Skip to content
Oh, and did I forget to mention..?
crystalgreeneyes posted:
Of course I did, because most of the time I am living in a fibro. fog and often don't know what day it is or that I am struggling for the next word to come out of my mouth when I used to be so articulate. That I do weird and unusual things that I sometimes see my 85 yr. old mother do, and think it's odd but that's just because she elderly. That I left my house the other day without locking the door and leaving the garage door open as well, something I have never done before..
And of course I forgot to mention that we should avoid alcohol and caffeine and so many of the things that we used to enjoy.
I am better than some, I know. I have a combo of myofascial pain and fibro. but I see that others have a host of issues with RA and MS and OA in addition to this.
Above all we are expected to be POSITIVE when we are feeling so hopeless because what is the point of negativity? It's not so easy to be positive when faced with so much. All we can do is try.
I will likely remember something else I wanted to add as soon as I post this and try to recall what it is that I forgot to do yesterday...

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
don't feel alone... I made 6 trips into my bedroom and still didn't remember what I went there for... mmm me think it was a pen so I could write down my webmd info so I have it next time... I have a folder with all that stuff in it but I need to update webmd... didn't have the email addy and the password... mmm how could I have forgotten that lol... well... now that I know I need a pen I would write it down and then go get it but I need one to do that... So I will make trip 7... Can you guys yell at me when I get there that I need a Pen lol...

I am not a very safe cook anymore... I have to stay right with it or I forget it is there... That bothers me a lot...

I even forget my alarm has gone off for my meds if I don't jump to it right away... I forgot to wake my son up at 6:30 yesterday morning when the alarm went off... I almost made him late for I got him up at 7 when I remembered... I feel like a flake lol...

well... I will catch you next time... hoping I am on my way to get my pen now... lol...

love... Jan/Dakota

foreversore responded:
I get this a lot too. I frequently forget why i walked into a room, I have boiled a pan of water dry because I forgot about it and I frequently lose my train of thought and just drift off in the middle of a sentence and then can't remember where I was. My DH and I try to make light of it, but inside I get disappointed with myself. Its just another one of the limitations that we all have to accept and I am still working on it.

schrode replied to foreversore's response:
I also suffer from CRS(can't remember stuff). The thing I miss the most is books. Authors that have always excited me can no longer hold my attention. Not to mention that it is hard to hold a book for long.

I have decided to get back to reading by started at a lower level. I found one of my teenagers books interesting and I was able to read it! It helped to have a shorter fast-paced book. I have not been able to get another book started but I will keep working on it.

I do sometimes get irritated with my Fibro Fog. But I am learning to accept my new normal.

Soft hugs,
Deb

crystalgreeneyes replied to schrode's response:
Hi Schrode. I have always been a reader. I still read a lot but I read books over and can't remember having read them. I started having difficulty holding a book as well, so I got a Kindle e-reader last year. I find this so much easier; I just prop it up next to me and with a click I can turn the page. I think the newer versions are even easier in that they have touch screen.
crystal

maggiethedoglover replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi Jan,

Not sure if this will work for you too, but I put this website on my Favorites Bar and all I do is click on it and there I am. Don't know if I even have a password.

God luck.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.