL I AM SITTING ON PILLOWS, EATING OUT ,THE ANXIETY, SLEEPING IN A MOTEL OR TRYING TO SLEEP, GETTING MY HUSBAND TO UNDERSTAND I CAN NOT HURRY UP,HE MADE A REMARK , GOSH I BE GLAD WHEN YOUR NORMAL , O YES WOULDN'T I LOVE THAT YOU THINK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS HE GET IT I AM NEVER GOING TO BE "NORMAL". WELL THE TREES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND I AM TRYING TO ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS, I DREAD GOING HOME KNOWING HE WANT ME TO UNPACK,WASH THINGS AND GO ON WITH THE DAY, WELL HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL AND HAVE THE BEST DAY YOU CAN ,HUGS ,SQUARLEY

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Oh to see Virginia again... I love it there... My oldest son is still there {or should I say back there} in Virginia Beach... He came to AZ but missed "home" so he moved back... I so wish sometimes I was right there with him... even though I can't walk the beach anymore... I can wheel it lol... and I loved fishing off the dock... I still wonder... and probably always will... if I could ever fish again...

I hope you enjoyed your trip beyond the pain... It is hard for me to go to the store I can't imagine making a trip that far... I make a trip to my daughters in NM from AZ on a rare occasion... She usually comes to me... With me in the car a 7 hr trip becomes a 12 hr trip... lol... But if I can withstand the pain it is well worth it... Even thou I tend to sleep more then visit when I arrive lol...

When you get home just take your time and PACE... You need to do things at your own speed and take care of you first... I personally would put everything aside except the necessities and rest a couple of days... Let my body heal some... and then Pace myself to gradually unpack and get things back in order... If the husband wants more have him unpack and do the laundry lol... yeh right huh lol...

I know I am probably being sarcastic there and I am sorry... I don't have a right to do that... but please try to rest and take care of you...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug responded:
Hello squarley.....MiMi in NC...going on vacation takes a lot of planning....as it has for me...my DH and I went out west last year....did not plan anything this year....as my DH and younger son are going on a hunting trip the first of Nov...

When our trip was planned....(DH did most of the planning) I dreaded it....as I had no idea just how I would/could cope...as it ended up though...the first and last day were the worst...(as I did not have my recliner lounge to sleep in)....but buying one and having it shipped there was the best thing I could have done...

We did a lot of sight seeing....put a lot of miles on the new vehicle that we rented while we were there...had a great time....I found out just how important it is to pace, pace and pace even more...

I had a wonderful trip....overall...and I think everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime...so much to do and see....we did not push ourselves though...we only did what we could...we did go to a museum one day...and this was probably the hardest day I had other than the first and last day...otherwise....we had a wonderful trip...

We tried to stay on a somewhat schedule each day which did help me a lot...and I was able to rest when I needed to...

I am sure we all would love to be *normal* again....but I do not think this will ever be...it would be nice if we could *accept this* and also have our family and friends to understand....but I also do not think that will ever happen either...

Take care....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

squarley replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you Jan your so right,hugs Shirley

squarley replied to dollbug's response:
Thank you MiMI, you are so right to pace ,and more pace, am sore to day back kills for got my pain stop going to get some today,, hugs ,Shirley

katmandulou responded:
A couple of quick comments:
* this is your normal. HE has to get used to it.
* riding in the car can be torturous. Make sure he stops every hour or two so you can move around, stretch, have a bathroom break, etc.
* Does white noise help with sleep? I have an app in my iPad that generates soothing sound, Right now I'm using white noise (like when tour am radio is between stations) and "night sounds" (crickets).

Lou

crystalgreeneyes responded:
I am glad you went on a vacation. I only dream on going on a vacation these days, it's been years since I have been away any where. I am envious of my 22 yr. old daughter because the went to NY for the weekend.
When she had her college graduation in June, it was very hot that day. My husband was put out because I wasn't moving fast enough. He started an argument with me about taking pictures and why didn't I know how to use the camera? I did but his attitude was making me anxious and angry. I didn't want to spoil my daughter's day.
This is typical of his attitude. I feel like I am being held hostage by his expectations, knowing that he "expects" the house to be clean, the washing done, the house clean. I stay home all day after all! Yesterday, my pain was bad. I got up early but I went back to bed in the afternoon and I stayed there till 8 pm. No one came to ask if I wanted anything. My husband was annoyed because there was no dinner ready. He has gained a lot of weight and continues to buy cookies and snacks and sugar filled yogurt, even though I have told him that I am trying to avoid gluten and sugar. My point is - I can avoid it but he can't. He also said that he wasn't going to deprive himself of something just because I can't have it and he won't spend any extra money on gluten-free food.
Back to normal? What's that? Waiting on him hand and foot and doing everything else as well as working?
Lord help me.
Savour those happy moments and grab your rest when you can. Hugs to you also.