Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****Did you remember to *fall back*????11/4/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....I hope everyone remembered to adjust your clocks last night....actually my DH did this and I did not have to worry about it....it was indeed a bit confusing for one day....but I managed...there are a lot of things I can not manage to do due to my hands....it is hard to make fingers work that won't....

It is 41* and going to be in the high 50* today....ok...possible showers today....and OMG...they say another storm is on the way...not a good thing...so much to do with the last storm....prayers and thoughts are with all of these people who was affected by the storm...

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest last night and I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well....I did sleep well...but woke up way too early around 4...but did manage to drift back off for a bit...and then it was the furbabies who needed to go out...and Sassy continues to get louder...until I let her out...I am dog sitting Harley again....and she is always good, for the most part...it is too cold for her to stay outside today...but she does enjoy the outside.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process....to find the exact combination of tools that will work for us FMers....so hang out and know that it does take time and effort...every thing is indeed a *process* with dealing with the wrath of the dragon...aka FM...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which seems to be important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more....as this seems to be the *tool* that I put into use for almost everything I do....it is a hard process to learn though and it takes time to figure it out...one of our old FMers who use to post called it the 15/15 rule or the 20/20 rule...whichever you find works the best for you....work for 15 and then rest 15....it is important not to *push the body*....each and every time I do this...I pay dearly for doing so...

I do hope you new members will check out the *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...there are some good *tools and tips* that perhaps you have not thought of...

I hope you will post often and share whatever *tools* you have found that helps you cope as well....sharing the info here is what we are all here for....to help each other with coping and feeling better...just remember that what works for one may or may not work for another....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a great Sunday....and please for the sake of AMERICA....get out and VOTE...early voting ends today in our area....have a VOICE in what takes place...this is important...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Wow coming in at the END of the day here and no one posted??

I had quite a day today. Gave clothes to the shelter for the vicims of the storm, went to outreach at the deli and hug all the customers as they returned to have coffee and share their plights. I had a good day.

I went to care for Olivia and Madelyn so my son could work at the store and Olivia has a fever...."watching " her. Tylenol for the "mopey" look she has and temp. Madelyn is fine right now.

Got GAS WOW*** at a station over by my son no line...I guesss the gas is getting delivered now, or I got lucky.

The air is cold and in the 38-40* marks and we have to GET THE POOL FILTER IN..in the a.m. tomorrow is the time. We have another PUNCH coming....a nor'easter is coming again at us. We will see, they are saying could be snow.

We still have the leaves on the trees and it will take more down I know it. Hoe much can you take .
DH started the snow blower just to be ready if needed.......

CRIPES I am still not back to work as our medical building has no power and our machines so sensitive even if we have power it is 24 hrs later that we can try to get them up and running........YIKES.

So I am sitting home doing projects that are of benefit to many now. I was going crazy for a bit, I am a definite people person and will "crack" if not with the public a bit!

So, any way...checking in and I am alive with power...
Talk in the a.m., Nancy B

P.S: Driving around our town I again have to say "count your blessings" I am counting mine! Bad stuff I see here.....one tree uprooted the mans whole lawn and took the side of his house ! You can't imagine until you see this stuff that IT CAN HAPPEN.....OMG. Take care all.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I'm on my way to bed so this will be short...I was out at a church dinner until 8:30 last night and woke up flaring this morning, so I didn't do much except for crocheting. I haven't been able to take my Vitamin D with the antibiotics and I am really missing it right now! It keeps the hard flares to a minimum.

Husband, bless his heart, is still learning...I mentioned this morning that I was flaring, and he said, "How can you be flaring now? You've already had your monthly." I didn't bother answering that. I flare worst around that time of month, so I guess that's when he really notices. The rest of the time it's just background noise, so to speak.

I am gearing up for election day---our church is having its usual bake sale, and it will be OUTSIDE, omg. I will be running the table all day, since most of the others are working. I don't mind running the table, but I'm not looking forward to the cold. It's only going to be in the 40s. I will have to wear lots of layers and try to crochet with gloves on. Should be interesting.

I have crocheted 12 hats since yesterday afternoon. My first craft fair is less than two weeks away and I'm cranking out the hats as fast as I can. I can make a kid's hat in 25 minutes, and an adult hat in 45 minutes. I hope to have at least 175 done for my first fair on the 17th. Of course that number depends on how many I end up giving away before then. I've been doing that too.

I am off to bed...the flare has settled a bit and I want to go to sleep before it decided to come back. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.