Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swelling
will82 posted:
I was talking to my brother and my Dad has had a leg that has been red for two weeks. The last two days his ankles have been the size of his calfs. At one point he fell down because he thought he was taking a step but his leg did not move. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

crystallou01 responded:
Hey Will82, I'm a nurse and I urge you to take your dad to either his regular doctor or to the emergency room. Swollen ankles can be indicative of a lot of different things...none of which I will share because I don't want to scare you. As a nurse, we aren't allowed to diagnose people with diseases but rather focus on helping people to cope with things. I would highly suggest having your dad elevate his legs and to take him to the doctor asap. Hope all goes well.

booch007 responded:
DITTO.......to everything. Get to an ER or Physician phone call and let them send you to the ER. Good luck. Nancy B

Anon_408 responded:
I'm not in the medical field, but I would just reenforce what the other 2 suggested. I hope by now, it has been done, as it's been a while since your post

Hope your dad is on the road to recovery!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.