Skip to content
Thursday ****10/25/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be in the low 80*s this morning....and we will be watching out for next week...as there is a cold front on its way....which will bring rain and cooling temps as well...I think those of you up north will really get some cold weather...strange and very weird weather....

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest...I am feeling some better today...had a rough day yesterday again..not a good thing for the mind or the body...I keep Noah today so I am sure we will have a good time together..he is such a happy little guy with lots of energy...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of *tools* that will help you cope better...I hope that you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....plus all of the other places here that will provide information to you about health issues...(all sorts of info at the Health A-Z, right under the WebMD at the top left hand corner)...

Vitamin D.....my favorite tip....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain...and as we all know....we FMers especially do not need any more pain to deal with...

Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon....as you will find that the more you know the better you will cope....it does take a trial and error process to figure out what will help you cope better...but there are all sorts of good tools and tips that you can try...what works for one FMers may or may not work for another....and only you can know if something has helped you.

The heating pad has become a good tool for me...especially since I have had problems with my back...I am also found taking vitamins and supplements has worked for me to help me control my FM pain...and staying on some sort of schedule of most everything....drinking plenty of water each day and doing gentle exercises or stretching is also good...it is a must for me to continue to move....and then there is the recliner....I have been forced to sleep in now for a long time...this is a lifesaver for me....don't especially like it but have found that my pain is not as bad...

OK...here is hoping everyone will have a great day...with lots of sunshine to enjoy...

That's all folks....take care....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday everyone. I hope everyone had a good day yesterday, restful night's sleep and an even better today as.

It's going to be in the mid 80's here, cooler tomorrow, with rain chances as well on Saturday, But OMG it's gonna be darn right cold this weekend. But we aren't going to get any bad or heavy rain from the storm, that's a good thing. And it's doesn't seem that our area will have any weather from the hurricane coming up the east coast. So am grateful for that. I do hope and have my fingers crossed that hurricane, now being being dubbed the second ' perfect ' storm isn't all they expect. CNN say's it's going to be a bad one, has all the right things to create a weather nightmare their saying. I really hope their wrong this time.

But since today is going to be weather perfect I plan to be outside painting porch railings. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of getting in what they say is the last of the " Indian summer " we've been having this week. I will miss the warmth and the colors. Right now it's all, lines, yellows, orange, gold and crimson on the trees. It's just breath taking.. but the tress's leaves are less and less each day and by Halloween I don't expect many tress to have any leaves left. UGH. Yards are knee deep in leaves, it looks so Fallish and it's lovely. So today I get to enjoy it while I can.

This will be a short post as I have to be at my PT appointment @ 9 and have to get up and get ready to go out the door. The PT on Tuesday morning and is starting off very slow, but seems to be of some help. I got migraine meds from the Neurologist Monday so the worry and fear of not having something to help treat a migraine, if one happens, is less now. Whew there. 2 of my doctors feel the migraines I have gotten over the past 8 weeks were allergy triggered and I agree, but getting the neck stretched and getting the herniated discs back in place is a good things as well. So don't mind one bit going.

DH and I are getting the house and our of doors ready for the cold weather coming at us. DH got the storm door on last night so we're pretty air leak proof on both entry doors now. We're putting on new rubber stops to help with leaks. DH insulated the metal garage door panels and the garage has stayed very comfortable so hope this helps with the keeping the cold at bay in there this winter.

Angelswife, I haven't' gotten to the bank yet.. do forgive me. Will get a money order off to you no later than this weekend or Monday, I promise. And guess what? I will be using one of my beautiful scarfs this Sunday as the temps will be cool enough. DH and I work will be out of doors at the church setting up displays for their Fall festival.So I will need a nice warm scarf. And being out of doors I know the sun will hit the scarf non stop and it will just twinkle away. Thank you so much for making these scarfs for me.

Okay, gotta get up and get moving or I'll be late for PT. Looking forward to afterwards cause I will be painted and I like to do that and it will be so nice out of door today.. a win win for me.

Gentle hugs to each of you.. and here's wishing each of you a fibro issue and pain free day.
Linda R

Teelady1 responded:
Morning, Mimi, Linda and all to follow!

I was feeling pretty good for a couple of days after having a couple of good nights of sleep. We're having some weather changes and now I feel terrible. Last night I barely slept. Kept waking up and feeling aches and pains in my legs and hip.

Still in pain now - but it is manageable.

Wishing everyone a great day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

zippdee7 responded:
I am new to this community. I've posted here once. i live in the midwest and am experincing the same temps.
Making it through the work day I know is an act of God. I thank him and praise him both for good and bad.

I experience all that you have and some other things that seems like its too many to list, but I will mention one. It is facial pain and everyday earche and throat ache. Ear ache is more than the latter. It is relly starting to bother me. Don't want to go to the doctor. Get tired of the bills. Don't want to stress my husband. He's had to put up with a lot in 15 years. He still bearly have a clue, and acts like he can just fix it and it is supposed to stay fixed!

I can't explain to people that I feel terrible sometimes off and on daily. They don't understand that I can be ok one minute athe next minute not! Sorry. I catch myself doing this often. I'm tired of having to explain, and it sounds like excuses. I talk to God often, but I'd like to talk with an actual human being at times. I cry a lot. Try not to do it in front of anyone. Always in private, unless we get on this subject I get touchy.

Thanks for letting me vent a little more.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I've been sick since Tuesday. I'm going to the doctor later to make sure it's not strep. I started with a bad sore throat; now both ear canals are inflamed and all the glands in my neck are swollen and tender. It hurts to swallow food and talk so I'm not doing much of either. My poor ears feel like they're on fire!

Husband is grumbling because I made an appointment instead of waiting another day or two to see if things would clear up. I didn't want to wait because the sore throat hasn't cleared like it would with a cold; plus both ears are involved. It goes without saying I'm running a fever and I really feel miserable. All I want to do is sleep.

I am mostly drinking liquids because food feels like gravel and sandpaper every time I swallow. It may be just a bad virus, but I'd rather play it safe. The doctor's office said there's a lot of strep going around. I definitely don't want to wait longer if it's that.

Oh well---enough complaining. I am going to go back to the bedroom with my tea and the vaporizer and take a nap. Then I'll do some crocheting. After that it's off to the doctor. I'll try to check back later and let everyone know how it went.

dollbug replied to zippdee7's response:
Hello zippdee and welcome....sorry that you are having to deal with so much...I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better...I can not answer your face pain...but I happen to know all about the throat and ear problems along with sinus issues as well...once I had ear problems though I am forced to get medical attention for this...and the longer I wait, the worse mine gets...

I am sad that your DH does not have a clue...but I might also add that most men are the same way...unless they actually experience FM themselves....and I guess you already know that supposedly not many men have FM...lucky for them...personally I think more men have FM but they refuse to go to the doctor about it...most men do not think that they need doctors anyway...My DH was this way until he got sick and had cancer...this changed him big time...he now knows that when he gets sick he needs to go to the doctor about whatever it is...the not understanding is not only men though....it seems to be people in general...even doctors don't understand just how mean and ugly this illness can be...

I do not know what you have tried...but I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....there are a lot of good *tools* that you might want to try...I am one of the *vitamins and supplements FMers*....I have learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking these and doing other things as well.

It took me a long time to figure out the *right combination of tools* which works for me....so hang in there and continue to try different things....I am sure you will eventually find what will work for you as well...it is not easy though...and it does take time and effort...

I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope you will post often and know that we do understand exactly what you are going through...

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

zippdee7 replied to dollbug's response:

I was unbeliveably tired a couple years ago and my nurse practitioner suggested that I get my levels check, and my Vitamin D was very low. They gave me some big horse pills to swallow for a caouple weeks, and what do you know, they did the trick. Didn't know how bad I felt until I felt better.

Since then I don't feel that tired, but I am tired. I might check on continuing the vitamin D. I rub myself done with somethign like ben gay, and use heating pads. Learned that a long time ago. I take baths, when I can get in the tub, and long showers.

I listen to musi all the time. They let me listen to online radio at work after I let the shame go and sort of explained my plight. They also bought me new warming gloves, because I found our that I have ulnar nerve entrapment. My nose hands, feet and face are almost always cold. Seem like I am very sensitive to cold. I told my doctor about the cold thing, and he said"keep warm" that's all I can tell you!
He said he doesn't know why some people have to suffer more than others. We all ask God why, and I answered Why not. He said that was good attitude to have. Lord knows I try. I may not look like it , but I do.

I wished I could eliminate some more stress, but that comes with living in this world. But when all else fails, I look to the hills from whcih cometh my help. Being like this seems to keep me in constant contact with the Lord. Not that I wasn't consulting before. It Just make you more aware.

These Thorns!!!

zippdee7 replied to zippdee7's response:
Excuse all the mispells

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening gang, doing slightly better. I littery drug though the day. I can say I did very little. I did what I could and nobody complained.

I think I found the source of my right knee/leg pain. If it gets worse I will see the Dr, but I think it is a sprained LCL. The wierd part is I woke up to it. I didn't do anthing I can think of to set it off. (rest, ice elevate) I found my velcro knee brace and that seems to help.I feel a little less helpless this evening. Knowing tomorrow is Friday helps too.

It is freezing here. It is 34 right now with a high of 38 tomorrow. Not far from here they had 5" of snow today. We only saw a few flakes. It is supposed to warm back up to 40 for next week.

That is all for now, I hope you all sleep well, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.