Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ATTENTION: SLOVENE54 sorry didn't mean to yell lol..
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
I am so happy it went well for you at the pain management dr's... That is just wonderful... I hope the neurontin starts working but remember it might take time... A good pain psychologist is good idea... Mine was wonderful 30 yrs ago I so wish I never left him... I will always praise him... He saved my life on many occasions... And kept my family together... I don't think we would be so close as we are if it wasn't for him... We did family counseling too with him... It saved our family...

Keep up the good work... I found some inf on the journals I was keeping when I first started thought you might like the info...

http://partnersagainstpain.com/tracking-pain/management.aspx?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=G1932

Maybe that will give you a little help in how to track your day... and remember it isn't something you have to do every few minutes... a couple of times a day... I think I din mine morning, noon, and at bedtime... I made a chart for my pain levels and on it put my meds I took and when... and noted if there was a trigger to the pain... and then had a small diary I noted in that was attached to it that I wrote in at night... Writing my feelings down about anything I went thru that day... say I wanted to do something and couldn't... I got angry or sad... pain got worse... or I had a good day even tho the pain was bad... did I do anything different to make me deal with it better... etc... sometimes it was a couple of lines... and a few times it was a few pages... Whatever came to mind I wrote down... I sometimes did or didn't share it with the dr... usually did...

I hope this finds you doing better already...

bless you and Take care hun...

Love... Jan/Dakota

slovene54 responded:
Thanks so much! Finding this Dr was a blessing. She listened to me and had lots of ideas on how to help besides the standard lose weight and excercise answer I usually get. Going to try to make more of an effort to write things down. My liver tests keep coming back off so I'm trying to get that figured out. My husband finally goes back on a day shift next week. Has been on graveyard for almost 2 years. Dealing with a toddler, work and my health has made these last two years some of the hardest I've faced. We got a puppy a few months ago cuz my husband was supposed to be on days then but it didn't work out. Of course we got a big dog that's teething. Can not wait for my hubby to experience this fun. One constantly attacking the other. He always says its only 3-4 hours after work till they go to sleep. Can't be that bad My husband truly hasn't accepted what has happened with my body and has a tough time being supportive. Well time to go the dog just knocked the child on her butt. good night!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.