Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
"I have what you have Nany" and he cried...
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
My darling 5 year old grandson Ethan came into my room at about 3 this morning saying that over and over and crying... He had gone out for trick or treating and evidently his little legs didn't like the long walks... Both legs were cramped up and he was in so much pain he could hardly walk or stand... He kept saying over and over that he has what I have... and He wants the pain to go away please Nany make it go away...

Tears filled my eyes... I couldn't help but cry... I tried gentle massage and they got worse... He cried to hurry and help... I got my heating pad and wrapped them and put it on low...Gave him some ibuprofen and finally 2 hours later he was sleeping like a baby...

This morning his legs were sore but he went to school... I hope it never happens again... He was just so scared and pitiful... As I held him in my arms and we cried together I tried so hard to explain he just walked too long when he was out trick or treating... But he thinks he is sick like me... I so pray he never is... But...

He is a very active boy... A karate boy... So he is always chopping something with his arms and legs... To think this would happen to him really was a surprise... He is always on the run... Hardly ever inactive...

His dad has FM and neck problems... Runs in the family?

I don't know what to think or do... Feed him lots of bananas... Have his dr look at him and check his potassium level... Wait and watch maybe it was just a freaking happening and won't happen again...

Any advice... it hurt so bad to see him in such pain...

thanks for listening... Love... Jan/Dakota

xperky responded:
I think you handled that well. I bet it broke your heart to hear him fear having your illness. Hopefully he will put it all behind him quickly!
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.