Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****11/3/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...where it is cold again this morning....but it is dry for now.....a good sign for me....the weather is so weird around the country and people having to deal with so many issues....a lot still have no power....and some have lost their homes....AMERICA is in a MESS.....I continue to pray that all of this gets better....and now they are talking about another storm brewing....not good.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope we will all have a good day....with lots of sunshine....the sun is so very good for the mind and body.

It is hard to believe that we are now in November and Thanksgiving will be at the end of this month....and then Christmas will follow....the stores are now full of lights and sounds...and all sorts of new items...I had to go the other night and had Alec with me....so I took him to the toy store....Alec is a smart little boy....and he spotted a *chess set*....he wants one for Christmas....really???? I could hardly believe this...I have a monopoly travel game and he loves to play this with me...and he is really good at it....knows how to buy up the property and knows all about the rules of it...so I asked his mommy about this and yes....he can play....interesting....as I have no idea how to play chess...but perhaps I will learn....this is something that I am going to pick up for him...

Welcome to the new members....you have found a unique FM support group and I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...just hang out here for a while and ask questions....look around this site as you will find some good *tools and tips* that might help you as well....we are different and what helps one may or may not help you....only you will know when you have found the right combination of tools that help you feel better...and this does take time..

Vitamin D....please remember to keep tabs on your Vitamin D level which is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...remember to pace, pace and pace even more today....it is worth it to do this...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Deaer Mimi and fmily,

I write today so humbled to what Mother Nater can do. My town is still in a state of emergency and we are a mess, such devastation, but I (we)am OK. Our house from the last storm when 6 trees were damaged and were cut so far back they have all held up. That huge tree that was 'killed' by us for sure would have been on the house....so a gift there.

For my family the only sad part is the deli. The loss is so large again. All food had to be thrown away . We tried with dry ice to save so much but it is not safe after 4 days......with thermo's
keeping an eye on the temp. I myself threw out 10,000.00 worth of product.

It is sad too as you could give it away prior to the spoilage but as a businesss owner you keep thinking they will give you power and you can open. We are a community that is close and we could have done something for all.......

Well we have power now (last night) and life is returning to the normal we knew. Not the same though. Those days shut in.....tough for me, as a doer I was going crazy and not easy to be with....
Sharon can attest to it, she followed me via phone FB...

Now the clean up started yesterday and we have to sterilize the store prior to opening. Good news was the Board of Health is not inspecting us, as we have such great record of cleanliness. Mine and my husbands hands from bleach can attest to our cleaning of the cases and surfaces for mold and bacteria......I am a lunatic with this. So much money lost. But we have our lives and homes and all the important things you check off on a list.

It is 40* this am and it is getting colder, so many are still without power, some have gone to hotels and shelters....but it is going to be til next week before they feel close to finished fixing the mess in my area.

The Island were I grew up is so sad, I pray those people hold together.......my town faired well, I checked in. God bless the iPhone I now own and it's ability to "connect" me to so many.

Between phone calls and FB and emails....I had some touch with people I care about.

OK, I am OK...going to look at some posts and start the Saturday like a normal day. "Nothing in our lives is normal anymore....but" Hugs to all and I to find all are safe here, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Thoughts and prayers are with you Nana B.....and all of the others who were affected by the deadly storm....

I can not even imagine what all of you have been through....just know though that it will pass and it will get better...

Remember to take care and pace, pace and pace.....and keep your stress level as low as you can...I know that this by itself is extremely hard to do.

May GOD provide you all with comfort....

GOD BLESS.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi , being locked in a world with no connection to SEE the devastation to NYC and the Island is so hard......I drove some neighborhoods to get to the store (my office has no power...so I cannot see patients...it is bad) BUT what I saw is devastating. How they will rebuild and get norm again...I just don't know.

The weatherman said before this hit...IT WLL CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE FOREVER..he was right! Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good morning, Mimi!
I am in a much better spot this morning. The place was completely quiet last night and I got some decent sleep. That felt really good. It messes things up so much when I don't get my sleep.

This morning it's windy and in the 30s, but the SUN is out. I haven't seen that in over a week and it's beautiful. I wish I could get out and rake the yard, but my ankle is saying otherwise, so I'll have to give up that idea. Instead I'll crochet some more hats. I made five hats in three hours yesterday afternoon.

Nancy B---I am so glad to see you back on; and I'm sorry it's been such a hard week for you. Still, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Will insurance cover the losses? I hope so. ((((HUGS)))). I do wish I lived closer---I'd come up and visit you.

Not much else to say---I've been a bit slow to get started, as usual. It's time to get back to my crocheting! My first craft fair is only two weeks away.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning here... "Shake-a-out" here... lol... looks like it might e a Parkinson's dance day lol... I don't mind as long as I don't take hours to type this... Gets to be a pain... lol... but at least it gives me something time consuming to do lol...

Nancy... I am so glad to hear you are OK.. My heart goes out to you for your losses... My prayers are with you that you recover fast...

Sharon... You seem so busy with your hands sure glad they aren't mine... I don't know if I could hold a crochet hook anymore.... lol... I will leave that are to you now... just holding a pencil hurts and is a chore lol...

mmm... I haven't had my coffee yet... Woke up to my alarm but went back to sleep till the alarm I had to wake my son on... luckily... lol... I am very tired and yucky so I need to do something... Go exercise again a little early,,,

Take care all... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.