Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****Nov 1, 2012 ***** Already?
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....another new month started....and just a few days until the election will be done....it is time....and I will be so glad when this is over with....it is past time to move on...

MiMi in NC...and Thanksgiving is next on the list...with Christmas just behind...and this time of year rushing by....so much to do and little time to do it...it is almost as if the past few months have been slower than the next 2 will be....I do not think this is the case though....time passes by the same, I guess....it is just the illusion and everyone has so much to do before the end of the year...

Here is hoping everyone got some good rest last night...and I hope today will be a great day for all of us...hopefully with lots of sunshine....it is chilly this morning...but at least it is dry....

I was in a store yesterday....and past by a toy aisle when I heard barking....in a store? I looked but did not see one and then saw something in the corner of my eye...I looked down and there was a dog on the bottom shelf moving and barking....OMG...I guess I got close enough for this dog to start barking...so now I guess if people do not want real barking they can just buy a barking toy dog....I was wondering IF there is a switch on the dog or not....don't know...I can not imagine listening to a small dog barking all the time though...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take time...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...so hang in here and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is so important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well, according to the medical researchers...

Have a good day....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more...

I hope the power will soon be restored for those who have lost it....and I hope everyone was able to stay safe during the storm...stay safe today as well....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am still dealing with a sore throat; but I found that that is one of the side effects of the antibiotic I'm on. Guess I won't know if it's actually worked until I finish taking it.

I am trying to get my day started. I was feeling perky when I woke up; then I took the antibiotic with my breakfast and now all I want to do is take a nap. Probably by the time I've gotten used to that I won't need to take it anymore, lol. I still have a week to go.

I am learning that I need to stop comparing myself to the person I was before I got hurt this year, because it causes a lot of frustration. Before I got hurt, I could work 8-10 hour days (I know, not good for me) and I could walk a 15-minute mile. Now I can't be on my feet for more than 15 minutes before the swelling and pain gets to be too much; and a mile would probably take me 15 YEARS at my current speed. This is going to be my new normal whether I like it or not, and I will have to adjust accordingly. My only consolation is, it won't be like this forever.

My biggest frustration is the state of the house and the yard. Husband does the best he can; but certain things aren't on his agenda, like vacuuming, sweeping and raking. The place is so messy I'm ashamed to have anyone in; and the yard is in deplorable shape. I usually keep it looking neat at least. Between the dust and the mildew my allergies are constant, and I'm sure that's not helping the strep one bit.

When I wake up, my brain says, "Okay---today I'm going to sweep the deck and roof, vacuum the living room, rake the yard, and paint the kitchen." My ambition to be busy is off the charts. Then I'm on my feet for fifteen minutes and my ankle is howling so much I have to sit down. Then I get frustrated, and I can't even take a power walk to burn the frustration off. What's a woman to do? I would at least like to keep our place looking livable, and right now I can't even do that. It's enough to make me spit, grrrr!

Okay---venting over. I have writer's group this afternoon and I need to go and write something. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 1ST Thursday of November everyone! I hope your last night was interesting and safe. 5 of my six grand children dressed up and OMG so cute. My 6 year old GD was a gum ball machine. So cute the local news crew took her picture. My oldest GD was a bath tub duckie. I know odd, but sooo cute. DH and I stayed in, very few children came by, we have way to much candy left.

And MiMi is right it's now onto Thanksgiving and this year I am so grateful and feel so blessed for so much medical reason. I am truly blessed. God has given me so much and kept so much from me. I have so many reason to be hopeful and grateful. And i will have my entire family together for our Thanksgiving meal. Yes, God has been very good to me.

I want to help those who have less than I do or are in special need and giving what you can, I believe,is the reason for the season. I would love to have been able helped sign up to serve dinners this year at either the Salvation Army Rescue shelter or over at one of the local churches, but with DD and family coming in from Hawaii, I really want to be with them. It's been 6 years since we've had family together for a Thanksgiving meal. So since I can't be there in person I will donate money towards the cost of those meals instead.

Jeez it feels like late Fall now. It's so cold here this a.m. Was below freezing last night. I will have to double layer today to stay warm when out doors. Will be really cold again tonight but sunny and warm during the day time. Like it's sunny now Saturday will be in the 70's. YES.

I hope that those of you who have been effected by Sandy are getting back to normal and that, if you lost power, that things there are getting better.

I am going to make this short as I need to get out the door early.

Angleswife, a money order will be going out to you today for the cost to you of shipping my scarfs. Bless you for waiting.

Okay, here's wishing each of you a medical issue / fibro related issue, pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Happy November!

Cold and sunny here today. I 'll be getting out today, errands to do and a dinner at my high school. I stay in touch as a member of their advisory council. Vocational high school education has come a long way since I was in HS, and they actively ask people who are working in the business to advise the instructors on the latest trends in the industry. I enjoy talking to the teachers, other professionals, parents, and students about what's going on in the wide world of graphic design.

We had fewer than 20 kids at the door last night. DH was shutting down when the girls next door and their friends showed up. I think he gave them double candy. God knows that I'd just chow it down, but after working so hard to lose that 30 lbs I know I shouldn't. I do plan a snack for later, but should it be all the Reese's cups we didn't give out? LOL

Oh Mimi, Christmas merchandise is hitting the shelves. Actually, Hallmark has had it out since July. I was in Target and saw Christmas lights behind the ever-smaller Halloween candy last week. Ugh, I think I'll never be ready! I'd like to get an on-off switch for my real dog, sometimes I think she'll never stop barking.

angelswife, patience and pace yourself. You're not the same person who woke up in your skin yesterday, either. You're not used to doing things for quite some time, so take it slow and get better gradually. Today is Trash Eve (tomorrow is Trash Day!) and I have done a little sweeping thuds morning (al three vacs are broken!) and will finish later.

Linda, have you thought of baking for the Salvation Army or a local place that will feed people on T-giving? I hope my suggestion will inspire you. I am 5 pairs of mittens from my goals on hand knitting 50 pairs for a local charity that makes Christmas happen for children of needy families. I like to think that a child who get a pair (which are tagged "Hand Made for You") will be inspired to give to his/her community when he/she gets older.

I wish you all the best Thursday you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all.. It isn't morning anymore... But I thought I would come back as I wrote a message but I didn't check in... I am trying to clean my room... My new comforter came UPS today and I love it.. The side that touches me is silky... If it doesn't fall off the bed all the time so I have to pick up the heavy thing it will be great... Now to try to get the rest of my room done... I still have my books to unpack and my stuffed animals.. I collect teddies and monkeys and I added a horse to it last week... On sale and just too cute... And only one left so I couldn't give it to the grandkids... lol... I also collect dolls and angels... My room is also decorated with Cowboys junk... lol... So I have lots to look at and cuddle... But most call it clutter lol... I just need a bigger room... lol... I also found 2 statues one with the towers in NY in it and one with them as a Ghost... They are covered lightly by the US flag.. They are beautiful... Got them at a yard sale for $... A dear bargain.. And I have a few trinkets here and there... Just a few eagles and wolves... I want to find some panthers but I haven't found any... They represent my kids... My youngest son is the eagle... My oldest the wolf... and my daughter the panther... I may have to change that but I have no idea what to... If a bear wasn't so manly I would change it to the bear... she can be pretty grizzly at times lol... But she is trying to change that so I don't think that is appropriate... lol... and my baby paul who was still born is my precious angel... I actually found one that looks like him...

Today is going too fast... I am not getting things done... And I want to go to bed... I am hurting and don't want to do this... But I am not hurting that bad... I picked up a plack my son gave me and almost thru it across the room... I am jerking a bit... luckily it fell on the bed and didn't break... I hate it when I can't control my motions... It drives me insane... lol...

Well... I had my cig and my drink... Time to get back up before I get stiff and then I have to give up lol... Or I just get too lazy lol... I can do most of it sitting down but not in a good position lol.. It will be fun... I might be back to vent a bit lol... Or I might scream and go to bed lol...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.