Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****10/27/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where I am listening to the Sandy (storm) predictions....major changes for next week....cold and possible snow??????? Really...in Oct? OMG...trick or treaters will be hit hard...not a good thing...those of you up north will get hit the hardest....so they say....so I guess everyone had better get ready for the storm...it has been predicted that NC will have a very cold and bad winter, with lots of snow...ok...so perhaps we all had better get use to this weather...it is going to be a very longgggggg one.

It has been a very long week for me...I am still having back issues...but I do feel better than I did since earlier in the week...

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...and those who are returning after a while of being gone...FB seems to be fading some...not as many people interested in joining...and some people actually leaving...

I am sure that new members will eventually find something that will help you cope...it does take a trial and error process...there are no quick fixes or magic pills that I am aware of...and what works for one may or may not work another...but we, FMers, must keep on keeping on...until we figure out the right combination of *tools* that works for us.

Vitamin D....remember to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...and keep tabs on it at your yearly check up...

That's all....have a good Saturday...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... Again... my prayers go out to those in the storms path... My son says making it this late in the year and mixed with cold makes it worse... I hope all you are going to be alright... My son is in Virginia Beach, Virginia so he is in her path too... I do worry so very much about him and all my loved ones there...

I am sending all my spare guardian angels and all my excess peace to you all... I hope you each can find a little strength from them to make it thru this time of need... I wish we could have generators for internet lol... You will be on our minds and we will be waiting for word from you... Bless you all...

I am hanging in there... Thats about it... Wish I knew enough about the spine to read my xrays and MRI's they gave me lol... I may just go get the reports this week... I don't see the dr to go over them until middle of Nov.... It will probably go fast but right now it feels like forever... these are the xrays and MRI's finally done to see if something new or more is going on in my neck and shoulders... Took long enough for them to listen to me... But I didn't exactly ask nicely this time... I sorta demanded with a consequence...

I have the kids today... their mom told them that DPS was coming there to take her to the dr... and they had to come back home... they were upset but I played shoots and adders on my laptop with them and we had a blast... found out my grandson is not a good looser lol.... he cries a lot when he looses... lol... But h got over it lol...

I am going to read a bit here and get ready for my day... My son got up an hour early today... Must be a full moon lol... Anyway I don't have to wake him... and can have an extra cup of coffee with him... so talk to you all later...

Have a great day... Take care...

Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
morning..hope the storm on the east coast goes out to sea and everyone has a good weekend..the weather here today is beautiful...

I will be off to mom and dads shortly..

my DS got sent home by the hospital but has an appointment on Monday...and he did sound upbeat...but he always sounds like that..but maybe more so..

Linda...glad you will try some subbing...it is nice that you can always say no..the worst thing is usually that they call at the worse times...but usually the teachers leave you with notes of what to do...but if you have any questions...I will be glad to give advice...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

thenikki64 responded:
This past week was hard for me, too. The RA in my hands makes it difficult to do my job. The pain comes and goes, but when I shake hands, yowsa! How do you NOT shake a hand offered to you? Today at church, the associate pastor shook my hand, and it was all I could do to keep the smile on my face. He is such a nice man. I certainly could have just said to him that my arthritis made handshaking uncomfortable. I am not sure how to handle this.

My botox is wearing off faster after each treatment. It has been 3 months since my last one. The pain has awakened me almost every night last week. I cannot get in a position that is comfortable. I have a tempurpedic regular pillow and a contoured pillow. Sometimes it is better to not use a pillow at all. I guess I need to look in the toolbox for pillow suggestions.

Halloween is coming up, and there is already Christmas decorations in the stores. Christmas is starting at Halloween now instead of the day after Thanksgiving. Why do they keep changing the rules? Perhaps it is just to keep us on our toes! Here's to having a better week!
Pam in Savannah

crystalscats responded:
I thought I was the only one who hurt so bad when I had to shake hands! Like you said how to not when a hand is extended. I also have had it bad with this storm today. I think too my pain is worse from the weather and stress, as I am completely stressing over my relatives and friends when I moved here from NJ.

So my prayers are going out to all my family and friends in NJ. Not helping my pain with the stress. My mom is the only one in FL and is save from this hurricane this time. My mom and I talked earlier about how I usually worry about her with the hurricanes and now my family in NJ?

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.