Skip to content
Sunday *****10/28/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be nice again...with temps around high 60*s....but rain will be headed our way shortly....I hope everyone gets by this storm which is headed up north....they are saying high winds and possible power outages...OMG...not a good thing...someone predicted it will be one of the worst in 30 years...Really? I often wonder how these people can know this...all of the modern technology no doubt.

I rested ok last night but woke up early as the furbabies thought that they needed to get up early...good thing though they came back in and went back to sleep...I do not like waking up too early though...as it is so hard for me to try to drift off again...
I hope everyone got a good night's rest and I do hope today will be a good day for everyone as well.

So fall is definitely here....OMG...the leaves are all over my yard and I do not even have trees...I guess DH will be getting up leaves soon....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...learn all you can about dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...with time and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more...it does get better...we, FMers, must learn to listen to our body and take care of it as well...I have learned this the hard way...after pushing oneself over the line several times...it begins to sink in...just how much we can or can not do...

I do hope each of the new members will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page....be sure and also read the *sharing your toolbox* post...where you will find some good *tools and tips* to try.

Vitamin D...be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your level checked...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good Sunday and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good mornig everyone, I was just watching the news and coverage of the impending storm.It looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride.

It is still cold here, I think we hit 36 yesterday. The rest of the week the sun is supposed to be shining and back up to 40. I don't think we have seen much sun for several days.

I am still in rough shape and taking it easy. All of my joints that have ever bothered me are doing so. Oddly, my right LCL issue just dissapeared completely by yesterday morning. I had a hard time falling asleep the other night and was wondering how long it would last, then I wake up and it's gone? I don't understand it but I'm glad it's better.

Yesterday we met my latest niece Signe. I have a trwin brother but my sister Melina and I are identical in personality. It's funny how that works.

I hope to get out on a short walk today, but I am not sure about the cold. Whenever I stepped outside yesterday I could feel it in my bones. I don't know how else to describe it. I better get some more warm gear for this winter.

I hope you all have a great day!

Cory

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Still nursing the strep, along with an infection in both ears. The antibiotics are helping a little, but I'm not having much fun. I can swallow better now but my ears are still on fire inside and I'm wretchedly tired. I'd forgotten how horrible strep can make you feel, since I haven't had it for over 20 years. I'm getting rather tired of resting, but it's all I feel like doing. I think I'll be skipping church this morning.

We are as ready as we can be for the hurricane. We did a little shopping yesterday and we stocked up on drinking water. Husband also buttoned up the deck...We can't do much about the state of the building, unfortunately, but we have towels and buckets on hand. Whatever water we catch can be used to flush the toilets if the power goes off.

Right now they are forecasting four days of rain, as the storm is a slow mover. It all starts tonight. We are under high wind warnings until mid Tuesday and flood watches/warnings until Wednesday morning. Since we live inland we "only" have to worry about 60mph wind gusts. The shore is due for 80mph gusts plus a 12-foot storm surge. We are getting off easy, lol.

Our landlord is completely AWOL...He came in three days ago, stayed for a couple of hours, and went off again. We haven't seen him since. For a wonder, he didn't come looking for the rent like he usually does when the end of the month comes around. Of course, I don't know where his mind is, lol. He's been on and off his meds all summer and that makes things interesting.

I am off to have a second cup of coffee...Then I think I'll curl up with my crocheting. I am working on hats again, because the craft fairs are coming. I might even take a (YAWN!) nap...The morning dose of antibiotics is starting to kick in.

Hope everyone stays safe...I will post as I can the next few days.

dakotaspirit1957 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Well... Hi All... Well... I am trying not to be brain dead but I think I just said "well" for almost no reason at all... lol... The grand kids will be asking for breakfast soon as they just walked in... My pregame sows for football starts in about a half an hour... Then football... as my grandson puts it "goes on forever"... And today My Cowboys are playing on TV so I am happy to be in the watching category lol... It is a big game... I am richly looking forward to it... And plan my pain killers around it lol... There will be plenty of pain after all the activity and yelling lol... And I won't need at least a couple of exercise periods for I sure won't be stiff... Hurting yes... stiff no... lol...

BRB... gotta get cereal lol... did that... moved inside.... TV is on the channel... kida are in their room with their TV... and toys lol... so they are happy... I need to get a table that goes over my bed or reorganize so I can be in bed and on the computer again...

I have the help... just not the energy to boss anyone around lol... Some friends told me if I changed my room around and make it easier to be at my desk and use my computer from my bed I might feel less depressed... They offered to help... but I have to find the energy to deal with it lol... I have always done my own reorganizing... maybe not much lately but just enough... I can't anymore..

I find it humbling to ask for help... Is that the right word.. I don't think I am an easily humbling person... lol... I guess I associate it with weakness... Another thing I have to have help with means I can't do it myself... I always liked to do it myself lol... I didn't have to worry about other people misunderstanding or trying to do it their way lol...

Well... I am feeling a bit better today... still very foggy... brain death is hard to come back from lol... still have a little Parkinson's dance but my FM dance seems to be letting up a bit... the all over pain is down to just a few spots... But then I do have a game coming on lol... But it is worth the pain for the enjoyment I feel yet is great... And when we win the euphoria is enough to kill pain lol...

I guess I will go listen to my pregame show... I have only been giving it half my attention... and now I switch to the other one lol... I pay more attention to it...

Still praying for those in storms way... especially thinking about my son in Virginia Beach... Bless you all... If we lose contact hurry back... And we are right there with you... Loving you... May you remain safe...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

foreversore replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Jan I too am looking forward to the Cowboys game and we actually get to watch it too. We are such big fans my hubby wants to buy our boy dog a jersey and our girl dog a cheerleader outfit that we can buy online LOL.

It's really chilly here in the 30's at night and 40's maybe 50's if we are lucky during the day. I did not sleep well at all last night due to knee pain but I am managing to make it through the day on what little sleep I did get.

After the game its doggie bath day. Even with the pain I should sleep well tonight. We ran errands earlier and it takes about an hour and a half to bathe, blow dry and brush/comb each dog.

To every one in the path of the oncoming storm, stock up, hunker down and BE SAFE! I know it may not be immediately possible but check in as soon as you can so we know you are doing OK.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday everyone. I am sending feel well wishes out to angelswife and MiMi. I do hope that you both begin to feel a better quickly.

For those in the Family who live along the East coast and are in the path of Sandy I hope and pray it' isn't all it's being made out to be. I do hope that you do not have any damage from this storm.

It's a lovely Fall day here. 60 something, windy with the loveliest blue sky ever. It will be really cold at night. Down into the low 30's and not very warm during the day. Very typical for Fall here. It will like this all week, very, very fall like. The wind is taking the leaves off the trees and it looks like snow showers sometimes there's so many leaves blowing around. All the lawns have piles of leaves, so much so the color of the lawns are covered by sheets of leaves.

I came down with a cold yesterday. I hate Fall and winter colds! ;( I thought it was allergies, but no, it's a cold. I took some cold medication this a.m. and it is helping some, but I feel run down, beat up and so congested. I got the cold from my DD She warned me she was sick, I should have listened and stayed away.

DH is outside painting the barn(s). Meant to get them painted weeks ago but other small projects got down instead. He got the lights installed in the garage for the plants yesterday. One grow light and one very long over head light. The garage is staying warm at a nice 65 so the tropical plants may just be okay this winter if we can keep the garage warm that long for them.

cece, thanks for the advance help. I think I'll be going to the school board office sometime later this week. ( Letting the cold I have right now clear up first. ) You won't believe the pay here for substitute teachers: 9.00 an hour. Maximum hours a day 5.5. Sad isn't it? The cost of a state back round check(s), etc here is around 175.00. And that's more than I'd make in 4 days of subbing. And get this you don't even need to have a 2 or 4 year degree to sub. You also do not need any teaching courses or a teaching degree to sub, just a high school diploma. Really sad. I have completed all but 12 units of my teaching courses, just shy of the Masters in Education. But it doesn't matter as long as I am breathing and have a high school diploma.

Anyway I plan to ask for assignments to begin in January. I will also find out if I get penalized for turning day assignment days down. I know with LAUSD one did. it is was so bad with LAUSD that I refused to sign up to sub because after 2 turn downs they stopped calling. And anyway, I don't want more than a day or two a week. Just enough to get me out of the hous every so often.

Okay, my head hurts so bad, so I am going to set it back down on a pillow. Sending feel well wishes to all.

angelswife replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Oh, Linda----I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you get better fast!

I'm popping on tonight because things are about to go to hell here in CT. The latest word is, 55-70 mph winds are going to start after midnight and continue unabated for 36 hours. It is also going to rain for four solid days, and they are warning of widespread flooding. If the power goes, we can expect to be without it for ten days or more, worst case. If you don't see me on for a while you'll know why.

We don't get a lot of "real" hurricanes here. They are comparing this one to the hurricane of 1938, and I admit I'm a little scared. But we have prepared best we can...I can't do much about the leaking roof or the fact that all our vehicles are parked under trees. But I can choose to stay positive; and I plan to do lots of crocheting. That will keep the stress levels down.

The one good thing is, the shelter is only half a mile away. At best, Husband and I will be volunteering there after the storm has passed. At worst, we will be staying there like we did last year. Either way we will get through this, and sooner or later I'll be back to post. But if we lose power, that may not be for a while.

In the meantime---stay safe! I will check in tomorrow if I can. Otherwise I'll see you when it's over. Hope everyone gets through in one piece.

foreversore replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, thoughts and prayers going out your way. I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you. We will be anxiously awaiting hearing from you to know that all is well.

crystalscats responded:
Well coming on late as usual. I have been job hunting. I had a phone interview for a job I could really use, and not too far to drive either. But what worries me is am I capable of this, I mean I was feeling good then this storm. I bedridden except for the recliner, my best friend. I was walking from the kitchen to the recliner and my knee cap popped out! Had to pop it back in place!

My DH and DS can't stand it when I do that. I can't do it in front of either of them! LOL How do they think I feel. Every joint hurts, these are the times I have to use the meds I saved and didn't take on good days. I'm using everything today, and this is supposed to last 4 days???

I am stressed too about my family in NJ. I am just out of the area here in WV. On the mountain we used to high winds and I don't have to worry about flooding here but down in the valley they do. And high winds due occasionally take out lines and trees here. Well typed enough am hurting again. May not write as much as I used to but still here and lurking some days!

Crystal

Anon_2912 replied to crystalscats's response:
I pop my knee back in place at least 4 times a day....

I guess I am used to it that it most the time I don't even know I am doing it...until someone asks "what was that noise".

Mine is the knee cap. If I sit too long when I stand up I have to put it back in place...

I have had to do it for the last 19yrs...I messed my knee up in HS.

spiderslayer replied to Anon_2912's response:
Seriously...I did that for many years...7 yrs ago I finally had my total knee replacement...a wonderful thing...one less pain to deal with when you have firbro...of course, I had been bone on bone for 6 years and had no ligaments left...looked like the tin woodman the way my knee spun in circles.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.